SEOPS H

Re: Division IV Sectional at Meigs

Post by ManitouDan »

agreed bbjunky .

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

bbjunky81 wrote:If South Webster comes in with only two losses and Waterford comes in with 5 there should be no argument as to who is the 2 seed. Argue "strength of schedule" all you want, but South Webster is the smallest school in a very talented SOC 2 so their schedule is no slouch.. If Waterford gets the 2 over them then all that would tell me is the TVC coaches stuck together and screwed them.

If they have another loss or two, sure, argue it. But as of right now South Webster is (deservedly) the 2.
Is there a big difference in the 2 and 3?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

In the district semi game there will be about a 10-15 point difference in competition IMO and the #2 avoids Eastern Meigs until I think the regional finals while the #3 would face them in the district finals.

There's your difference.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

As for South Webster/Waterford....I think they are incredibly close. 3 loss difference it's hard not to seed SW #2.

I wish with the weather everyone could make up most of their games before the draw but it's about impossible but it would be a truer judgement of how good everyone actually is....but with the current set up it will always be this way across the SE District.

I think of all the potential games between D4 teams....Waterford/SW is most likely to be the best game.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman92 wrote:In the district semi game there will be about a 10-15 point difference in competition IMO and the #2 avoids Eastern Meigs until I think the regional finals while the #3 would face them in the district finals.

There's your difference.
Thanks.

I hadn't looked over the district yet, I was just curious.

Tripleplay
Freshman Team

Post by Tripleplay »

1. Eastern Meigs- 17-1; probably the best team or top 3 in the state of Ohio in Division 4. I think they are the best team in any division in the Southeast District. Lost to Huntington St. Joe in OT but probably should have won that game too.

2. South Webster- 15-2; They are 9-2 in the SOC 2 and are the only Div. 4 school in the conference. Out of conference they are 6-0 with wins over Albany Alexander (by 20+), Greenup County, Eastern Pike, Portsmouth, Clay and Manchester. Lost to Oak Hill 1st game of year by 13 and Valley by 5. Have won 13 straight.

3. Waterford- 11-6; Play a tough out of conference schedule. But are 1-5 in those games with the win over Warren last week. Due to past history though, I list them as 3 seed.

4. Eastern Pike- 12-5 I believe now. Correct me if I'm wrong. They are still undefeated in the SOC 1. They play a competitive non-conference schedule against some Div 3 schools. Struggled lately. Losses I believe are to South Webster, Northwest, Piketon X 2, and Southeastern.

5. Southern- 12-6; Sit at 9-4 in the TVC Hocking right now. Could end up being the #4 seed as well and E.P. the #5. Non-conference wins over Symmes Valley, Meigs, and O.V.C. Improving program.

6. South Gallia- 10-7; Sit at 6-6 in TVC Hocking now. Non-conference wins over Sciotoville, Symmes Valley and OVC.

7. Ironton St. Joe- 12-6; started the season at 9-1 and are 3-5 lately. Not sure of their opponents or quality wins. I could see them as the #6 seed too.

8. Symmes Valley-7-11 was last record listed.

9. Miller at 3-13. Beat Trimble head to head earlier this year.

10. Trimble at 2-15

11. Green at 2-15
Last edited by Tripleplay on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Tripleplay wrote:1. Eastern Meigs- 17-1; probably the best team or top 3 in the state of Ohio in Division 4. I think they are the best team in any division in the Southeast District. Lost to Huntington St. Joe in OT but probably should have won that game too.

2. South Webster- 15-2; They are 9-2 in the SOC 2 and are the only Div. 4 school in the conference. Out of conference they are 6-0 with wins over Albany Alexander (by 20+), Greenup County, Eastern Pike, Portsmouth, Clay and Manchester. Lost to Oak Hill 1st game of year by 13 and Valley by 5. Have won 13 straight.

3. Waterford- 11-6; Play a tough out of conference schedule. But are 1-5 in those games with the win over Warren last week. Due to past history though, I list them as 3 seed.

4. Eastern Pike- 12-5 I believe now. Correct me if I'm wrong. They are still undefeated in the SOC 1. They play a competitive non-conference schedule against some Div 3 schools. Struggled lately. Losses I believe are to South Webster, Northwest, Piketon X 2, and Southeastern.

5. Southern- 12-6; Sit at 9-4 in the TVC Hocking right now. Could end up being the #4 seed as well and E.P. the #5. Non-conference wins over Symmes Valley, Meigs, and O.V.C. Improving program.

6. South Gallia- 10-7; Sit at 6-6 in TVC Hocking now. Non-conference wins over Sciotoville, Symmes Valley and OVC.

7. Ironton St. Joe- 12-6; started the season at 9-1 and are 3-5 lately. Not sure of their opponents or quality wins. I could see them as the #6 seed too.

8. Symmes Valley- 6-9 was last record listed.

10. Trimble at 2-15

11. Green at 2-15
Agree with your seeding order.

South Webster hosts 16-2 Jackson on Monday

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

Who does pike and south Webster play in converence? And does anyone know St. Joes strength of schedule? I think 3-6 can b a toss up! According to TVC website hocking division of the tri valley conference has been quite competitive this year with eastern Waterford Belpre(DIII) south gallia and southern. Eastern has handled everyone In league, Waterford one loss to eastern! south Gallia and southern have only played Belpre once because of snow. Each lost to Belpre by close margins. And southern beat south gallia twice only losses Are to eastern, Waterford, Belpre and 2 or 3 DIII schools. Symmes has improved and has key players back. And Belpre plays south Gaillia today. PRoBably most balanced sectional in years. Should b fun to watch!!

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

Just saw south Gallia beat Belpre

rebelbeliever
Waterboy

Post by rebelbeliever »

Tripleplay wrote:1. Eastern Meigs- 17-1; probably the best team or top 3 in the state of Ohio in Division 4. I think they are the best team in any division in the Southeast District. Lost to Huntington St. Joe in OT but probably should have won that game too.

8. Symmes Valley- 6-9 was last record listed.

10. Trimble at 2-15

11. Green at 2-15
South Gallia just beat a 14-4 now Belpre team by 5 47-42 and they also beat a Gallia Academy squad by 16!

Tripleplay
Freshman Team

Post by Tripleplay »

South Webster plays in the SOC 2. Teams in that conference are Oak Hill, Waverly, Lucasville Valley, Northwest, Portsmouth West, Minford, and Wheelersburg. All these teams are D2 or D3. South Webster is the only D4 school in the SOC 2.

Eastern Pike plays in the SOC 1. Teams in that conference are Symmes Valley, Frankin Furnace Green, New Boston, Portsmouth Clay, Notre Dame, Western Lathum, and Sciotoville East. All the teams in this conference are D4.

South Webster has played some good ball this year. Right now they are 2nd in the SOC 2 behind Oak Hill. Top to bottom this conference is solid. Best I've seen it in years. Northwest is 7th in the SOC 2 right now and just beat Eastern Pike by 2 in a non-conference game. And Eastern Pike is undefeated in the SOC 1.

Five Point
JV Team

Post by Five Point »

Symmes Valley is 7-11.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yeah....South Webster has played many dangerous teams that are pretty good but Eastern Pike schedule is greatly easier.

Tripleplay
Freshman Team

Post by Tripleplay »

teach123 wrote:Who does pike and south Webster play in converence? And does anyone know St. Joes strength of schedule? I think 3-6 can b a toss up! According to TVC website hocking division of the tri valley conference has been quite competitive this year with eastern Waterford Belpre(DIII) south gallia and southern. Eastern has handled everyone In league, Waterford one loss to eastern! south Gallia and southern have only played Belpre once because of snow. Each lost to Belpre by close margins. And southern beat south gallia twice only losses Are to eastern, Waterford, Belpre and 2 or 3 DIII schools. Symmes has improved and has key players back. And Belpre plays south Gaillia today. PRoBably most balanced sectional in years. Should b fun to watch!!
South Webster plays in the SOC 2. Teams in that conference are Oak Hill, Waverly, Lucasville Valley, Northwest, Portsmouth West, Minford, and Wheelersburg. All these teams are D2 or D3. South Webster is the only D4 school in the SOC 2.

Eastern Pike plays in the SOC 1. Teams in that conference are Symmes Valley, Frankin Furnace Green, New Boston, Portsmouth Clay, Notre Dame, Western Lathum, and Sciotoville East. All the teams in this conference are D4.

South Webster has played some good ball this year. Right now they are 2nd in the SOC 2 behind Oak Hill. Top to bottom this conference is solid. Best I've seen it in years. Northwest is 7th in the SOC 2 right now and just beat Eastern Pike by 2 in a non-conference game. And Eastern Pike is undefeated in the SOC 1.

Tripleplay
Freshman Team

Post by Tripleplay »

Anyone with any information on Ironton St. Joe? MaxPreps has them listed for 4 games. 2 with New Boston, and the other two against Portsmouth and Charleston Catholic out of Charleston W.V. Other than that, i can't find any information on their schedule.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Not sure of the entire schedule for ISJ but I know they have played Manchester(2x), Raceland, Notre Dame(2x), East(2x), Green, Whiteoak, Coal Grove, South Point and Ports West as well as the teams you mentioned

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Tripleplay wrote:Anyone with any information on Ironton St. Joe? MaxPreps has them listed for 4 games. 2 with New Boston, and the other two against Portsmouth and Charleston Catholic out of Charleston W.V. Other than that, i can't find any information on their schedule.
Manchester 10-7 has defeated them twice by a few points.

They played 1-15 Whiteoak in Ironton and beat them by about 12

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

This seeding meeting will be awesome I bet.

Green vs Southern
Trimble vs Symmes Valley
ISJ vs Miller

Then

Eastern vs ISJ
Waterford vs Symmes Valley
South Webster vs South Gallia
Eastern Pike vs Southern
Last edited by Ironman92 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sportsfan
JV Team

Post by sportsfan »

St. Joseph is 13-6. They have been beaten by South Point (15-3) by 7, Charleston Catholic (9-3), Manchester (10-7) twice by 5 & 3. They had 2 bad losses to Western (1-20 1st Qu. still had lead with min. to play), and Portsmouth ( Peighton Williams had monster night). Good wins include Notre Dame twice, Coal Grove, Raceland, KY.
St. Joseph improved schedule this season, dropping 4 teams that they went 6-0 against last year and picked up better, more athletic teams which hurt their overall record, but has challenged them more.
They are not in top 3 in the sectional, but could beat any of the others if they play well.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

SportsFan wrote:St. Joseph is 13-6. They have been beaten by South Point (15-3) by 7, Charleston Catholic (9-3), Manchester (10-7) twice by 5 & 3. They had 2 bad losses to Western (1-20 1st Qu. still had lead with min. to play), and Portsmouth ( Peighton Williams had monster night). Good wins include Notre Dame twice, Coal Grove, Raceland, KY.
St. Joseph improved schedule this season, dropping 4 teams that they went 6-0 against last year and picked up better, more athletic teams which hurt their overall record, but has challenged them more.
They are not in top 3 in the sectional, but could beat any of the others if they play well.
They beat ND twice but lost to Manchester twice? ND will probably get the #4 and Manchester probably the #6

Did ISJ play Whiteoak last season? Were they one of the more athletic additions to your schedule?

Return to “Girls Basketball”