Ports. West vs. Fairland

DragonFan
Freshman Team

Re: Ports. West vs. Fairland

Post by DragonFan »

Lady Dragons looked good today! On to the finals!!! A great time to be a Dragon with the boys winning AND the girls winning.
Last edited by DragonFan on Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Great game by both teams 64 to 58 was the final.

ARCH NEMESIS
Waterboy

Post by ARCH NEMESIS »

Congratulations West on a valiant effort against a really good Fairyland team. Really surprised you kept it that close. Must have been a great game to watch. BTW, I typed Fairyland on purpose, in honor of your coach who likes to run the score up on inferior teams. :aaaaa30

DragonFan
Freshman Team

Post by DragonFan »

lol. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt with
the fairyland. And in regards to running the score
up. Can't argue with you on that.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Flyingbuckeye, I agree with you about Fairland posts on here making u look COCKY. Unfortunate for the rest of u. Didnt get to see this but heard West played them tough.Congrats Fairland good luck the rest of the way.

rabidfan
Waterboy

Post by rabidfan »

If a fan gets ejected, do they have to go to Columbus and take some sort of sportsmanship class and pay for it? I thought I read that when a parent got in to a verbal altercation with a score keeper over foul language in a song being played.

FlyingBuckeye3
Riding the Bench

Post by FlyingBuckeye3 »

rabidfan wrote:If a fan gets ejected, do they have to go to Columbus and take some sort of sportsmanship class and pay for it? I thought I read that when a parent got in to a verbal altercation with a score keeper over foul language in a song being played.
That would be news to me if they did, even coaches don't have to go through that sort of "punishment". I'm not 100% sure, but I believe with coaches it's just a two game suspension and fine. I can't imagine it being worse for fans.

DIDO
Freshman Team

Post by DIDO »

Let me guess who that was that got thrown out...

rabidfan
Waterboy

Post by rabidfan »

Jordan admits that he suggested that the two should “take this conversation outside.” He was then tossed from the game by officials and now might face a two-day mandatory training session — at a cost of $100 — from the Ohio High School Athletic Association and a two-game suspension.

This was from a Columbus dispatch story about a parent getting ejected at a DeSales game over an argument about explicit rap music being played in the Gym.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Great job today Ports. West. really made them work for it. Just had a few too many mistakes at inopportune times.

Congrats to Fairland, great shooting again.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

They need to play the I hate rap! song at a game sometime...Sung by the late Curt Hennig and the West Texas rednecks..lol All kidding aside here, was someone actually thrown out because they didn't like the music that was being played? People need to explain exactly what happened before posting only vague details...I assume that's what happened...

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

ohst#1: Was that really necessary?

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

Leaving Minford wrote:ohst#1: Was that really necessary?
What did he or she do??? Explain...

rabidfan
Waterboy

Post by rabidfan »

Slim Jim wrote:They need to play the I hate rap! song at a game sometime...Sung by the late Curt Hennig and the West Texas rednecks..lol All kidding aside here, was someone actually thrown out because they didn't like the music that was being played? People need to explain exactly what happened before posting only vague details...I assume that's what happened...

I can't post links from my phone and didn't feel like typing the whole story. What happened wasn't my point, just wondered if they started something new whe you get ejected. But the rap wasn't edited and the language was foul and parent got upset and the scorekeeper wouldn't turn it off and it lead to an altercation.

Captain Cavalier
Freshman Team

Post by Captain Cavalier »

They play that type of rap music at all Waverly girls games at the new gym.This was probably the same stuff at the old gym in town. It's usually so darn loud you cant hear yourself think.Maybe someone needs to take it up with Waverly's administration?

rabidfan
Waterboy

Post by rabidfan »

It happened at DeSales. Heres a link. Had to get the kids to show me how post the link.
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories ... games.html

Captain Cavalier
Freshman Team

Post by Captain Cavalier »

You need to clarify one more thing...I take it nobody got thrown out at Waverly because of this, you were talking about Columbus all along? Some on here were confused...Thanks!

rabidfan
Waterboy

Post by rabidfan »

Someone was tossed from Waverly. But for obscene gestures to the opposing fans.

Coach Lusk
Waterboy

Post by Coach Lusk »

If a coach is ejected, its a two game suspension, a one hundred dollar fine and they have to complete a sportmanship class.

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

FlyingBuckeye3 wrote:Fairland wins. I don't have a score but heard it was within 10 points.

Nothing like a parent getting on here to defend their child like she's the best player in SE Ohio. It's okay if she was jogging up the floor, maybe she was tired, but you don't need to make excuses. If you're going to represent Fairland, don't make all FHS fans look cocky and overconfident too, speak for yourself.

thanx:) i was speaking for myself and in no way do i want my posts to sound cocky cause theres always someone else out there thats better-please whoever u r come to me at the next game and we can discuss this face to face u obviously know who i am.

Return to “Girls Basketball”