Randy Dillinger - Taking a Seat

hardwoodheroes
Freshman Team

Randy Dillinger - Taking a Seat

Post by hardwoodheroes »

Randy Dillinger has been a staple at the Alexander scorer's table for over 30 years...how does he do it? In the Hardwood Heroes "From the Bleachers" section, Rob Guliano tells us that Mr. Dillinger has "Taken a Seat" and kept the scorebook at over 2,500 basketball games.

http://woub.org/tv/index.php?section=5&page=685 ..."Taking a Seat"

coachperWHS
Riding the Bench

Re: Randy Dillinger - Taking a Seat

Post by coachperWHS »

Randy has done 2500 games? It looks like he will eventually learn to keep the score book right!

Randy is not only a fine example of dedicated service in an individual toward his/her school, but he is also a great person. He is a great friend (I say that because his mom makes great hard-tack candy!) and I enjoy seeing him every time we play Alexander.

Not only does he keep the book in basketball, but he has been a very good competitor in coaching as he has spent many years with the softball program at Alex.

Now let me compute this....he makes at least $50 a game keeping the book...times 2500 games.
Hey, Randy, how about a loan?

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

You pay your scorekeeper?

Swampfox
Freshman Team

Post by Swampfox »

I an honored to call Randy a friend. He does so much for the Alexander school not only scorekeeper, takes care of the football and softball field. He keeps score for the 2 hoops events that Alexander run which is 7 and 8 games in one day.

Return to “Girls Basketball”