Division II Districts at Southeastern

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Division II Districts at Southeastern

Post by 93Bulldog »

Our ad, for the Athens/Miami Trace game, on the trivalleyconference.com facebook page ... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

Finally game day. yesssss

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Jackson 59 - Sheridan 46 - Final

Ironladies head to the District Finals!

Madison Ridout had 28 tonight for Jackson.

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

Half
Athens 17
Miami Trace 9

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Nice game by the Ironladies and they get to move on to the district finals. Madison Ridout just tore it up on the floor and the stat sheet. She had 28 points, 10 reb, several steals and a fair share of assists. Poe finished with 12, Hoover had 7, Wills 6, Jenkins 3, Speakman 3.

Big crowd for Jackson....I love to hear the loud cheering but the shrill screaming on almost every call that didn't go our way was a bit much. I thought the refs were even and the one guy that I didn't think was great helped Jackson more than he hurt. The girl did a nice job.

Movin on!

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

end of 9rd
Athens 23
Miami Trace 18

swohio
Waterboy

Post by swohio »

Athens wins 34-23!
Last edited by swohio on Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens 34
Miami Trace 23
final

now rematch. Athens vs Jackson

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

Final
Athens 34
Miami Trace 23

it was a 5-point game the whole 2nd half. MT had plenty of chances to tie or get within 1 but couldn't convert. Athens hit all their FT's down the stretch to make it an 11-pt margin at the end.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Why MT was choosing to foul Ridout instead of someone else baffled me.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

mhs95_06 wrote:Why MT was choosing to foul Ridout instead of someone else baffled me.
We like to call her Doseck here in Athens - but both fine players ... :mrgreen:

And I agree with your post, BTW ... I would have at least tried to deny her the ball.

Sportslover
Waterboy

Post by Sportslover »

Miami Trace's kids were exhausted at the end of the game and by that time it was over anyway. It is a good thing she made those foul shots. Trace held her to 11 points. She is a nice player but is the fourth best player Trace has faced this year alone. Baldwin shut her down. If Trace could score the ball they would be playing Jackson next week. They can't so Athens moves on. Dom is a nice player but Big Ten best look elsewhere, she will go D1 but her size limits her.Nice player though! Wish these teams the best of luck moving forward. Was fun to watch!

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

93Bulldog wrote:
mhs95_06 wrote:Why MT was choosing to foul Ridout instead of someone else baffled me.
We like to call her Doseck here in Athens - but both fine players ... :mrgreen:

And I agree with your post, BTW ... I would have at least tried to deny her the ball.
Brain cramp! It wasn't like they would rather foul someone other than Doseck, but that they were targeting her. Put her at the line for all 3 one and bonus situations.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

the kid wrote:Miami Trace's kids were exhausted at the end of the game and by that time it was over anyway. It is a good thing she made those foul shots. Trace held her to 11 points. She is a nice player but is the fourth best player Trace has faced this year alone. Baldwin shut her down. If Trace could score the ball they would be playing Jackson next week. They can't so Athens moves on. Dom is a nice player but Big Ten best look elsewhere, she will go D1 but her size limits her.Nice player though! Wish these teams the best of luck moving forward. Was fun to watch!

"held her to 11 points" yet the kid scored 18, not sure where you learned math, but.....

Sportslover
Waterboy

Post by Sportslover »

She had 11 before she made the foul shots! She scored 11 points in 30 minutes. For the record guys she missed three of four foul shots last night as well. Give her credit, she made them late but had missed foul shots earlier in the game.

Softball 7
Riding the Bench

Post by Softball 7 »

Miami Trace did not shut Doseck down. She had numerous wide open looks without anyone near her that she normally makes. She even missed free throws, which was not the norm. If she shoots as well as she usually does then this game would not have been close. She still played an outstanding game with huge defensive plays and great floor leadership. After watching Athens play several times this year, I have grown to respect the way they play the game.
The Ridout girl from Jackson also did a great job of taking advantage of mismatches and timely situations. Should be a great final. Congrats to all team son fine seasons.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

the kid wrote:She had 11 before she made the foul shots! She scored 11 points in 30 minutes. For the record guys she missed three of four foul shots last night as well. Give her credit, she made them late but had missed foul shots earlier in the game.
Doseck was 11-0f-15 from the line ... yea, that's terrible for a high school junior.

She scored 18 points, which means she darn near outscored the entire Miami Trace team! Miami Trace 23, Doseck 18

The game was an absolute SLUGFEST with no fouls called what-so-ever, neither team had a chance to get any offensive rhythm. Sometimes 'the game' dictates how a player plays (and looks) and last night was a perfect example of that. I have seen the Burdette girl in the past get into some knock down, drag out fights, with Waterford and only end up 12 or 14 points. Does that mean she is not a D1 player? Don't EVER judge a players talent on one game alone - that is just stupid.

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

93Bulldog wrote:
the kid wrote:She had 11 before she made the foul shots! She scored 11 points in 30 minutes. For the record guys she missed three of four foul shots last night as well. Give her credit, she made them late but had missed foul shots earlier in the game.
Doseck was 11-0f-15 from the line ... yea, that's terrible for a high school junior.

She scored 18 points, which means she darn near outscored the entire Miami Trace team! Miami Trace 23, Doseck 18

The game was an absolute SLUGFEST with no fouls called what-so-ever, neither team had a chance to get any offensive rhythm. Sometimes 'the game' dictates how a player plays (and looks) and last night was a perfect example of that. I have seen the Burdette girl in the past get into some knock down, drag out fights, with Waterford and only end up 12 or 14 points. Does that mean she is not a D1 player? Don't EVER judge a players talent on one game alone - that is just stupid.
93, I don't think it was a "slugfest", it was just a physical game. it wasn't much different from some of the games in our league (SCOL) especially when we play Clinton-Massie and McClain. maybe they call the games a lot closer down your way, not that either way is better but I like when the refs let the players play as long as nobody is getting hammered and there is no call because then games can get out of control. as long as the refs are consistent on both ends of the court, which they were, I'm fine with it.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Oh, don't get me wrong - I enjoyed the game actually. Less whistles, more play is all good in my book. But there is some substance to the fact the game was only 34-23. Both teams are good defensively, but come on, 34-23?

You know its a physical game when Cobb TRIED to get the refs to call a foul late in the contest. If you're trying to foul, and wanting the ref to call a foul - and he still doesn't - that probably means they are letting a LOT go on.

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

yeah I saw that and the refs should've known Trace was trying to foul to stop the clock and blew the whistle a little quicker. I didn't see anything that wasn't called that caused missed shots. you talk about the low score, you should've seen the MT-McClain game that was 24-18...talk about 2 teams playing aggressive, physical defense. I think the low score was due to how hard both teams had to work on offense just to get shots and everybody on both side being tired. you could see that all the shots were coming up short, especially in the 4th qtr because everyone's legs were gone.

Return to “Girls Basketball”