Oak Hill vs Zane Trace, District Finals

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Re: Oak Hill vs Zane Trace, District Finals

Post by footballfanatic1 »

OAK WIN....OAKS WIN....OAKS WIN..... NUFF SAID...

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

Zane trace should have gone after Burton. They allowed her to stay on the court. Not once did they toss the ball in the post once Burton got 4 fouls, and try to get her to foul out of the game. Not sure why. It was their best offense. Zane Trace's big girl scored most of her points from the line. Thought Z trace played right into Oak Hill's hands late in the game when they were up 4 points by running through their offense (running clock with out looking to score). Oak Hill is very good getting in the passing lanes, and pressuring the ball. It allowed Oak Hill to take the ball without ZT even getting a shot off. Still, Zane Trace deserves credit...very gutsy performance by their girls.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Agree.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

and another banner goes on the wall.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

pigskinguru wrote:Zane trace should have gone after Burton. They allowed her to stay on the court. Not once did they toss the ball in the post once Burton got 4 fouls, and try to get her to foul out of the game. Not sure why. It was their best offense. Zane Trace's big girl scored most of her points from the line. Thought Z trace played right into Oak Hill's hands late in the game when they were up 4 points by running through their offense (running clock with out looking to score). Oak Hill is very good getting in the passing lanes, and pressuring the ball. It allowed Oak Hill to take the ball without ZT even getting a shot off. Still, Zane Trace deserves credit...very gutsy performance by their girls.
I agree also, they were playing "not to lose" in regulation. With a two point lead with 3 min left they were just running their offense not trying to score, even when Oak Hill went for a steal and missed and they had them 5 on 4. If you don't try to score, that gives the defense no risk for trying to steal, and they will eventually get it. There is no way they were going to hold it for 3 minutes without turning it over, and Oak Hill had fouls to give.

That said about poor strategy by Zane Trace, I think the officiating late favored Oak Hill.

QBear
JV Team

Post by QBear »

I think Zane Trace did everything in their power to win this game. I saw no poor strategy.
They played the tempo that they always play and they got Oak Hill to play that way.
From what I saw, ZT was one made shot late in regulation or one rebound in overtime from winning the district title.
Both teams played hard and somebody has to lose. Let's just leave it at that.
Good Luck to Oak Hill.

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

Last edited by Browns30 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

When you are ranked #1 in your Division you have a big bullseye on your back. Sounds like a great game between two great teams. Every team has a game that they barely win, but in the long run it helps them. It is a shame that either team had to lose, but it is the way it has to be. These Oaks starters have been battle tested before. When a lot of these girls were freshmen, they were playing for a State Title. The road just gets harder the farther you go. The Oaks will be OK. Get ready for the next one and have fun along the way.

To the Zane Trace Girls. You have nothing to hang your heads about. You played hard and if not for a bounce here or there, you would be playing in the next game. Good luck to all the Seniors in whatever you choose to do after High School, and to the Girls returning, get ready for next year and get back to the Convo.

Oakie from Muskogee
Freshman Team

Post by Oakie from Muskogee »

1974Viking wrote:When you are ranked #1 in your Division you have a big bullseye on your back. Sounds like a great game between two great teams. Every team has a game that they barely win, but in the long run it helps them. It is a shame that either team had to lose, but it is the way it has to be. These Oaks starters have been battle tested before. When a lot of these girls were freshmen, they were playing for a State Title. The road just gets harder the farther you go. The Oaks will be OK. Get ready for the next one and have fun along the way.

To the Zane Trace Girls. You have nothing to hang your heads about. You played hard and if not for a bounce here or there, you would be playing in the next game. Good luck to all the Seniors in whatever you choose to do after High School, and to the Girls returning, get ready for next year and get back to the Convo.

You're right on...

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

Browns30 wrote:MOF, someone else that deserves mentioned is Tiffany Hale, she came off the bench to play defense and done a great job! As far as people saying they won't go to state, I don't know but I think they will have to step it up a bit, they looked very flat yesterday. I know Butler was playing on a hurt ankle and didn't come out of the game once!

great post. if i remember correctly, she is the one who chased down the loose ball in the corner to help oak hill keep posession right before taylor hit the three.

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

I believe you are correct.

Return to “Girls Basketball”