SOC 2

toast
All State

Re: SOC 2

Post by toast »

A much improved Waverly team hangs around against Oak Hill. Down 10 at half I believe. Oak Hill has a couple of very nice guards.

Any word on Minford and Northwest?

Shocked by the Valley / West score! Is Valley that good or is West struggling that much? West looked ok at the preview.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

toast wrote:A much improved Waverly team hangs around against Oak Hill. Down 10 at half I believe. Oak Hill has a couple of very nice guards.

Shocked by the Valley / West score! Is Valley that good or is West struggling that much? West looked ok at the preview.
Good to hear...I didn't think it would be the blowout of epic proportions of past oak hill games.Where are all those oaks fans anyway?

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

West is minus their senior post player in Conley, but still lacking fundamentals badly.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Looking at the school web site it appears Minford has only played one game. Their next game is against Wheelersburg this Thursday at Minford. That should be a good game.

The Northwest site indicated they played Valley last Monday at Valley. Can anyone tell us who won that game and the score?

jujubean
Freshman Team

Post by jujubean »

Valley beat Northwest - don't know the score though.

Minford game was moved to another because of the Tweet game with Huntington :idea:

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

toast wrote:Looking at the school web site it appears Minford has only played one game. Their next game is against Wheelersburg this Thursday at Minford. That should be a good game.

The Northwest site indicated they played Valley last Monday at Valley. Can anyone tell us who won that game and the score?
Minford is 1-1

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Who beat Minford? Thanks for all the help :)

Oaksince59
Freshman Team

Post by Oaksince59 »

Oaks have 3 girls who can light it up from behind the arc and 2 guards that can drive to the basket to force the action. Post play is improving and it all starts with solid defense. Right now the fans are sitting back and enjoying the good start to the season. Oaks are going to need to take care of business at home and win more than 1 of the tough road games no one outside looking in expects the Lady Oaks to win. The win at Webster was big. This fan likes what he is seeing right now. Should be an exciting league race this year. Keep the popcorn hot and buttered and in good supply.
:aaaaa26

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

SOC II is going to be very competitive, I agree with Oaks analysis, must hold serve at home and steal one on the road.

Toast, I believe they lost at that Paint Valley thing.

Tripleplay
Freshman Team

Post by Tripleplay »

Minford lost to a very good Athens team at the Paint Valley Classic.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Black Panther wrote:
toast wrote:A much improved Waverly team hangs around against Oak Hill. Down 10 at half I believe. Oak Hill has a couple of very nice guards.

Good to hear...I didn't think it would be the blowout of epic proportions of past oak hill games.Where are all those oaks fans anyway?
Never far away.

BasketballFan1
Riding the Bench

Post by BasketballFan1 »

How long is Conley supposed to be out for West?

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

MightyOaksFan wrote:
Black Panther wrote:

Never far away.
Good to hear....Don't see many of you post much anymore.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

South Webster 53 Waverly 42

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

Oak Hill 57
Valley 50

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Oaks off to a solid start . Burg with a big OT over Minford . West struggling without big girl in the middle.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

You can't see it in the record but Waverly is improved this year as well.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

You are correct Panther. We've lost to three very good SOC teams but were fairly competitive against all three. (and all three on the road)

Down by one point mid-way through the forth quarter at Minford before falling by 10. Minford has a nice team. If the kids continue to play hard and improve we'll get some wins.

Oaksince59
Freshman Team

Post by Oaksince59 »

Oaks have another tough one on the road this Monday at The Burg. After a couple of week's into the season, I'd be interested in an updated SOC 2 scouting report. Who's hot? Any significant injuries? Any surprise performers? Any change in power rankings?

buckeyedan
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyedan »

West girls at home Monday versus Minford. I think both schools are 2 hour delays so does anyone think this one gets cancelled? I have yet to seen a girl's game this year. I was planning on making it out to this one with a rare monday off work. Good luck and hope this game get's played

Return to “Girls Basketball”