SOC1 for 2012

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

SOC1 for 2012

Post by ManitouDan »

The league should be much better than the past couple years . Shouldnt be so top heavy , seems to be several teams that have a shot at coming at on top. ND returns several senior starters and a couple juniors that all have played varsity since they were freshman. Led by Jen Arnzen . she will get ya a double-double every time out. very deep team that has 7-8 kids that can play .

Clay returns a good nucleus , got to have ballhandlers and Clay has the best in Shannon Curley. Also several very good JV players from last year will be able to move up and contribute . They have alot of length , several tall players. keep an eye on the left handed girl that played jv last year. fine player. transfer from NB is really speedy .

Eastern returns most of their lineup also. they have 2 good scorers coming back and a very solid coach also. they started off slow last year but improved alot towards the end.

SV gets their leading score back from a season ending injury last year . winter is right around the corner . thoughts or predictions ? MD

80sballer
Waterboy

Re: SOC1 for 2012

Post by 80sballer »

Conference looks alot stronger this year.....I would say Symmes, Clay, Eastern and ND as top 4 but New Boston could have something to say about that. Can't wait to watch the Titans on the new floor this year.

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

ND should win it. Clay will be difficult as usual. Eastern will have early season woes thanks to volleyball. SV could be a challenge on their home floor. I wouldn't count Western out this season. They're returning quite a bit and could really surprise some people I think.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Western has a freshman guard coming up this year who is going to by the time she is done make quite a name for herself. Erin Brewster is her name and she is going to be special. Can't wait to watch her over the next few years.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Who will be coaching East, seen on the baseball forum that their coach was having healthy issues?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

and clay has KATIE REDDEN ! forgot to mention her , got reminded !

tagyourit
Riding the Bench

Post by tagyourit »

did curley stay at clay? i remember some talk about her possibly going somewhere else for soccer reasons.

notre dame's got a great shot to win the soc again. i think eastern, symmes valley and clay will be right there behind them.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

yes

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

after the previews and seeing the teams actually take the court what the opinions ? ND looks strong , should win it . Arnzen is playing very well , supporting cast is strong and deep . Turnovers are down, efficiency is up . And Curley is out for a while longer at Clay , Clay looks fine but still young . Didnt see Eastern , sure they will be competitive . SV might have the players to pull off an upset or two but not deep enough for a league title run .

bluedude62
Varsity

Post by bluedude62 »

Notre dame is definaately the team to beat. Several other scorers besides Arnzen. Don't think Clay can stay with them even with Curley back. Eastern has some size but with them going so deep in the VB season they haven't jelled yet. They do have a freshman named Roney that will add to the team no doubt. SV may play spoiler to someone but didn't see anyone else that could shake things up.

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

ND runs away with it, this isnt a strong league.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I think Eastern is going to be ok there girls have had 2 official practices. They may sneak up on some teams as the year progresses.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

shooter , it really isnt cool to dog the league before the league even starts . The league isnt strong compared to who ? the SOC 2 ? Yeah there are some weak teams but its a conference of the smallest schools in ohio.. its not going to be d-1 or d-2 level ball.

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

Dan wasn't digging the league, yes I know it is the smallest, wasn't comparing, just saying as far as comp goes for ND. Eastern has the ability to compete vs ND, just stating the obvious..it is NDs to lose.

Cuzin Eddie
Waterboy

Post by Cuzin Eddie »

Can you really base predictions on what you saw at the preview?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

yes

Cuzin Eddie
Waterboy

Post by Cuzin Eddie »

I don't agree, I think you will see a much better Eastern team than you saw Friday night. I also don't think you will see the same Symmes Valley team.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Eastern and SV will both improve ( both have solid coach's) , I agree with that, but that wasnt what you ask .. you ask can you make predictions from the previews . To some extent yes , you get a pretty good feel for who has the talent to win the league and who doesnt. How do you see it Cuz ?

Cuzin Eddie
Waterboy

Post by Cuzin Eddie »

I would agree with that. It's clear who the champion could be and also who will be in the basement. Could be a good year in SOC 1.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Let me know when the crappers full .... :)

Return to “Girls Basketball”