Oak Hill vs Zane Trace, District Finals

MightyOaksFan
SE

Oak Hill vs Zane Trace, District Finals

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Game is scheduled for March 5th at 7:00 at the Ohio University Convocation Center. The two teams first tournament meeting since a regional semifinal game in 2004. Zane Trace looks to be athletic and likes to be physical with their guards.

What are your thoughts?

bryanc45
JV Team

Re: Oak Hill vs Zane Trace, District Finals

Post by bryanc45 »

i never seen Z.T play but sounds like they will be a tough team i think it will be a good game and hope we can come home with a win. If we can step up like we did today we should be ok. Good luck lady oaks. Do it again for lakin and janie. Miss you 41.

onthepitch
Freshman Team

Post by onthepitch »

I'll take the Oaks....but I would much rather this game would have remained in Waverly(imo the best basketball facility in the area). Much better atmosphere for high school hoops, the Convo is nice but i will take the fans on the floor and a true high school feel not sitting 15ft above the floor not saying this for girls. Good Luck Oaks.

QBear
JV Team

Post by QBear »

This game will be 3pm on Saturday in Athens.
Zane Trace will play strong on the defensive end as they put good pressure on the ball and they have a good shot blocker inside in case somebody gets beat.
The key for them on Saturday will be on the offense end (shooting/taking care of the ball) and staying out of foul trouble.

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

Did anyone hear why it was changed i just wondered it might be better to have in afternoon anyway. With our drive to athens it won't be so late coming home.

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

onthepitch wrote:I'll take the Oaks....but I would much rather this game would have remained in Waverly(imo the best basketball facility in the area). Much better atmosphere for high school hoops, the Convo is nice but i will take the fans on the floor and a true high school feel not sitting 15ft above the floor not saying this for girls. Good Luck Oaks.
Totally agree with you on both counts of your post. I love watching a game there. It also doesn't hurt that the Oaks have had a lot of success playing there over the years. Awesome court and the people behind the scene making it all possible to enjoy a great game. I am not from there, just my observation watching games there over the years. Well run, very friendly hosts. Great job of the Waverly School System and the people running this. Thank You All.

Good Luck to the Oak Hill Girls. Take one game at a time, and the rest will fall in place for you all. The Seniors on this team are very special girls, well come to think of it, all of the girls are special.

:aaaaa59 :aaaaa59

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

Not to hijack this thread, but in response to the Waverly v. Convo debate...

Bo Arnett and his staff at Waverly HS do an excellent job in hosting tournament games at the downtown gym. There is not a better HS tournament site in SE Ohio. However, since 2009 the Girls of the area have been given a great opportunity to play in one of the best "mid-major" arenas.
Go and listen to any team at tournament time and for most their go it to get to the Convo. Wyane Horsley and his group treat the teams with first class. While the fans may not have the best seat in the house, the players and coaches have been given a special opportunity to play in a wonderful college arena.

I really like the setup now with playing one game at Waverly and then the finals at the Convo.

Ole_Cuzin_Funk
Freshman Team

Post by Ole_Cuzin_Funk »

Waverly is my first pick, but Lancaster is good too. Anything better than basketball thirty

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

The only problem with Waverly is the parking and getting in and out of the parking lot. Socfan is correct though, the kids want the opportunity to play in the Convo.

Oakie from Muskogee
Freshman Team

Post by Oakie from Muskogee »

onthepitch wrote:I'll take the Oaks....but I would much rather this game would have remained in Waverly(imo the best basketball facility in the area). Much better atmosphere for high school hoops, the Convo is nice but i will take the fans on the floor and a true high school feel not sitting 15ft above the floor not saying this for girls. Good Luck Oaks.

Awesome atmosphere in Waverly... and Lancaster for that matter, although facilities are much better in Waverly. Actually think its a disadvantage for Oak Hill playing more at the Convo. considering how we would fill our entire side and sometimes have people sitting on the visitor side as well. We've had both of those gyms very loud, and the girls feed off of that.... and the crowds just aren't a factor at the Convo.

Anyhow... Go Oaks!

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Good luck to the Lady Oaks.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

This was way to far down the list for a district final game for it to just be two days away.

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

Oak Hill should take a pep bus of students. It's nice to see the big student sections that you don't see much anymore, and im sure thats mainly due to gas and ticket prices.

bones
Waterboy

Post by bones »

gotta go with the oaks on this one. Zane Trace is a great defensive team, but I think that the ladies will pull it off. GO LADY OAKS

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Oak Hill by 30

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

It'll be a couple more games before the Lady Oaks are tested, Oak Hill
by 20.

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

Heard there was another injury down in Oak country, if so then this is very sad for all of the girls. They are still a great team but definitely not the same and no game is safe.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

Is this true? It would be sad for the Lady Oaks, but they still have tons of talent.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

They can suit up Chapman, Ridout and Jenkins from Jackson for the rest of the tournament can't they ? No one would know the difference until it's too late. Just ask the teams from northern Ohio.

(just kidding, just kidding) :oops:

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

new slogan for the Lady Oaks:

Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
No injuries gonna slow me down
Oh no, I've got to keep on moving

Return to “Girls Basketball”