Regional 3/11 6:15PM Waterford vs. South Webster @ Pickrtn N

mhs95_06
S

Re: Regional 3/11 6:15PM Waterford vs. South Webster @ Pickrtn N

Post by mhs95_06 »

http://www.mariettatimes.com/page/conte ... l?nav=5025

In no way can you say from that game that King is a better player than Cook! When Cook has to create the shots for herself and the rest of the team also, and turns the ball over because when she gets it, 8 of the 10 secs are gone for the half court violation, and she is double teamed, it is not a fair comparison!

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Here is the best way to compare both of them, they BOTH are DIV co PLAYers of the YEAR!!!! An are VERY VERY GOOD PLAYERS, an next year these two young ladies will be playing Division 1 basketball. enough said!!! GOOD LUCK to both of U YOUNG LADIES!!!

greengiant
Waterboy

Post by greengiant »

First off I would like to congradulate Kayla Cook on an amazing career. I have enjoyed watching you, you bring so much energy to the game. I know things didn't end the way you wanted, but you still have Cincy and I hope to come see you play.I wish you luck and hope your college career is just or more successful.

I think it sucks the way the newspaper guy wrote up the story about Cook. That shows no respect at all.

In my opinion you cannot base one game on who is a better player. King and Cook are both great players, but their roles are so different. King is surrounded by a little more talent on her team than Cook. Not bashing SW players, they just don't have the experience. So that leaves Cook with alot more pressure in games. She is such a competive player and I feel she does whatever she can to help her team win. Last night I thought she gave the ball up way too much. I also think SW coach last night just played into Waterford's press. Yeah you get beat a couple times, then your suppose to try something different not the same thing all night that wasn't working. So stupid having all players up front when they had no one long, duh go long. They weren't guarding the in bound pass, know wonder no one could dribble up court there were 10 players all on the same side. Webster could'nt dribble up court for there own players in the way. Can't believe SW coach couldn't see that, alot people in crowd kept hollering for SW players to get down the floor but it never happened. Good season for the Jeeps, don't think many expected you to get that far. Good luck to Waterford!!

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Yeah, I would have to say that's probably one of the most biased articles I've ever read. It almost seems as if the author did all they could to point out every little thing that Cook did wrong, instead of giving her the respect she deserves for her leadership, hard work, and the good performance she put into this game....

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

dimedrop4 wrote:Yeah, I would have to say that's probably one of the most biased articles I've ever read.

You need to read some of the musings from the local sports editor in Athens county concerning the Alexander Girls program, regardless of sport. You would get nauseous. Not taking anything away from SW at all, total respect for your girls and your program, but their are some serious biases out there, period. Not just in the Marietta Times article that you are taking issue with, but it is all over.

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

dimedrop4 wrote:Yeah, I would have to say that's probably one of the most biased articles I've ever read. It almost seems as if the author did all they could to point out every little thing that Cook did wrong, instead of giving her the respect she deserves for her leadership, hard work, and the good performance she put into this game....

Doesn't matter. Cook will get to play for a major college program, will probably be the starting point guard before she graduates, and gets a free education on top of it.

So who will be getting the last laugh!

We're all very proud of you Kayla!!

BASKET12
Waterboy

Post by BASKET12 »

Last Laugh, are you kidding? Grow up!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I am very proud of our Lady Jeeps, and I also believe you cannot compare King and Cook for the above reasons. I have been a strong girls basketball supporter for years and have watched many girls teams, even on the State level, and I know without a doubt, Cook is one of the best (if not THE best) player I have ever had the pleasure of watching!! To say she will be missed is an understatement. One thing I have got to commend her for is staying at South Webster throughout her high school career when I KNOW other schools would have loved for her to "transfer" to their respective program. That shows true character and grace. I hope she will always be true to her alma mater, because as we all know.....ONCE A JEEP ALWAYS A JEEP!!!!

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

BASKET12 wrote:Last Laugh, are you kidding? Grow up!

Nobody asked you. Move on!

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Now now children

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

classof86 wrote:Now now children

I'll send myself to bed without dinner :lol: