Regional 3/11 6:15PM Waterford vs. South Webster @ Pickrtn N

meow_mix
Waterboy

Re: Regional 3/11 6:15PM Waterford vs. South Webster @ Pickrtn N

Post by meow_mix »

WOW King vs. Cook def lived up to the hype. Both were great tonight and I felt Cook just didn't have the supporting cast and Waterford just swarmed her with many different defensive assignments. Sina is Sina and just goes about her business with 29 tonight. Drayer played awesome for being a freshman and how much can you say about Emily Brown's performance. These freshman and sophomores have grown into they're roles as the season has progressed. Good season for the Jeeps and would have liked to see the fans stay a little longer but they have a great future ahead of them.

Have heard from adults and students that the Waterford crowd will have a WHITE OUT on Saturday. Please come out and support the Lady Cats and wear white!

jumpstop14
Waterboy

Post by jumpstop14 »

Anyone know what Cook ended up with? She is an amazing talent. But this game came down to the supporting casts much as we thought it would. Brown & Drayer were just too much to handle while trying to defend King.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Man did I tell you Waterford would kill them? I think so. Congrats on the win.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

King is just a great player, and she proved it again tonight. She can do it on her own, but with this team, she doesn't have to. As I had previously stated, the supporting cast for the Lady Wildcats would be the difference, and they were. Waterford is way too deep, however, the bench didn't score a point tonight, which is extremely rare for Waterford. They will be ready to go and I expect the bench to play a much more integral part of the game from a scoring perspective in the next game.

Great game Lady Cats and good luck on Saturday.

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

Seriously, class. people sure gave us a lot of crap for saying waterford by a ton. Its so sweet to just say, "I TOLD YOU SO". Great win 'Cats. Make the TVC proud!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

jumpstop14 wrote:So disappointed in some fans from SW. Your team makes it to the regionals, you have one of the best players in the state, & you are down 24 so you are leaving. Disrespectful to those girls that have worked hard all season long. The least you could do is stay & give them a standing ovation for a great season & wish good luck to an amazing athlete.

SW is awful far away... not to mention it has been raining pretty hard

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Swanker Pine wrote:
jumpstop14 wrote:So disappointed in some fans from SW. Your team makes it to the regionals, you have one of the best players in the state, & you are down 24 so you are leaving. Disrespectful to those girls that have worked hard all season long. The least you could do is stay & give them a standing ovation for a great season & wish good luck to an amazing athlete.

I agree.............these are the same girls that pulled out one game after another this year and the fans were there cheering all the way. It would not have hurt to stay just a few more minutes and give these ladies the recognition that they deserve. Excellent season Lady Jeeps! Good Luck to Kayla Cook and the other seniors!

Congrats to the Waterford Lady Wildcats! You now represent the entire Southeast District! Good Luck!

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

The Cook girl is an excelent ballplayer, but she cannot do it all, she finally ran out of gas in the fourth quarter.

Good luck to her at the next level. Where will she be playing next fall?

Good luck to the Lady Wildcats Saturday.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

rickoshay wrote:The Cook girl is an excelent ballplayer, but she cannot do it all, she finally ran out of gas in the fourth quarter.

Yes she did but she tried to do it all and after awhile your body just says NO. I believe she's got a scholly to play for the Cincinnati Bearcats if I'm not mistaken.

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

rickoshay wrote:The Cook girl is an excelent ballplayer, but she cannot do it all, she finally ran out of gas in the fourth quarter.

She will be playing for the University of Cincinnati Lady Bearcats...Have heard already she will be getting good playing time as a freshman...

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

In both games tonight, after the first basket of the 2nd qtr, the score was 26-6. For SW they got it going a bit with Cook and other shooters getting several treys to keep it from getting too much worse. Plymouth wasn't able to hang that well with Harvest Prep as they ended up losing by 34. Both of the losers had the same problem, turnovers cost them dearly.
Last edited by mhs95_06 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

downtime
Waterboy

Re: WATERFORD vs SOUTH WEBSTER (REGIONAL, P-TOWN, 03-11)

Post by downtime »

dimedrop4 wrote:Happy to finally see these two teams meet up. Over the past few years, both teams have been knocked out of the tourney at Pickerington High School. Unfortunately, it will happen again this year. However, the folks from Waterford have been really friendly and supportive of our Lady Jeeps over the past few seasons, and if I have to see SW lose to any team, I would at least hope it would be Waterford. Not saying I want the Lady Jeeps to lose this game by any means...I just appreciate the sportmanship between fans and players over the past years, and would like to be able to walk out of the gym without having to hear "Your southern white girls can't play with our northern black girls"...and so on if we lose...

Now, with that out of the way...Everyone is going to expect a Cook vs King game, but truthfully, the winner is going to be determined by who's supporting cast steps up most. That being said, I think Waterford can go deeper into their rotation than Webster can, and that will be trouble for the Lady Jeeps.

I believe if SW can slow down the game and keep it that way, then they have a good shot. The Lady Jeeps really don't have an inside presence, but can shoot the lights out from deep. Cook will need to penetrate and kick to the open player if Waterford goes zone, unless she can find some miraculous way to get to the basket like she always does. Webster needs to limit the Lady Cats to one shot per possession, and really hit the boards well...Four strong quarters, and a win is possible.

Lady Jeeps just knocked off the #8 team in the state; now we face the #7 team. HUGE games expected from SW's Cook and Waterford's King...but we'll see who's willing to step up and make the difference in this game. Good Luck to both teams. Regardless of the outcome, it's been a tremendous season, and a great past few years for both programs. Represent Southern Ohio Girl's Basketball well ladies!

GO LADY JEEPS! YOU CAN DO THIS AGAIN! PLAY EVERY GAME LIKE IT'S YOUR LAST!

:?: Waterford has a team? I thought from all the hype that it was just the sian king show! Who are these team mates and do they leave the bench?

downtime
Waterboy

Post by downtime »

a_c_m wrote:
Swanker Pine wrote:

I agree.............these are the same girls that pulled out one game after another this year and the fans were there cheering all the way. It would not have hurt to stay just a few more minutes and give these ladies the recognition that they deserve. Excellent season Lady Jeeps! Good Luck to Kayla Cook and the other seniors!

Congrats to the Waterford Lady Wildcats! You now represent the entire Southeast District! Good Luck!

:idea: Maybe they had to pee . . . or were really hungry and wanted to beat the crowds to put the feed bag on! :idea:

downtime
Waterboy

Post by downtime »

Steely Dan wrote:King is just a great player, and she proved it again tonight. She can do it on her own, but with this team, she doesn't have to. As I had previously stated, the supporting cast for the Lady Wildcats would be the difference, and they were. Waterford is way too deep, however, the bench didn't score a point tonight, which is extremely rare for Waterford. They will be ready to go and I expect the bench to play a much more integral part of the game from a scoring perspective in the next game.

Great game Lady Cats and good luck on Saturday.

:roll: King must be a great player . . . . If she can do it on her own, maybe the rest of the team would just like to stay home and take a night off.

downtime
Waterboy

Post by downtime »

FANOSPORTS wrote:

Yes she did but she tried to do it all and after awhile your body just says NO. I believe she's got a scholly to play for the Cincinnati Bearcats if I'm not mistaken.

Give the girl her due, when you "do it all" all year you have the right to be tired. They have a name for that condition . . . . . .

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Have you ever ever seen Waterford play? If you have then you would see it isn't all about King. They play some of the best team defense I have ever seen. And any of there offensive players can go off on any night. Dont be jealous

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Congrats to Waterford. They are a very cohesive team. Good luck on Saturday. I hope you bring it all back to southern Ohio.

My Jeeps gave it their best but the Wildcats pressure was just too much. Cookie, it's been a pleasure being around you for the last several years. You will be missed. To Taylor, Hannah and Kenny, love you all and have had a blast with you too.

The remaing girls will be back in the gym before you know it working hard. The talent pool at Webster is deep. Just follow Keek's lead and you will be great!

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Congrats to the Lady Wildcat! I Will be ROOTING for u on Saterday.

To the Lady Jeep Senior's, U ALL have given me an ENJOYABLE last 4yrs. I for one will miss seeing u playing at South Webster.

To the underclassman; the Senior girls have showen u the way to the Regionals an now its up to u to work hard an KEEP the TRADITION ALIVE an make it over the hump in Pickerington. All u have to do is BELIEVE in each other.
Last edited by SENDEM on Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

SENDEM wrote:Congrats to the Lady Wildcat! I Will be ROOTING for u on Saterday.

Nice post from a JEEP supporter to the WILDCATS :aaaaa41

downtime
Waterboy

Post by downtime »

:roll: so king can do it all on her own? maybe the rest of the team should take tomorrow off and stay home and listen to the game on the radio. So disrespectfull of the other team members out their busting their butts to "make her look good".

Return to “Girls Basketball”