BEST SPORTS REPORTER IN PRINT IN SE OHIO????????????

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

BEST SPORTS REPORTER IN PRINT IN SE OHIO????????????

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

Paul Boggs for the Jackson Times Journal comes to mind. Reports very impartiially and does a great job with the recap. Keep up the GREAT work Paul. Share your thoughts on your local reporter.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: BEST SPORTS REPORTER IN PRINT IN SE OHIO????????????

Post by Orange and Brown »

Troy Bolin of the Athens Messenger

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

Orange and Brown wrote:Troy Bolin of the Athens Messenger

I have to agree. Seems to always give credit where credit is due.

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

Ill second Paul Boggs. I always enjoy reading his stuff.

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

Joe Davis from Marietta Times. Quality work for many years.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

lady oaks fan 3362 and Bucknut27.....Thank you very much for the kind words. They are much appreciated!

I try to do my job to the best of my ability. Some days I feel like I succeed, some days I don't, but there's always the next edition in which I can improve upon.

Again, I appreciate the kind words.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

I would personally like to put in good words for the majority of my colleagues throughout SE Ohio.

Among them are Craig Dunn of The Logan Daily News, Bryan Walters of The Gallipolis Daily Tribune, and Julie Billings of the Pike County News-Watchman.

I work with these three individuals the closest, so I am a bit biased in that regard, but they all work hard and do top-notch jobs.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

I also want to mention the names of Jim Walker of The Ironton Tribune, Kevin Pierson and Ron Johnston of The Marietta Times, Brad Morris of The Circleville Herald and Kevin Wiseman and Jason Arkley of The Athens Messenger.

All do a fine job and are valuable resources for me.

There are really too many to name.

ITOWN13
Waterboy

Post by ITOWN13 »

I think Jim Walker of the Ironton Tribune does a great job, he is the only one in the sports department. Lots of late nights covering every team in the county.

hayseed
Riding the Bench

Post by hayseed »

Craig Dunn - Logan Daily News - does an outstanding job! Gives credit when credit due. See's the whole picture, great knowledge, and respectful in every way.

TigerPaw22
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerPaw22 »

Mr. Boggs from Jackson,legendary reporters Davis and Johnston at Marietta( Piersson getting better and better),do a nice job.My vote would go to Mr.Craig Dunn at Logan.He does a great job of telling the whole story.Ireally enjoy his articles.Now with that said the best ever in my time is "The Benchwamer" Mr. Bill Robinson of the Marietta Times.Since his retirement he frequently will have acolumn.He always did a nice job. Yeah Robby!

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

What about the Boys and Girl at The PDT? :lol: :lol: :lol: ;-) In this case nothing said is enough said.
As Will Rogers once said , "If you can't say something good about someone don't say nothing. Well said Mr. Rogers

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Orange and Brown wrote:Troy Bolin of the Athens Messenger

Ive heard that name somewhere? :mrgreen:

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

ITOWN13 wrote:I think Jim Walker of the Ironton Tribune does a great job, he is the only one in the sports department. Lots of late nights covering every team in the county.

Got my vote on this one........Jimmy does a great job not only with the high school sports but on the college and pro level as well......

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

All of our local guys do a good job of covering us. Buzzy Fisher, Paul Boggs, Red Thompson and others. They really step it up and do some great articles during tournament time. The special coverage after the boys and girls made it to state last year was tremendous.

I would also like to give a shout-out to Bryan Walters, who back in the early 2000's covered the Lady Oaks and really got our name out there across the state. He did a great job covering us and does a great job where he is now. We would live to have him back, but I know he is prob. better off in the position he has now.

Also another guy that I do not know, but writes good articles and seems to be pretty unbiased is Kevin Wiseman at the Messenger.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

People actually still read the Newspapers?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The Bolin fella from the Athens Messenger is pretty good ... Seems to write more from his heart than his brain though ... ;-)

All the sports reporters do a great job IMO, they don't get paid really anything but do it cause they love it.

I do know that Bolin from the Messenger won't be covering anymore basketball games this season - a few outside circumstances need to be cleared up first, and then hopefully he will be back for baseball season ... It may leave the Messenger a little short handed for the time being - but at the same time - the trivalleyconference.com web site will have a lot more time and energy put into it.

L.R. Faires
Waterboy

Post by L.R. Faires »

I know he doesn't do much anymore, But I would like to mention Tom Metters from the Athens Messenger. Long time reporter, he was always fair to the Cats, all we had to was call him to have announcements put in the paper for our alumni football assoc. great guy

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

Mighty Oaks Fan,

Thanks for the shout out. Last basketball season was the only time in my career that I wished that I hadn't gone to Gallipolis, but you all were in good hands with Paul and Buzz. With that said, I am where I need to be. I've met and worked with a lot of great people in the Gallia, Meigs and Mason county areas over the years and feel privileged to be their voice.

Bring one home this March, third times the charm. Get 'r' dun.

Tucker
Riding the Bench

Post by Tucker »

I would have to say Jimmy Walker

Return to “Girls Basketball”