Coaching openings

bbcoach19
Riding the Bench

Coaching openings

Post by bbcoach19 »

Anyone know of any openings or possible openings?

goinbroke
Riding the Bench

Re: Coaching openings

Post by goinbroke »

Alexander.

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

Good job, they went to the District Final this year I believe. Richardson girl will be a sophmore and her sister coming up in another year can flat out play.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Reedsville Eastern

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

G.W.A. wrote:Reedsville Eastern
Coach Burdette has made remarks that he wants to continue coaching and keep building the program.

Cuzin Eddie
Waterboy

Post by Cuzin Eddie »

logan

whiteoak

bishop Hartley

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

93Bulldog wrote:
G.W.A. wrote:Reedsville Eastern
Coach Burdette has made remarks that he wants to continue coaching and keep building the program.
Huge shoes to fill if he leaves.

SvGirl07
Waterboy

Post by SvGirl07 »

why would the school not take him back if he wants to continue coaching. He has one of the best resumes in the state the last 4 years.

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

GoinBroke wrote:Alexander.
Who will be taking this job with Hinton going back to Amanda Clear Creek to coach football. Will Doseck take the job and move his daughter in there for her senior year. Will the Athens coach stay if Doseck moves on? May be more than one job open.

goinbroke
Riding the Bench

Post by goinbroke »

Green Beagle wrote:
GoinBroke wrote:Alexander.
Who will be taking this job with Hinton going back to Amanda Clear Creek to coach football. Will Doseck take the job and move his daughter in there for her senior year. Will the Athens coach stay if Doseck moves on? May be more than one job open.
I doubt that Doseck would be willing to change schools just for one year even with the issues at Athens. They have a very good team returning even with the senior losses. Quality players and familiarity with the system probably would trump a possible Alexander move. However, I am hearing some rumblings of a coulple very nice players transferring to Alexander. Add that to what Alexander already has returning from the District Runner-up team, and this team becomes more than just relevant.

ckbetz
Waterboy

Post by ckbetz »

Seems like more and more good coaches are sticking with the travel teams.

goinbroke
Riding the Bench

Post by goinbroke »

ckbetz wrote:Seems like more and more good coaches are sticking with the travel teams.
Kids that pay to play and dedicate themselves to travel for weekly practice and tournaments while giving up several of their weekends and summer vacations, as a rule are more dedicated. They aren't as bad for whining about putting in the work necessary to increase their playing time.

ckbetz
Waterboy

Post by ckbetz »

GoinBroke wrote:
ckbetz wrote:Seems like more and more good coaches are sticking with the travel teams.
Kids that pay to play and dedicate themselves to travel for weekly practice and tournaments while giving up several of their weekends and summer vacations, as a rule are more dedicated. They aren't as bad for whining about putting in the work necessary to increase their playing time.
I agree 100%.

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

Why would Doseck leave Athens? That would baffle e, Horsely has done great job there.

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

As a man with experience, and alot of friends who coach in summer, you still have issues with Travel teams. When you coach travel ball in any sport, you recruit the parents too. Seen a lot coaches, and I have done it to, not taking a kid due to the parents in the stands. Lol.. But it s easier having 8-10 kids who want to play not just socialize.

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

Wouldn't Doseck have to sit out half a season if she transfers? Why would she want to leave her senior year? Are there issues at Athens?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

teach123 wrote:Wouldn't Doseck have to sit out half a season if she transfers? Why would she want to leave her senior year? Are there issues at Athens?
I have never heard of any issues at Athens - the girls basketball program is one of the best programs we have at the school.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I think Doseck lives in the Alexander district so she would have to sit out, but don't count on her leaving Athens.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Was told today there are several applicants for the Trimble job. Of course two of those may be the same person. Supposedly some person named Koondogger, and another named Shoeshine, both from Logan. Seems somewhat fishy to me. :mrgreen:

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

Who's the candidates at Alexander?

Return to “Girls Basketball”