Re: Division II sectional - Meigs

Post by Ironman92 »

Sounds good.

I'll say the Meigs sectional gets at least 3 in the dist finals

hiabuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by hiabuckeye »

Hope SEOAL has 2. Will you be at Warren next Saturday?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

hiabuckeye wrote:Hope SEOAL has 2. Will you be at Warren next Saturday?
I might....but also would hate to. If Jackson can take care of Logan this week then I'll try to make it....but 3 games in the 5 days before traveling to Warren...yikes.

sports_nut
Riding the Bench

Post by sports_nut »

Does this mean Warren & Marietta will play one another as the 4/5 seeds? If so, when will that game be played?

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Is that Jackson at Warren varsity game at 2:30 or 7:30?

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

sports_nut wrote:Does this mean Warren & Marietta will play one another as the 4/5 seeds? If so, when will that game be played?
check www.seodab.org it has the schedule

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

sports_nut wrote:Does this mean Warren & Marietta will play one another as the 4/5 seeds? If so, when will that game be played?
If they do it like they did last year, but at Meigs instead of Alex, it will be 6:15 on Valentines Day.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The complete list ... 1-10 ... http://trivalleyconference.com/Schedules.html

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I was kind of surprised to see Athens get the No. 3 seed ... both Fairfield Union and Athens had fine seasons - but I thought Athens had done enough to garner the No. 2 spot ... I heard it came down to a 'coin-flip'? I would love to know what the motivation was behind all the coaches voting - or better yet - would be great if the coaches votes were made public! Its such an intresting dynamic: why coaches vote for certain teams. Did they not want to play this team or play that team - or was their motivation because they wanted to avoid a certain team if they happen to advance?

if anyone has any insight or knowledge of today's draw and how the seeds came about - please post it.

1. Jackson (18-0)
2. Fairfield Union (17-2)
3. Athens (17-2)
4. Marietta (12-7)
5. Warren (11-7)
6. Sheridan (11-8)
7. Vinton County (11-8)
8. South Point (7-10)
9. Gallia (6-14)
10. new Lex (3-17)

* Didn't Warren just beat Marietta a few days ago?
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

http://content.clearchannel.com/cc-comm ... 927130.pdf

A fax copy of the SE district brackets from WBEX. I was correct on the Marietta-Warren game 2/14.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

93Bulldog wrote:I was kind of surprised to see Athens get the No. 3 seed ... both Fairfield Union and Athens had fine seasons - but I thought Athens had done enough to garner the No. 2 spot ... I heard it came down to a 'coin-flip'? I would love to know what the motivation was behind all the coaches voting - or better yet - would be great if the coaches votes were made public! Its such an intresting dynamic: why coaches vote for certain teams. Did they not want to play this team or play that team - or was their motivation because they wanted to avoid a certain team if they happen to advance?
Could have been Warren and Marietta coaches voting Athens down and FU up because they thought, if their winner was fortunate enough to beat MT, they'd have an easier road to beat FU or LE than Athens. It means that Athens would likely have to beat Jackson to get to the regionals, and is why I thought the 2,4,5 seeds at Meigs would be all better than #3.

hiabuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by hiabuckeye »

Jackson at Warren 730.. Senior Night. Boys play that afternoon. Make up against Belpre I think.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

mhs95_06 wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:I was kind of surprised to see Athens get the No. 3 seed ... both Fairfield Union and Athens had fine seasons - but I thought Athens had done enough to garner the No. 2 spot ... I heard it came down to a 'coin-flip'? I would love to know what the motivation was behind all the coaches voting - or better yet - would be great if the coaches votes were made public! Its such an intresting dynamic: why coaches vote for certain teams. Did they not want to play this team or play that team - or was their motivation because they wanted to avoid a certain team if they happen to advance?
Could have been Warren and Marietta coaches voting Athens down and FU up because they thought, if their winner was fortunate enough to beat MT, they'd have an easier road to beat FU or LE than Athens. It means that Athens would likely have to beat Jackson to get to the regionals, and is why I thought the 2,4,5 seeds at Meigs would be all better than #3.
I recieved a PM from someone saying they had heard VC voted Athens #3? I hate to post that seeing as I was not their and don't have first hand knowledge on the matter ... but man, if that's true - so much for league affiliation being a factor at tournament draw's.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Word is that the coach of the Hamden Hoopsters voted Athens the #3 because it was the easiest route to the Finals, in other words he's calling FU and New Lex out? Is that what you are saying Bulldog 93?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm guessing in this sectional THERE IS NO EASY WAY to the finals ... I personally would have just voted who I thought should be 1-through-10 and left it at that ... the logic sounds reasonable and would possibly keep 'karma' from coming around and biting you in the 'you-know-what'.

Coach Norman Dale: "There's a, um tradition in tournament play- not talk about the next step until you've climbed the one in front of you. I'm sure going to the state finals is beyond your wildest dreams, so let's just keep it right there."

:mrgreen:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Why is anyone surprised? The district let's it happen. League affiliation only matters when you have the most members.

pitt87fan
Freshman Team

Post by pitt87fan »

93Bulldog wrote:I'm guessing in this sectional THERE IS NO EASY WAY to the finals ... I personally would have just voted who I thought should be 1-through-10 and left it at that ... the logic sounds reasonable and would possibly keep 'karma' from coming around and biting you in the 'you-know-what'.

Coach Norman Dale: "There's a, um tradition in tournament play- not talk about the next step until you've climbed the one in front of you. I'm sure going to the state finals is beyond your wildest dreams, so let's just keep it right there."

First off are you that upset a 3 instead of a 2?
Does your logic say that Athens is better than Warren or Marietta? Could one of them been 2 or 3?
How many games did your D2 team play against D1/D2 teams in their first 19 games? Then total?
Strength of schedule, quality

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

pitt87fan wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:I'm guessing in this sectional THERE IS NO EASY WAY to the finals ... I personally would have just voted who I thought should be 1-through-10 and left it at that ... the logic sounds reasonable and would possibly keep 'karma' from coming around and biting you in the 'you-know-what'.

First off are you that upset a 3 instead of a 2?
Does your logic say that Athens is better than Warren or Marietta? Could one of them been 2 or 3?
How many games did your D2 team play against D1/D2 teams in their first 19 games? Then total?
Strength of schedule, quality
You are right, but are you talking home or away games. Warren has lost 7 games, 6 of those on the road, can you say HOMER? Look back on Maxpreps, that is not an anomaly, it's just how they roll.

Return to “Girls Basketball”