Region 3/13 12PM Ironton vs. Oak Hill @ Convo

just_a_fan_24
Waterboy

Re: Region 3/13 12PM Ironton vs. Oak Hill @ Convo

Post by just_a_fan_24 »

tjhtygeverve wrote:OH WHAT A DRIVE BACK TO THE HILLS OF SOUTHERN OHIO... OR ARE YOU JUST STAYING CAMPED OUT FOR THE BOYS TOO? IF I HAD THAT OPPORTUNITY I WOULD STICK AROUND FOR ANOTHER TIGER GAME AND HOPEFULLY A VICTORY...
AS FOR THE OAKS... ENJOY THE RIDE BACK TO THE HILLS OF OAK.... I HEAR THE GRUNTS AND COMPLAINTS ABOUT OFFICIATING ALREADY, AND TIMBER FALLING IN LOVELY SOUTHERN OHIO... BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME OAKS... ROCK ON TIGERS WITH LADY CLASS.....

speaking from a neutral point-of-view, ironton played hard and physical. oak hill missed ALOT of shots, I have never seen them shoot those percentages....BUT, that black-haired ref was terrible there is no denying that. She called just about everything against oak hill. she was no way the deciding factor, oak hill just didn't bring the "A-game." nice game lady tigers and good luck throughout the rest of the tournament.

Apollo
Waterboy

Post by Apollo »

just_a_fan_24 wrote:
tjhtygeverve wrote:OH WHAT A DRIVE BACK TO THE HILLS OF SOUTHERN OHIO... OR ARE YOU JUST STAYING CAMPED OUT FOR THE BOYS TOO? IF I HAD THAT OPPORTUNITY I WOULD STICK AROUND FOR ANOTHER TIGER GAME AND HOPEFULLY A VICTORY...
AS FOR THE OAKS... ENJOY THE RIDE BACK TO THE HILLS OF OAK.... I HEAR THE GRUNTS AND COMPLAINTS ABOUT OFFICIATING ALREADY, AND TIMBER FALLING IN LOVELY SOUTHERN OHIO... BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME OAKS... ROCK ON TIGERS WITH LADY CLASS.....

speaking from a neutral point-of-view, ironton played hard and physical. oak hill missed ALOT of shots, I have never seen them shoot those percentages....BUT, that black-haired ref was terrible there is no denying that. She called just about everything against oak hill. she was no way the deciding factor, oak hill just didn't bring the "A-game." nice game lady tigers and good luck throughout the rest of the tournament.

Totally agree about that ref, but have to say the Tigers game plan worked from the moment the starting five were named. Each player fist bumping all three officials makes them (the officials) feel like part of their team. Good move!
Threes not falling, correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't that mean you should go to your inside players? Where were they? On the bench. Go figure.
This loss falls on a lot of shoulders and I don't mean just the girls. Enough said.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats to the Tigers

sportnut
Riding the Bench

Post by sportnut »

The last game @ Ironton the Oaks screamed that the refs cheated. Now we play @ the Convo, when it comes right down to it OH plays a weak schedule and I-town plays a tuff schedule. OH could not simply handle 21 & 22. In other words, OH plainly got their butts kicked. That ref that you're inferring to, called everything both ways. Facing all facts you were due the loss the first time. If you're 3 shooters couldn't hit anything. You sure didn't want it inside with Nikki NOSLAK Elswick. Tuff defense ladies. The team makes me proud & your team work is one to be reckoned with. Go Lady Tigers. See ya @ the Schotts.

whythehale?
Riding the Bench

Post by whythehale? »

The few Oak Hill posters that sounded as if they were overlooking Ironton. I know it was not all of them. I am from Oak Hill and extremely proud of our girls and how hard they worked and how far they made it. Regional finals is a huge accomplishment that I think the town took for granted. As for the people who do not wish to root for Ironton because they are the team that beat Oak Hill, I do not agree with that. I would love to see a team from our area win the state tournament (if it will not be my Oaks). Good luck Ironton, play hard and enjoy the ride!!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Mark May wrote:
Steely Dan wrote:Mark May - You need to read this........

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=48437

Especially Matt Ashes' post from November 21, 2009, there genius........

See ya. Not nice knowing you.......

Why? I bashed nobody.I just speak the truth.I predicted an Ironton victory.Yes,I said it would be a Brea Tackett buzzer beater,but I did pick the Tigers to win and they did.

MM - My bad. I sent you a PM. I missed JJHale's prior post, even though I looked for it twice (my damned old eyes!!! Geesh). Sorry about that.

Ole_Cuzin_Funk
Freshman Team

Post by Ole_Cuzin_Funk »

I know for fact that A LOT of Oak Hill fans were cheering for Ironton versus Garaway. I was one of them. And I hope I-town wins State. Did Oak Hill fans overlook Ironton, I dont think so. But as a fan, you think no one can beat you. Thats the nice thing about being a fan. Congrats Lady Oaks on an Outstanding season and go getem tigers.

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Congrats to the Ironton ladies. I too think the Oaks didn't over look Ironton, but today you were the better team. The shots didn't fall that usually go in. But that might be because of a great defensive effort by the Ironton ladies. I think the Oaks live and die by the three. I have never seen as many missed shots as I did today by the Oaks. No inside game to speak of. When we did get one started, the player who started the spark was all of a sudden on the bench. The Oaks are a great team as well as the Ironton team. I know the Oaks will be ok. Good Luck to the departing Seniors. You have provided and maintained a lot of pride for your school. Hope you the best in what ever life after school brings you. The underclass girls will get at it and start working hard for a chance to be back here in 2011. I am pulling for Ironton all the way to win it all. Go to the Schott and enjoy every moment of the experience, and show Ohio that Southern Ohio has some great Girls Basketball teams as well. Will be there cheering you all on
Last edited by 1974Viking on Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Still on fire for this team winning!!! SOMEONE PLEASE FILL IN MY BLANK SPOTS!!!!
I know this irontons first trip to the final four since 2005, BUT HAVEthe LADY OAKS BEEN THERE LATELY OR POSSIBLY TOOK IT ALL FOR A STATE TITLE? or has REGINA DOMINATED SINCE THEY CAME ON THE SCENE????
OFF TOPIC: while flipping quickly through posts it appreared the OHILL BOYS did well recently... DID THE OAKS MEN WIN THE STATE? if so, when & who did they beat?
HAVE THE LADY OAKS WON THE STATE? if so, when & against who?
Thx for your help.... IRONTON FOOTBALL HEAD UNAWARE IN ORLANDO, FL!!!!!

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Check the OHSAA website
http://www.ohsaa.org/
Click on SPORTS [mid-upper left] and then the specific one you want on the drop-down menu.
Down in the lower left-hand corner of that page is the HISORY section for that particular sport with all kinds of stats - individual, team, games. etc. You ought to find all answers there.

Blackhawk
Waterboy

Post by Blackhawk »

WOW!!!! The Lady Tigers put their heart and soul in this HUGE win over the Lady Oaks 43-31 and received regional champs and earned a berth in the FINAL FOUR state playoffs at the Schott!!!!!!!!!!!! #22 Tackett and #21 Elswick both had a phenomenal game of defense and offense as they combined for 31 pts. #33 Morris played one of the best games Ive seen her play and #14 Taylor kept pounding away defensively, GREAT JOB LADIES!! #34 Ceaser has played defensively throughout the tournament trying to be strong under the net and #23 Lilly and #10 Potter came off the bench and did just what they were expected of to help the Tigers. Hats off to these ladies and see you at the Schott!!!!!!!! Play today like there is no tomorrow.GO TIGERS

Buckeye84
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye84 »

I said that Oak Hill would have a tough time beating Ironton again. I still think the best team overall lost. The shots just didn't fall for Oak Hill, shots that they normally make and these were the open shots not ones missed due to defensive pressure. Good to see Ironton in the final 4! Hate to see the Oaks go down this way. Those girls were on a mission and that was to be state champs and we all know they are way better than they showed yesterday! Good luck Ironton. Great season Lady Oaks!!

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

It was great to see two outstanding programs led by two fine coaches go toe to toe. Both are excellent defensive teams, but play totally different styles. The Oaks like to pressure full court and really hit you hard with double teams, while the Tigers are a more patient, half court defensive presence with excellent switching and rotation. Both could teach some boys teams a thing or two about how to defend. The difference in the game ultimately boiled down to Ironton's ability to control the paint. I think Oak Hill shot about 31 threes to just 3 for Ironton. With the Oaks unable to consistently connect from long range, the inside game never opened up. It's tough to win at any level if you have to rely too much on jumpshots. I also thought that, other than the frenetic first four minutes of the third quarter, the half court pace of the game greatly favored Ironton. Good luck to our Tigers in Columbus, and congratulations to the Oak Hill girls on another fabulous season.

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

I saw the OH four times this season. it looked like to me that the great coach Dough hale got out coached. All year the girls have pressed and ran with all smaller and weaker teams in the area soring 70-80 points. so when he sees a bigger team who wants to play slow he made no adjustments. this loss goes to doug hale and his staff. The trip to the jeweler was premature.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Solomon wrote:I saw the OH four times this season. it looked like to me that the great coach Dough hale got out coached. All year the girls have pressed and ran with all smaller and weaker teams in the area soring 70-80 points. so when he sees a bigger team who wants to play slow he made no adjustments. this loss goes to doug hale and his staff. The trip to the jeweler was premature.

King Solomon has spoken :122246

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

FOS -

You forgot "The great and powerful" at the beginning of your post! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Girls Basketball”