Eastern (22-4) vs Newark Catholic (24-2) - March 9th

Super trooper
All State

Eastern (22-4) vs Newark Catholic (24-2) - March 9th

Post by Super trooper »

I think Eastern has a real shot at winning this and getting to the state tournament. Thoughts?

fortdawg
All Conference

Re: Eastern vs Newark Catholic

Post by fortdawg »

I'm rooting for you to beat the University of Newark Catholic.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Eastern vs Newark Catholic

Post by 93Bulldog »

Fortdawg wrote:I'm rooting for you to beat the University of Newark Catholic.
Agreed ... in fact, I will drive up to Pickerington just so I can root for them to beat 'the U' in person ...... :mrgreen:

Super trooper
All State

Re: Eastern (22-4) vs Newark Catholic (24-2) - March 9th

Post by Super trooper »

I believe Newark Catholic started 4 Sophomores last night. I think that was the first time they have all met one another

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

You know everyone always says show the proof where private schools have an advantage, well let me throw some statistics and facts at you. Newark Catholic has 105 boys and and 92 girls in grades 9-11. If you take the average, that is 35 boys per grade, and 30 girls per grade. They offer the following boys sports, fall: cross country, golf, and footall. Winter: basketball, wrestling and swimming, however there are only 3 boys swimmers. Spring: baseball, track. In football they have a varsity, jv and freshmen schedule. They have 12 runners in cross country, in golf there are 12 members. Basketball they play a varsity, jv and freshmen schedule and there are 12 wrestlers. They have 27 track members and they play varsity, jv and freshmen baseball! With only 140 boys!

Girls are the same situation, they offer sports like swimming and diving, and there participation rate is probably in the mid to high 80's!

In contrast, Eastern Meigs, 87 boys 9-11, and 102 girls. They offer the following boys sports, baseball, basketball, cross country, football, golf and track. They dont play a freshmen football schedule, or have nearly the participation rate that Newark Catholic does.

Here is the skinny, Newark Catholic should be playing in basketball a minimum of D III, they block enrollment by charging tuition. Yes, they will take anyone with money, but not everyone has that money! This is what irritates me the most, especially in southeast ohio. The poorest part of the state expecting to compete with those that not only have more, but then are able to block even a bigger percentage by charging and still patting themselves on the back for winning!

supermama
Freshman Team

Post by supermama »

eagles73 wrote:You know everyone always says show the proof where private schools have an advantage, well let me throw some statistics and facts at you. Newark Catholic has 105 boys and and 92 girls in grades 9-11. If you take the average, that is 35 boys per grade, and 30 girls per grade. They offer the following boys sports, fall: cross country, golf, and footall. Winter: basketball, wrestling and swimming, however there are only 3 boys swimmers. Spring: baseball, track. In football they have a varsity, jv and freshmen schedule. They have 12 runners in cross country, in golf there are 12 members. Basketball they play a varsity, jv and freshmen schedule and there are 12 wrestlers. They have 27 track members and they play varsity, jv and freshmen baseball! With only 140 boys!

Girls are the same situation, they offer sports like swimming and diving, and there participation rate is probably in the mid to high 80's!

In contrast, Eastern Meigs, 87 boys 9-11, and 102 girls. They offer the following boys sports, baseball, basketball, cross country, football, golf and track. They dont play a freshmen football schedule, or have nearly the participation rate that Newark Catholic does.

Here is the skinny, Newark Catholic should be playing in basketball a minimum of D III, they block enrollment by charging tuition. Yes, they will take anyone with money, but not everyone has that money! This is what irritates me the most, especially in southeast ohio. The poorest part of the state expecting to compete with those that not only have more, but then are able to block even a bigger percentage by charging and still patting themselves on the back for winning!
Let me rephrase, please. Well said 73 and as an added note; it is especially amazing that such wonderful athletes come out of NC year after year after year after year after year. But I am sure there is no recruiting going on. :mrgreen:

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Waterford showed that NC is very beatable, and Coaching could play a very big part of the outcome of this game.
Best of luck to Eastern.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

With Waterford almost beating them, I would think that would give Eastern a little confidence boost

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

The game can be heard live on Retro 92.1 FM and online at www wyvk.com.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

All this Newark Catholic talk and yet not one mention of all of the student/Athletes that have transferred out of the school. Amazing.

:lol:

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Good luck Eastern take down the private school and win for the small public schools that do with what they have.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Game day!!!! One step away ladies. Lets Go Eagles!!!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:All this Newark Catholic talk and yet not one mention of all of the student/Athletes that have transferred out of the school. Amazing.

:lol:
Even if you took the 'catholic' part out of the school name - the differences between Newark Ohio and Reedsville/Tuppers Plains is drastic ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

BTW ... GOOD LUCK LADY EAGLES!

supermama
Freshman Team

Post by supermama »

Let's go Eagles! Play your game and bring home the win! #ittakesateam #solid7

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

Good luck Coach Burdette and the Lady Eagles!!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Let's go Green

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

8-8 with a little over three left in the first.

Eastern five turnovers.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

All Eastern after one,16-8.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

24-10 Eastern has it all going their way.

2nd quarter.

Return to “Girls Basketball”