Post by KingJames »

Would have to be in the running right?

bistro
Waterboy

Re: Eastern @ Waterford 2/5

Post by bistro »

Waterford 33 of 39 at the line.

All i have on this game...seeya.

Waterford takes the ball to the hole nearly every time down the floor...Eastern fouls the shooter= lots of foul shots for Waterford.

Seems like good coaching job by Waterford to me.

Not a Waterford fan, just the messanger.

rickoshay,
Did u attend this game or listen on the radio?
Seedings are tomorrow for D-IV girls and what is your opinion between them as far as seeding. Both won close at home.
Did Eastern just play to aggressive to give up almost 40 free throws?
Does anybody know how many free throws were attempted by Eastern and what was the %. Just hard to believe they would've fouled that much if it was called both ways because i have seen both teams play twice and both are well coached.

Forgot,
Kudo's to H2O Ford girls, hitting 33 out of 39 free throws. I'll take that every game.

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

KingJames wrote:Burdette player of the year?
don't think coaches will give it to a freshman, though it sounds like she is the best player in the hocking

supermama
Freshman Team

Post by supermama »

Eastern was something like 8-12 at the line, Waterford was 36-42. If anyone has seen these two teams play, then you know that is a little lopsided in the foul count. And yes, Burdette is the BEST player in the hocking. She deserves player of the year no matter what year she is.

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

Waterford 33-of-40 at the FT line. Eastern 8-of-12.

Burdette finished with 37 points.

Willy Cheatem
Riding the Bench

Post by Willy Cheatem »

Just another in a long line of greatly reffed games at Waterford. The reffin was top notch, and had nary a thing ta do with the outcome. I thought them refs did a great job, but might have even missed of few of them fouls by them Eggles. This was a good game to ref, I mean watch. :mrgreen:

cobweb
JV Team

Post by cobweb »

Ms. Burdette - a tremendous basketball player with a sports sense and maturity beyond most high school athletes regardless of age.

Due to the billing, I made the trip to Waterford Saturday as an Eastern supporter but a casual observer of girl's basketball. The difference in the foul calling was obviously the difference in the game. My "Eagle" eyes were disappointed in many of the calls. Both of these teams are great to watch play their game.

Just a little cyphering, indicates to me that Eastern, in competition with Waterford this year, is two points better per game, the difference in the first matchup in the Nest. If the Eagles would have been afforded half the number of FT attempts (20) that Waterford had (40) and shooting at their 67% would have resulted in 5 additional points allowing the Eagles to have been victorious in another two-point game. What if.....

Best of fortune to both teams for the remaining of the season!!
Last edited by cobweb on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

bdubya wrote:Waterford 33-of-40 at the FT line. Eastern 8-of-12.

WOW! I did a better job calling this game than I thought. Maybe thats why there was little something extra in my paycheck for that game.........

playing2win
Waterboy

Post by playing2win »

The scorebook has the foul count at Eastern 8-12, Waterford 36-42.

kooniesback
Waterboy

Post by kooniesback »

Farmer Yoder wrote:
bdubya wrote:Waterford 33-of-40 at the FT line. Eastern 8-of-12.

WOW! I did a better job calling this game than I thought. Maybe thats why there was little something extra in my paycheck for that game.........

Did you call the wahama trimble boys game? Sure seemed like it.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

playing2win wrote:The scorebook has the foul count at Eastern 8-12, Waterford 36-42.
All I'm going to say is "wow".

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

playing2win wrote:The scorebook has the foul count at Eastern 8-12, Waterford 36-42.
WOW Timmy! If Waterford could get those officials for all the tournament games they could maybe win a state title. :shock:

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Re-match "rubber game", if it comes to that, will be Thursday, March 10th at 6:15 pm at Pickerington North High School.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Lots of cow pies flying around this thread!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Well, I was right on the location, just wrong on the game. I had predicted that Willy and Dewey Cheatem, with their partner in crime, Farmer Yoder, would work the FF vs. Waterford boys game Saturday @ H20ford. Guess they went for the matinee appearance with the girls game. Close, but no cigar...... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spiderjon
Freshman Team

Post by Spiderjon »

Waterford takes the ball to the basket very aggressively, causing them to get to the line alot. The problem for Eastern was not the officials it was lack of good defense, constant reaching and not moving to get into good defensive position. Eastern also started to foul very early to stop the clock. Eastern fould at leat 7 times to stop the clock that is 14 extra foul shots. The officials were not from Waterford and did a decent job. Quit blaming the officials and look at what your team did not do to win the game.

On a aside note the Burdette girl was by far the best player on the floor. I was very impressed with her game.

bistro
Waterboy

Post by bistro »

H2O Ford has a good team but sort've embarrassing on your home court out shooting a team on the free throw line 40 or 42 to 12.
AD there needs to use some common sense to see this was a bigger game than usual with the records both teams have. Heard this was almost a packed house , does not look good especially when people are there scouting.
Eastern must be slow and lazy to commit that many fouls and H2O Ford must be that good to not commit as many? Seems funny...
Maybe rickoshay can enlighten us since he's "just the messanger".
Anyways I saw that the E-tern boys play there tomorrow nite so lets see if Howie gets tossed...LOL (the stomp)
Maybe the AD can wise up and schedule at least decent crews from Warren's biddy team leagues...

bistro
Waterboy

Post by bistro »

spiderjon wrote:Waterford takes the ball to the basket very aggressively, causing them to get to the line alot. The problem for Eastern was not the officials it was lack of good defense, constant reaching and not moving to get into good defensive position. Eastern also started to foul very early to stop the clock. Eastern fould at leat 7 times to stop the clock that is 14 extra foul shots. The officials were not from Waterford and did a decent job. Quit blaming the officials and look at what your team did not do to win the game.

On a aside note the Burdette girl was by far the best player on the floor. I was very impressed with her game.
Good post.
So in saying this Eastern did not drive to the bucket and when they did they missed lay ups? Like I've stated earlier seen both teams play and both went to the hole. Hard to believe a team almost shoots 30 more free throws in a big game essentially for the seedings and the TVC Hocking title.
Can anyone on here see when they have seen 40 or more free throws in one game?

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

bistro wrote:
spiderjon wrote:Waterford takes the ball to the basket very aggressively, causing them to get to the line alot. The problem for Eastern was not the officials it was lack of good defense, constant reaching and not moving to get into good defensive position. Eastern also started to foul very early to stop the clock. Eastern fould at leat 7 times to stop the clock that is 14 extra foul shots. The officials were not from Waterford and did a decent job. Quit blaming the officials and look at what your team did not do to win the game.

Good post.
So in saying this Eastern did not drive to the bucket and when they did they missed lay ups? Like I've stated earlier seen both teams play and both went to the hole. Hard to believe a team almost shoots 30 more free throws in a big game essentially for the seedings and the TVC Hocking title.
Can anyone on here see when they have seen 40 or more free throws in one game?

Take off your rose collored glass's,Spiderjon was right on with Easterns problem.
From where I sat, Eastern fans were screaming at the Refs on EVERY SINGLE call made against their team. Could every call been BAD??? :mrgreen: :(

Return to “Girls Basketball”