SEOPS HOF

Re: Athens AT Jackson 2/8

Post by Raider6309 »

Hopefully see the re-match district final again

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Congrats Ironladies ... and congrats Ironman02 ... you don't have to listen to me whine about my dinner anymore ... :-)

.... looking forward to the rematch - lets hope both teams get there.

Sportslover
Waterboy

Post by Sportslover »

Jackson is the real deal. The are big, strong, and can shoot the three. I watched this game today and was amazed that Athens stayed as close as they did. Athens has the best player but Jackson had the best team. Is there any chance either one of these teams can be upset before a possible re-match? Was a great game-two good teams.

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

the kid wrote:Jackson is the real deal. The are big, strong, and can shoot the three. I watched this game today and was amazed that Athens stayed as close as they did. Athens has the best player but Jackson had the best team. Is there any chance either one of these teams can be upset before a possible re-match? Was a great game-two good teams.

Athens will never make it to the rematch! No way they get past the Warriors! Warren has this team figured out, and don't be surprised when it becomes a laugher!

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

From the football forum we got this news flash a week or so ago.
RAIDER6309 wrote:^Jackson sucks at all other sports tho
...cross girls basketball off the "we suck at all sports" list....

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

TheBarlowBandit wrote:Athens will never make it to the rematch! No way they get past the Warriors! Warren has this team figured out, and don't be surprised when it becomes a laugher!
Well, I sure hope Athens can stay in that game if/when they play Warren ... maybe if they stay in the game they can give themselves a chance to pull off the upset in the end.

:-)

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

Miami Trace may throw a kink into the rematch but I look for a rematch to happen. Will this game be played at the convo?

Looming in the regionals for either team is a monster but getting there would be a very good accomplishment.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

doubleplay643 wrote:From the football forum we got this news flash a week or so ago.
how's the football team doing? Might want to recruit some wellston kids again. Your ppl's words that Athens is overrated and suck. If Athens sucks and could put 100 up on Jackson football, what's that make Jackson?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

RAIDER6309 wrote:
doubleplay643 wrote:From the football forum we got this news flash a week or so ago.
how's the football team doing? Might want to recruit some wellston kids again. Your ppl's words that Athens is overrated and suck. If Athens sucks and could put 100 up on Jackson football, what's that make Jackson?

No....you brought it out of nowhere and threw it on here ridiculously like a child. You were wrong so just admit it was juvenile of you to put it on there.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

TheBarlowBandit wrote:
the kid wrote:Jackson is the real deal. The are big, strong, and can shoot the three. I watched this game today and was amazed that Athens stayed as close as they did. Athens has the best player but Jackson had the best team. Is there any chance either one of these teams can be upset before a possible re-match? Was a great game-two good teams.

Athens will never make it to the rematch! No way they get past the Warriors! Warren has this team figured out, and don't be surprised when it becomes a laugher!
u must be on some good drugs. Athens and Jackson are the class of d2 in SEO. This was a learning game for Athens. I was surprised Jackson could hit the three ball that well

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens has been good, especially lately - and Jackson has always had a great sports program ... and my dad can beat up Ironman02's dad ... lol

who cares ... hopefully one of these two teams can knock off West Holmes and make it to Columbus.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

^hopefully someone knocks them off. That synder girl is a man. 6'2 guard and strong

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

A re-match would be awesome, but gotta play every game and take every team serious when it gets to the one and done season. Was extremely impressed with the Dosek (Dosiek, spelling?) girl. Put up 30 and you would have never thought it, distributed the ball well and managed the offensive end of the court like a senior. Aggressive on defensive when she had to be, and all around great player.

In a couple week we will see if we get the benefit of watching another game or not...I hope so.

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

RAIDER6309 wrote:
TheBarlowBandit wrote:

u must be on some good drugs. Athens and Jackson are the class of d2 in SEO. This was a learning game for Athens. I was surprised Jackson could hit the three ball that well
You must not have seen many Warren games! Their win at Marietta was huge and made me believe in Coach Colegrove and staff on their ability to make adjustments. Athens has one decent player and is no match for Warren's athleticism!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Correct me if I'm wrong - but didn't Athens just beat Warren ... in Warren?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The comment "Athens only has one decent player" is simply ridiculous and shows you haven't any respect for the Athens team. Doseck is likely going to be 1st team all-state. She is not decent....she's one of the finest players around.

They just beat you at your place.....not sure what athleticism Warren has to give Athens no chance????

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

Warren had to play without one of their best players and would have won easily if they made some free throws. Doseck couldn't get a shot off against the Warriors as Smothered her! Will definitely be a different result next time.

swohio
Waterboy

Post by swohio »

Just curious Bandit on what adjustments coach Colegrove made against Marietta? Her team was ahead 19-7 at the end of the 1st quarter and then got outscored in quarters 2, 3 + 4! I don't know but it seems to me maybe they weren't as good of adjustments as you thought. I agree with you about it being a huge win. Any time you can get your record to .500 it's definitely huge.
And as 93Dog pointed out your team has already lost once this season to that Athens team that only has one decent player but you're probably right in saying if they play again it will be a laugher. Just not for your team.

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

The_Busdriver wrote:Just curious Bandit on what adjustments coach Colegrove made against Marietta? Her team was ahead 19-7 at the end of the 1st quarter and then got outscored in quarters 2, 3 + 4! I don't know but it seems to me maybe they weren't as good of adjustments as you thought. I agree with you about it being a huge win. Any time you can get your record to .500 it's definitely huge.
And as 93Dog pointed out your team has already lost once this season to that Athens team that only has one decent player but you're probably right in saying if they play again it will be a laugher. Just not for your team.
Wow, how slow are you? 1st time Warren and Marietta played, Marietta beat Warren by 10 at Warren, so not sure what your standards are, but that was a big bounce back and big adjustments made by Coach Colegrove and staff. Mixing up defensive assignments and attacking Marietta in a different manner than the 1st game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I imagine the coaches at Athens are loving your posts, while Warren coaches are probably wishing you weren't putting their locker room bulletin board together for them.

Return to “Girls Basketball”