3/5 #1 McClain vs. #2 Wheelersburg

4thgoal
SEOPS

3/5 #1 McClain vs. #2 Wheelersburg

Post by 4thgoal »

What are everyone's thoughts on this one? Both teams are playing very well and this should be a great game.

sinjinian
Freshman Team

Re: 3/5 #1 McClain vs. #2 Wheelersburg

Post by sinjinian »

I think McClain has too many weapons and their defense is incredible. Should be a good game but I think McClain comes out on top.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Watched both teams last week at Waverly and I'd favor McClain over Wheelersburg. Should be a good game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I'll take McClain by 7

Jay Bruce
Freshman Team

Post by Jay Bruce »

Wheelersburg is playing the best basketball they've been playing all season right now and are on a roll. Lady Pirates by 6.

buckeyedan
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyedan »

Talking to one of McClain's coaches Saturday they seem pretty sure this a perfect match-up for them. They seemed to think they have a great shot at making it to state. I certainly think being D3 allows them to have a great shot at it. Back to this game, will Wheelersburg handle the pressure better than Southeastern did?

It will all come down to that. Surprised to hear somebody actually thinks Burg is winning. Talked to a lot of the coaches still alive in the D3 that aren't playing in this game and every one of them said McClain big. I'll trust their prediction.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I think Burg has the ball handlers to be able to handle the pressure. It will come down to being able to execute once they get the ball down the court.
McClain was only 4 girls away from being D2, so they were lucky to slide under the cutoff. They will likely bump back up to D2 next year.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Not sure when this one will be played if we get the 6"-10" snowfall by tomorrow afternoon. Would have to be sometime Saturday, not likely get three games in on a Friday night.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

I'll go out on a limb on this one. I've seen both teams play. No way McClain wins big. Burg is very good, athletic and well coached. I look for this game to go down to the wire.

It will be interesting to see how McClain handles the pressure of a district final game and if they can maintain their composure. They had a couple of near meltdowns in the Southeastern game. Hopefully that's been taken care of. Should be a dandy of a game.

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

I have said all along I thought McLain was the Team to beat beat in this district and will stick to that. Good luck to both teams, should be a great atmosphere.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

toast wrote:I'll go out on a limb on this one. I've seen both teams play. No way McClain wins big. Burg is very good, athletic and well coached. I look for this game to go down to the wire.

It will be interesting to see how McClain handles the pressure of a district final game and if they can maintain their composure. They had a couple of near meltdowns in the Southeastern game. Hopefully that's been taken care of. Should be a dandy of a game.
Didn't they win the district final game last year?

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Ironman92 wrote:
toast wrote:I'll go out on a limb on this one. I've seen both teams play. No way McClain wins big. Burg is very good, athletic and well coached. I look for this game to go down to the wire.

Didn't they win the district final game last year?

I really don't know. Maybe someone else can answer that question.

I think this is going to be a great game. I sure don't think it will get played tonight. But I could be wrong.

sinjinian
Freshman Team

Post by sinjinian »

Yes, McClain is the defending district champ. I watched them beat Southeastern and I guess I missed the couple near meltdowns mentioned above.

outsider
Freshman Team

Post by outsider »

should be a good game either way.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Game is now Saturday at 1:00p.m.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Burg pressure and their ability to make some 3's will play big part in game. Bench players and ability to play 7 helps a lot. Pirates need to stay out of foul trouble.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

samuelk wrote:Yes, McClain is the defending district champ. I watched them beat Southeastern and I guess I missed the couple near meltdowns mentioned above.
I didn't go, so I didn't want to comment...but, hard to see a game where it was never close having meltdowns within. Thanks for confirming.

fulltilt
Waterboy

Post by fulltilt »

Don't count the Burg out of this. They will be a lot more physical and have played a rougher schedule than McClain. BTW the only meltdown was southeastern. LOL

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Looking forward to announcing this one.

Happy Gilmore
Varsity

Post by Happy Gilmore »

This game will be on 107.5 WZZZ here in Portsmouth, if'n y'all wanna tune in... :)

(and, we'll be streaming it from www.wnxtradio.com (click on "Listen Live"), or on the Tune-In Radio app (search for WNXT for the stream)..... you know, for your listening pleasure.. :D )

Return to “Girls Basketball”