Eastern at Western 12/17

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Eastern at Western 12/17

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Thoughts on this one? Western coming off an impressive win over West Union. This team is no longer an easy win for the opponent.....

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Re: Eastern at Western 12/17

Post by ManitouDan »

eastern is pretty solid , good measuring stick to see how far Western has came.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

I know they have a really good freshman, carson I believe. Interested to see if Western can continue their inside success against a similarly big team. The Woods girl is going to have to control the boards. If Reader is on, and they cut down their silly to's they should be in this one. The question will be if we can keep up with the Eagles. Western still struggling 6 games in with conditioning.

bluedude62
Varsity

Post by bluedude62 »

Eastern by 15.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Any updates ?

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Eastern won this game, dont know the final. It think by 15. But, this would have been a completely different outcome if Woods would not have gotten into foul trouble. Eastern had no answer for her, and she completely dominated inside when she was in the game. But, she couldnt, and thats the way it goes. I know she had at least 5-6 blocks, and several rebounds, to go with 16 or 17. I will have to give the Eagles credit though, when she went to the bench they made hay in the lane. This Woods girl is a player to watch in the next couple of years. I was very impressed with how she just shut down the lane. Western has to get quality minutes from the other bigs when Woods goes to the bench. But, kudos to Darren King and an excellent coaching job. Really got his team to rally when Woods got into foul trouble.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Sorry I was way off. I left with about 4 minutes to go in this one. The Eagles won 59-33. Got ugly in a hurry when Woods fouled out.

jumparound
Freshman Team

Post by jumparound »

Eastern played without a senior starter, who has started for several years. . . Brittany Mounts. Plus Eastern came out on fire in the third quarter even when Woods was in the game.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

She wasnt in the game long in the third if you were there she picked up #4 early. Not taking anything away from the Eagles. But, its been a while since this Western team has been competitive. And, I hope your not being naive about how she changed the game when she wasnt in foul trouble. Just trying to give the Western Lady Indians some props on how they are playing as of late. Would have been different game if she, and Jackson were able to stay on the floor.....

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

is woods a freshman ? guard ? center ?

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Shes a center ManitouDan, and shes a sophomore. I believe she 6'2 6'3. She still has alot to learn, but she looks better every game. They need to get this girl involved in an AAU team this offseason. I think by next year she will be putting up 25 and 10 easy.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Western will get another shot at Eastern at the Holiday Classic this weekend at Eastern. Should make for an interesting game. I will def be there on Saturday to watch this one.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

enthusiasm is great, but 25 and 10 easy ? not gonna happen. not trying to rain on your parade, or her abilities, but our all state girl at center doesnt average 25 and 10 . and she is soon to be a 1000 point club member .

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Arnzen is a very good player, and she deserves all the accolades she gets. Ive seen her play several times, and she is impressive. But, she doesnt have to score at that clip every night, very well rounded team. She could if she needed to. The woods girl has the potential to do 25 and 10. She will have to keep working, and so far Im impressed of her improvement since last year. You didnt forget that we have had some exceptional lady atheletes out here have you (Walls 1700 +, Helton 2000+, Brandy ?) Ive seen all these ladies play, and Im telling you this girl has the potential. I may be way off, but shes just missing some discipline on a few minor things. It is a lofty goal, but I think she can do it.

Dunn97
Riding the Bench

Post by Dunn97 »

IndianFan4life wrote:Arnzen is a very good player, and she deserves all the accolades she gets. Ive seen her play several times, and she is impressive. But, she doesnt have to score at that clip every night, very well rounded team. She could if she needed to. The woods girl has the potential to do 25 and 10. She will have to keep working, and so far Im impressed of her improvement since last year. You didnt forget that we have had some exceptional lady atheletes out here have you (Walls 1700 +, Helton 2000+, Brandy ?) Ive seen all these ladies play, and Im telling you this girl has the potential. I may be way off, but shes just missing some discipline on a few minor things. It is a lofty goal, but I think she can do it.
Brandy Humphrey (Lightle) 1000+, she tore her ACL and MCL and sat out half the season her Junior year. Also Brandy McDaniel had 1000+ too. Both Brandy's were on the same team. It was great having 2 exceptional players on the same team.

Return to “Girls Basketball”