SOC CONTENDERS

toast
All State

Re: SOC CONTENDERS

Post by toast »

Minford and Webster both have a big problem. Maybe it's a good problem to have and maybe not. I guess it depends on your perspective. :)

Both are loaded with solid talent. Both bring up very a good freshmen class this year to go with plenty of talent already intact. And Minford of course has the two eighth graders that could start varsity this year if they lived in Kentucky. Maybe a coaches dream come true or maybe a coaching nightmare. :lol: Tough decisions to make and somebody might not be too happy.

DIDO
Freshman Team

Post by DIDO »

There prolly wont be a better center in southern ohio than taylor conley! Mckenzie wittaker, alex rideout and cammy oiler are all returning starters . great
bench with about 4 freshmen that could start anywhere. Hopefully another great year as last was going to the convo.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Indapaint wrote:If Minfrd played their freshmen up last year they may have won the league and possibly the sectional, big coaching mistake there, Minford will be competing for 3rd or 4th by seasons end. Big step from JV to Varsity, those Freshmen now Sophmores could have used the experience..

You make no sense, how should they have won the league if they would have played the freshmen last year, but will be 3rd or 4th with the same kids as sophmores?

HomeBoy
Waterboy

Post by HomeBoy »

I said"may have", last year was the year for them to have had a chance. If you remember there was a tie for first place about 3-4 games into the conference schedule and then all year long was a tough battle. The Scoring off the bench would hav helped them tremendously last year, no matter why you think, and then with a very good senior class this season, the Sophmores would be in better shape to contribute quicker this year. Webster, Burg and NW will be even tougher this year due to the underclassmen having a year under their belt at the varsity level. This will be a tough year to win the SOC. Big jump from Varsity to JV, but SOC title really doesn't help if you are One and done in the Tourny. Remember who was the last two Teams standing sat year from the SOC at Athens? SW and West, both had Freshmen (believe West had to Frshmen off the bench?) helping all year.

GreenGrass
Freshman Team

Post by GreenGrass »

Two of those Minford freshman from last year were hurt the majority of the season and only played a handful of games so they would not have helped the varsity in any way and if you are looking for points the Green girl was right there under the basket, high scorer for the team in the majority of the games. With the team that was in place last year, none of the freshman would have hit the floor at the varsity level, too many juniors and seniors above them in the pecking order, they were better off at the JV level playing and working on their skills than setting on a varsity bench.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Indapaint wrote:I said"may have", last year was the year for them to have had a chance. If you remember there was a tie for first place about 3-4 games into the conference schedule and then all year long was a tough battle. The Scoring off the bench would hav helped them tremendously last year, no matter why you think, and then with a very good senior class this season, the Sophmores would be in better shape to contribute quicker this year. Webster, Burg and NW will be even tougher this year due to the underclassmen having a year under their belt at the varsity level. This will be a tough year to win the SOC. Big jump from Varsity to JV, but SOC title really doesn't help if you are One and done in the Tourny. Remember who was the last two Teams standing sat year from the SOC at Athens? SW and West, both had Freshmen (believe West had to Frshmen off the bench?) helping all year.

If the scoring off the bench would have helped last year how will it not help this year?

HomeBoy
Waterboy

Post by HomeBoy »

Like I said last year as Freshmen you are all on the same level, this year as Sophmores they are a year behind. It will help, but this is a different year with the experience teams like SW, a burg and NW got. Also one sophmore went back to her original school. Like I said, and like all of us on here, JMO. I have all seen all the players play over the years and even during the summer, so just felt Minfrd had no real threat off the bench last year, teams played them as such. This year only 2 Sophmores can help them. Northwest is a different team and they aren't bad, it clicked for them at the end of the season, and Coach Queen will have them ready. Burg is a different Team, Webster will be a beast, and their Freshmrn will make an impact. The Blanton girl could set a 3 point shooting record when it s all said and done, JMO, nuff said. Didn't mean to offend

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Your argument on freshman isn't exactly relevant when the team won the conference title.

Also, whoever said West has 4 freshman that could start varsity at basically anywhere in the county couldn't be more wrong.

I still think Wheelersburg is the best team in this league and Webster is a year away from winning the next 2-3 titles.

Why are people sleeping on Valley? They're better than what people think.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

My prediction:

South Webster
Wheelersburg
Minford
Northwest
Oak Hill
Valley
West
Waverly

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

It will be interesting to see how Northwest does. They are no longer a "young" team. New coach in Queen. But he has experience as a coach before and always got good play out of his kids even when they were not that talented. They don't have a "superstar" and I think that makes them more dangerous. I find it easier to game plan against one player than against 5.

O-A-K-S#1
Waterboy

Post by O-A-K-S#1 »

1: Webster
2: Burg
3: Northwest
4: Oak Hill
5: Minford
6: Valley
7: Waverly
8: West

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

1) Burg
2) Webster
3) Minford
4) Valley
5) NW
6)Oaks
7)west
8)waverly Pretty hard to guess, no powerhouse player , no powerhouse team .

Fools Gold
Waterboy

Post by Fools Gold »

ManitouDan wrote:1) Burg
2) Webster
3) Minford
4) Valley
5) NW
6)Oaks
7)west
8)waverly Pretty hard to guess, no powerhouse player , no powerhouse team .
I don't see any powerhouse teams or players, I do see a lot of good teams and good players.And Waverly may be a little better than some think. 8)

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

Fool, strongly disagree about the player comment, Hall from Webster is a stud, who puts personal interest second to winning. She avged 14 last year as a freshmen and not dominating the ball and could easily avg 20 plus if she was selfish. There are a couple of other players on several teams that could be selfish and aren't cause they want to win. So there standout "players" in the SOC but they buy into what there coaches are selling.

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

And another thing SOC standings are great, but it s better to playing at Athens and beyond when you get down to it in the end. Tourny Run. JMO

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I didnt mean their isnt solid very good players . Just no Tori Leaders ( at least yet) or girls that are head and shoulders above the Comp. League is VERY deep and thats a good thing.

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

Strongly disagree, know a couple are gettin serious D1 and D2 looks, and scoring doesn't make ou a great player. These girls are doing it all. Like I sad they sacrifice big scoring numbers to win games, that's why they are getting serious looks.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Who are they ? And who are the serious D1 lookers?

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

Tell U when I see ya, I would PM you but it doesn't go thru for me.

outsider
Freshman Team

Post by outsider »

I went to the previews and did not see one D1 prospect

Return to “Girls Basketball”