Waterford vs Harvest Prep- Regional Finals

dimedrop4
All State

Waterford vs Harvest Prep- Regional Finals

Post by dimedrop4 »

Based on the performances I saw tonight, and based on THAT ONLY, I will say Harvest Prep by 17. However, anything is possible, so King and company will need to bring their "A" games for 4 quarters in this game. Good Luck Lady Cats! Thoughts/Predictions?

meow_mix
Waterboy

Re: Waterford vs Harvest Prep- Regional Finals

Post by meow_mix »

Waterford by 5. Too much motivation for the Waterford athletes, student and fans. People have said in recent years that we don't have a chance. Last year was one of those years but something made everyone believe and it was tight the whole game but sadly Africentric came out on top. Harvest Prep is NOT Africentric and I have those same feelings again this year and I think the Waterford faithful does as well. I think Waterford wins in a close one.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Difference in the game:

1.) Which BIG has foul problems the quickest and has to sit (Most important in my eyes)
2.) Turnovers (H2o ford had quite a few unforced turnovers tonight - This CAN'T happen saturday night)

If these two things go in Waterford's favor (THEY WILL WIN)

Note: This is a very young Harvest Prep team, make it show. (The Center #20 and shooting guard #24 are transfers from DI Grove City who didn't have fall sports this year but winter sports were reinstituted and the students had the option to come back but a lot of them who transferred around the city to different schools at the first of the year chose to stay at their new current school).

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

GO LADY CATS

GO TVC

clbbig12
Freshman Team

Post by clbbig12 »

waterford has no idea what they are in for. Prep is a complete team from top to bottom. There is no better coached team in the state. Prep by as many as Coach D wants it to be.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Wait just a min,,,,,, SEOP is like a family we can pick on each other but dont need anyone from the north ( iam just guessing by the way u posted ) stomping on our teams. We do it enough our self but we will also DEFEND them as well.

As far as ur comment goes we will just have to wait an let the chip fall where they may on Saterday evening. I for One IAM BACKING the LADY WILDCATS!!!!

barnyard bobby
Waterboy

Post by barnyard bobby »

I agree with clbbig, success in the TVC- Hocking is not a measuring stick for playing the speed and talent of this yr's HPS Girls squad. They roll easy to the Schott!

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

I hope waterford wins. Preps coach was at liberty union while they were good and bailed when the talent left.

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

Waterford is going to pound Harvest Prep.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

hardrock21 wrote:Waterford is going to pound Harvest Prep.

I think the posts above may have something to do with this uncharacteristic outburst :mad:

Kerinon
Freshman Team

Post by Kerinon »

Just got a text that the game has been pushed back to 7pm start time. Wouldn't want anyone to miss the tip-off! GO CATS!

clbbig12
Freshman Team

Post by clbbig12 »

I dont consider 25 miles south of I70 to be from up north. As for Coach D leaving berne union for prep there was not alot of talent at prep when he got there he built it from the ground up that is just how good he is. But good luck to waterford you honestly will need it.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

25 mile south of 70 is a site further north than most of Us! U stay with Prep an Ill stay with Waterford an then we'll both be rooting for the ones we like an will support at this point in time!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

clbbig wrote:I dont consider 25 miles south of I70 to be from up north. As for Coach D leaving berne union for prep there was not alot of talent at prep when he got there he built it from the ground up that is just how good he is. But good luck to waterford you honestly will need it.

Built it from the ground up? Get real. Influx of girls from Grovetucky as well as Picktown, and the rest of Fairfield county or Franklin County or Pickaway county. Oh brother.........

The comments about Regina should just be pasted onto this thread. I'm surprised Harvest Prep has survived, since Pastor Rod has previously proclaimed that they are in financial ruin and in need of a huge cash infusion. Sounds like time for Pastor Rod to go on a crusade for CASH$$$$$$$$$$$

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Good Luck to the Waterford Girls Team. You have had a super year. Don't stop now, you are almost there. Play like you have all year.The rest will fall into place. My pick for the Hoosiers Award 2010 hands down goes to Waterford. Congrats on either way the game goes

King of Kings
Freshman Team

Post by King of Kings »

FANOSPORTS wrote:Difference in the game:

1.) Which BIG has foul problems the quickest and has to sit (Most important in my eyes)
2.) Turnovers (H2o ford had quite a few unforced turnovers tonight - This CAN'T happen saturday night)

If these two things go in Waterford's favor (THEY WILL WIN)

Note: This is a very young Harvest Prep team, make it show. (The Center #20 and shooting guard #24 are transfers from DI Grove City who didn't have fall sports this year but winter sports were reinstituted and the students had the option to come back but a lot of them who transferred around the city to different schools at the first of the year chose to stay at their new current school).

Exactly why private schools have an advantage over public schools! They have choices public schools do not have! Im pulling for Waterford greatly in this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

King of Kings
Freshman Team

Post by King of Kings »

Steely your absolutely correct. Build it from the ground up. Thats laughable. How about, recruited well and got lucky that some area schools around them are in financial difficulty and cut athletics. GO WILDCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clbbig12
Freshman Team

Post by clbbig12 »

Just wondering what is the record number of points waterford has ever lost by. It could be broken tonight.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

clbbig wrote:I dont consider 25 miles south of I70 to be from up north. As for Coach D leaving berne union for prep there was not alot of talent at prep when he got there he built it from the ground up that is just how good he is. But good luck to waterford you honestly will need it.

Ground-up, Yes, go to Harvest Prep web site.

They accept students from seventy plus high schools in the Columbus area.

And you think there isn't some recuiting going on at the school??????

Boy I hate that big "R" word, But guess its a fact of life in and around the big metro areas....

jumpstop14
Waterboy

Post by jumpstop14 »

Their record won't be broken. You obviously haven't seen this team play. Harvest Prep isn't better than Africentric. Waterford knows what they are up against because they have been here before. Good luck lady Wildcats! Play with a lot of heart!

Return to “Girls Basketball”