Fort Frye Girls Basketball

efarns
S

Re: Fort Frye Girls Basketball

Post by efarns »

EDSpy, there was a time when every Fort Frye girls' game was at least this lopsided, so this is not the most dominant Fort Frye team in history. I will agree that this team is dominating better competition than earlier teams.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Even the 00-01-02 teams that went to 3 elite 8s in a row dident win every league game by 30 plus or even come close to that.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Teams in the 80's routinely won by this much and more.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Give it up east, efarns was there.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Not too much, rick, but I was big enough to read the newspaper ;)

No doubt that this is currently the most dominating Lady Cadet team in EDspy's lifetime and may surpass the success of past teams. No matter how good they are, I doubt it does good to hype them too much. If they do everything EDspy says, they'll get all the due he's trying to give them now. They have a chance, but they haven't done it yet. They have a lot of talent and have been working hard.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

30+ wins are over-rated.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Oh and 40 point wins are underrated.The fact they are smashing every team on schedule is cool but it don't mean a lot.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

EasternDspy wrote:Oh and 40 point wins are underrated.The fact they are smashing every team on schedule is cool but it don't mean a lot.
That is correct in my opinion.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Do you think Jackson is a proponent of 30 point wins being important?

Team..................Games..........Opts..........Dpts...........Diff.
Jackson................8.................57.38........38.88..........18.50
Marietta...............7.................52.00.........43.00...........9.00
Logan..................7.................51.00.........38.00..........13.00

Team............................SEOAL.........................All
Logan............................4-0............................7-0
Marietta.........................3-1............................6-1
Jackson..........................2-2............................6-2

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yea but FF has beat every league team by 30plus?That is very impressive.I get that Jackson has the best win differential and the teams ahead of them keep it close and still win.Yes getting the win is most important but dominating like this is amazing.Even better when you start 3 soph and fresh.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

Lets be honest. While this Fort Frye team is one of there better teams in recent years and will no doubt be better in the next few years they play a very weak schedule and that in the end will get them. In recent years when Waterford had good teams they played a very difficult non-conference because like Fort Frye their conference teams are very weak. Would like to see Fort Frye play teams like Alexander has or Oak Hill has and even this year Waterford is going to Pickerington to play a couple of games.
From what I have seen Oak Hill is the class of D3 in the southeast and I haven't seen anyone in the East District that currently is their equal.

So 30+ wins poor teams (really some of you need to get out and see some other teams play) is just that a 30+ win but did it get you ready to move on at the end of the year?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

This group of girls will be fine.They will most likely finish 20-0.They beat Waterford and they have to play Warren.I doubt Oak Hill or Alexander would play FF.Not saying FF is better then those teams just saying what is gained by traveling to Beverly or Oak Hill.I wish FF had Sammy Hanson then they would be deadly.I figure this team could go as far as sweet 16.This group of girls have a real shot at Final 4 before they graduate.

bogo
Riding the Bench

Post by bogo »

Esterndspy Fort Frye does not start a FRESH.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

bogo wrote:Esterndspy Fort Frye does not start a FRESH.

Because Coach usually lets the two Srs. start.
The Fresaman is the first off the bench, and plays most of the game.

Coach Dan also does this with the Boys team (starts seniors) out of respect for time served.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

EasternDspy wrote:This group of girls will be fine.They will most likely finish 20-0.They beat Waterford and they have to play Warren.I doubt Oak Hill or Alexander would play FF.Not saying FF is better then those teams just saying what is gained by traveling to Beverly or Oak Hill.I wish FF had Sammy Hanson then they would be deadly.I figure this team could go as far as sweet 16.This group of girls have a real shot at Final 4 before they graduate.
What would be gained?? Well maybe you find out how good you are, what you need to fix before the tourney. I don't think Coach Hale will dodge anyone, he knows what it takes being there or on the step seemly each year.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Oak Hill travels to Pickerington each year and are going to Huntington this year. They travel all over the state and tri-state in the summer so I really don't think a trip to Beverly is out of the question. That being said, Oak Hill has been there and done that so if you want to step up your schedule then you should try to schedule Oak Hill next year and offer to come to their place. They will be losing a few seniors so what do you have to lose, right? :)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Brooke has atleast started a couple games if not more.Anyway I don't do the schedule but I figure with the success they will get invited to play some other teams.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

It's all well and good to criticize the schedule after it's been made, but those big time matchups don't get made on potential. In other words, this team is making a name for itself now, and if the coaches want, they have a couple of years ramp up the schedule after this group builds its reputation.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Lady Cadets travel to Barlow tonight to take on the Warren Lady Warriors 5-4, 2-2 in SEOAL.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

any word yet

Return to “Girls Basketball”