Regina is out of the tourney

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Regina is out of the tourney

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Heck, for that matter why don't we just do this. Take both the Ironton and Oak Hill starting 5's and combine them to make one team for the next couple years. They could surely win a state title and I don't think the OHSAA would ever find out this happened because you've got to win more than 2 or 3 titles before they even start checking that kind of stuff out. The cars of the families could keep flying up & down Rt. 93 for the next couple or three years and maybe win a couple more titles before anyone in C-bus could get all the nitty gritty on the problem. At about that time send everyone back to the school they're from so they have no evidence. Then at that point lay low for a couple more years and do the same thing again, by golly I think it would work. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ole_Cuzin_Funk
Freshman Team

Post by Ole_Cuzin_Funk »

I can assure you of one thing, the Lady Oaks and Coaches are solely focused are Ironton. Now with that being said, as fans we can focus on who we want. And Im as guilty as most Lady Oaks Fans, we expect to be in the Schott and have been talking about it since we were on our way home from the last state championship game. Im the first to say we have very high expectations for our young ladies. But hey, they are dealing with it quite well. Ironton is playing good ball, but our girls will be ready!!!!! Good luck Lady Oaks and hope both teams have a safe, injury free game. 14hrs and 43 minutes till game time. And as Big John McCarthy would say................Lets get it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O......................A..........................

blondebomb
Freshman Team

Post by blondebomb »

Just as it has been said, the Lady Oaks don't care who they face on the floor, they will be there to play ball !! Even when they get in a tight game, look at their faces, do they look scared ? No, these girls have to be to most focused team Oak hill has ever seen on the court. The Lady Oaks want to play ball to the end & they will have a LARGE following as they go forward !!!! GO LADY OAKS !!!!!

Buckeye84
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye84 »

Oak Hill will have a very tough time getting by Ironton!

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Buckeye84 wrote:Oak Hill will have a very tough time getting by Ironton!

Could be winner of this game wins it all!
Knowing some of the girls that play for the Oaks, I know they would have loved to gotten revenge on Regina.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Oak Hill still has the same chances of winning the championship as they did yesterday. They have a 12.5% chance of winning right now. Liberty Benton and Middletown Madison are very very very good. IMO Smithville would have had a good shot at knocking off Regina. We all know what Versailles and Ironton are capable of. And Oak Hill has just the same chance as all of those teams. Case Western Reserve only lost 3 games this year which is a great accomplishment in their area of the state with 2 of their losses coming to Div2 teams. Elyria Catholic has only lost 4 games in a tough region with one loss to a d1 team and 2 losses to d2 teams.

It is up for the taking.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

jeep80 wrote:So, why all the bitterness for Regina?

They weren't called Regina University for nothing. They have been recruiting for years and it finally caught up to them. Who knows how many other years they had and ineligible player but just didn't get caught.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

DARN I WANTED TO PLAY THEM!!!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

with regina gone.... oak hill = d3 state champs

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

theassassin wrote:with regina gone.... oak hill = d3 state champs

I think OH would have had a great shot even with Regina in it. Gotta beat Ironton first though.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

Bucknut27 wrote:

I think OH would have had a great shot even with Regina in it. Gotta beat Ironton first though.

will never know now... ironton cannot play with the oaks

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

theassassin wrote:
Bucknut27 wrote:

Take nothing for granted. They're a good ballclub.

superfly
Waterboy

Post by superfly »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
jeep80 wrote:So, why all the bitterness for Regina?

They weren't called Regina University for nothing. They have been recruiting for years and it finally caught up to them. Who knows how many other years they had and ineligible player but just didn't get caught.

What about Oak Hill recruiting not all there players are from there

AndyDufresne
Waterboy

Post by AndyDufresne »

Be careful superfly. I made a post earlier about this topic and my post was removed. I guess its OK to say things about a school as long as it's not a local school. Most of Oak Hill's team is origianally from other schools.

Oakhead
Waterboy

Post by Oakhead »

AndyDufresne wrote:Be careful superfly. I made a post earlier about this topic and my post was removed. I guess its OK to say things about a school as long as it's not a local school. Most of Oak Hill's team is origianally from other schools.

You're not getting the point, Andy. We're not saying it's bad to get players from other schools, we're making fun of them for not being able to fill out simple paper work to cover themselves. Maybe we're just lucky to have an AD with so much experience in this sort of thing. I guarantee you, though, we have all the i's dotted and the t's crossed and there is no way we will ever get any sort of recruiting violation against us. Maybe Regina should have some people running the show that have some brains like us. Have fun watching us from the stands, Regina!

Go Oaks!!!!!!

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Oakhead wrote:You're not getting the point, Andy. We're not saying it's bad to get players from other schools, we're making fun of them for not being able to fill out simple paper work to cover themselves. Maybe we're just lucky to have an AD with so much experience in this sort of thing. I guarantee you, though, we have all the i's dotted and the t's crossed and there is no way we will ever get any sort of recruiting violation against us. Maybe Regina should have some people running the show that have some brains like us. Have fun watching us from the stands, Regina!

Go Oaks!!!!!!

Hmm... I'll give you the benifit of the doubt. But I am HIGHLY suspect that some Oak Hill fans - or fans of other schools for that matter - are happy because Regina's AD messed up on some paperwork. I know there are some Oak Hill fans who are upset about Regina's - how would you say this - "aquisition" of players over the years and think they are getting thier comeuppance.

I know a lot of Oak Hill fans get tired of the accusations of recruiting in thier Boys and Girls programs over the last few years. And as they can rightly ask the accusers to prove their assertions, so must anyone claiming Regina recruited must submit proof they did. An AD not filling out paperwork is a clerical issue, not a recruiting violation.

So tread carefully when when making accusations. Like the old saying goes, when you point a finger at someone you have 3 pointing right back at you.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

theassassin wrote:
Bucknut27 wrote:

SAY WHAT? - And I guess "will" means we'll [we will], and we DO KNOW NOW .....
Ironton CAN indeed play with the Oaks ... and beat them 43 - 31!

Mark May
Freshman Team

Post by Mark May »

Looks like y
Oakhead wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Be careful superfly. I made a post earlier about this topic and my post was removed. I guess its OK to say things about a school as long as it's not a local school. Most of Oak Hill's team is origianally from other schools.

You're not getting the point, Andy. We're not saying it's bad to get players from other schools, we're making fun of them for not being able to fill out simple paper work to cover themselves. Maybe we're just lucky to have an AD with so much experience in this sort of thing. I guarantee you, though, we have all the i's dotted and the t's crossed and there is no way we will ever get any sort of recruiting violation against us. Maybe Regina should have some people running the show that have some brains like us . Have fun watching us from the stands, Regina!

Go Oaks!!!!!!
Looks like you guys will be doing the watching from the stands..Have fun! And yes, keep those I's dotted and those T's crossed. :lol:

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Go Oaks!!!!!![/quote]Looks like you guys will be doing the watching from the stands..Have fun! And yes, keep those I's dotted and those T's crossed. :lol:[/quote]

One only has to look at your Aviator and no responce is needed. Anyone a Mark May Fan has some serious issues :lol: :lol:
Last edited by 1974Viking on Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

If you're going to talk the talk you got to walk the walk and the "Mighty Oaks couldnt walk that walk. Maybe just Maybe they should have went south on 93 and not north to get them "transfer players" The Oaks, both boys and girls are going to have to figure out how to get back to D4 cause it looks like they can't run with the big dogs of D3

Return to “Girls Basketball”