Ports. West vs. Fairland

MightyOaksFan
SE

Re: Ports. West vs. Fairland

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Look forward to watching Leader in this one. She is tenacious.

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

MightyOaksFan wrote:Look forward to watching Leader in this one. She is tenacious.
yes,well we have already scrimmaged them-but im sure they have improved since summer-stapleton is looking forward to sum competition-it helps her to improve her skills on crt:) looking forward to saturday will be a great game as i think all 4 of those games will be good ones:)

Nine20four
Freshman Team

Post by Nine20four »

I've seen both teams play this year and I hate to say Fairland is far superior to West in every facet of the game IMO. Leader is a very good player, but she didn't have a good game when I saw her (almost all of her points came from the foul line). Stapleton, OTOH, will remain unstoppable until she goes up against another player that matches her size or a team with a couple of 6 footers that can double her. She simply eats the 5'8-5'10 post players alive. I will say this, Stapleton takes a long time getting up and down the court. She spends a lot of time jogging to the other end and resting under the basket while Fairland presses and traps. If a team can run with Fairland, beat their press quickly and get down court before she does, they'll give Fairland fits. GO LADY SENATORS! but I see Fairland by 25 or more I'm afraid.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

We will see. That is why they play the game.

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

Nine20four wrote:I've seen both teams play this year and I hate to say Fairland is far superior to West in every facet of the game IMO. Leader is a very good player, but she didn't have a good game when I saw her (almost all of her points came from the foul line). Stapleton, OTOH, will remain unstoppable until she goes up against another player that matches her size or a team with a couple of 6 footers that can double her. She simply eats the 5'8-5'10 post players alive. I will say this, Stapleton takes a long time getting up and down the court. She spends a lot of time jogging to the other end and resting under the basket while Fairland presses and traps. If a team can run with Fairland, beat their press quickly and get down court before she does, they'll give Fairland fits. GO LADY SENATORS! but I see Fairland by 25 or more I'm afraid.
what games r u refering to that stapleton is jogging? i can think of 2 games and in both of those games she was sick. and shes under the basket because thats where the coach wants her when they press sometimes shes at halfcourt-u would have to ask him about that.stapleton is in excellent shape and has beat a many a guard down the floor to block the shot.thank u though for your vote of confidence sounds like your not a fan of ours-but thats k-we luv everyone that enjoys a good game of basketball:)
we are hoping for a good game and i think portsmouth west will give it to us...

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

Let actions speak louder than words!

Mommies shouldn't get on here and defend their kids! Just saying!

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

unclebob wrote:Let actions speak louder than words!

Mommies shouldn't get on here and defend their kids! Just saying!
your right neither should daddys,uncles,aunts,cousins,granparents,siblings,but thanx for your advise - stapletons actions do speak for her-and sometimes people need to be properly informed. but thanx aagin for your concern:) hope u come and cheer us on:)

dream_crusher80
Riding the Bench

Post by dream_crusher80 »

Any score on this one??????

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

game isn't until Saturday

dream_crusher80
Riding the Bench

Thanks. Where and what time?

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Waverly Downtown Arena, Noon

sports87
Riding the Bench

Post by sports87 »

i have watch fairland play and they can get lazy up and down the court i see west pushing the game speed and fairland wouldnt like it. should be a good game and i will take west by a basket or two good luck to both team and come out injury free

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

sports87 wrote:i have watch fairland play and they can get lazy up and down the court i see west pushing the game speed and fairland wouldnt like it. should be a good game and i will take west by a basket or two good luck to both team and come out injury free
bring on everything u have we luv a challenge-just makes us better :)

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

Looking foward to see fairyland for the first time..hope this is a good game

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

ohiostbucks99 wrote:Looking foward to see fairyland for the first time..hope this is a good game
lol---thanx for the support sounds like your from chesapeake-they r the only ones ive ever heard call us fairyland but if fairyland means=winner and being 21-0 then yes we r fairyland!

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

GAME ON!!!!!!!!LETS GO DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!!!

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Good luck today Lady Sentors!

dream_crusher80
Riding the Bench

Hope today is an injury free game and may the best team win. Please keep us updated. Thanks.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Game over yet? Score please.

FlyingBuckeye3
Riding the Bench

Post by FlyingBuckeye3 »

Fairland wins. I don't have a score but heard it was within 10 points.

Nothing like a parent getting on here to defend their child like she's the best player in SE Ohio. It's okay if she was jogging up the floor, maybe she was tired, but you don't need to make excuses. If you're going to represent Fairland, don't make all FHS fans look cocky and overconfident too, speak for yourself.

Return to “Girls Basketball”