All Conference

Re: South Point @ River Valley 1/14

Post by wemufans »

South Point won by 20 +.

fair fan
Riding the Bench

Post by fair fan »

South Point did not win be 20+, You were at the wrong game. At the end of the first quarter River valley was in the lead 12-9. Going into half time Raiders 24 South Point 24. Senior Jenna Ward was hurt during the game and unable to return which was a hard hit to the Raiders. Needless to say the game was still head to head with the end of the 3rd quarter score South Point 42 - Lady Raiders 37. The Lady Raiders gave up some fouls to attemt to get the ball back because Southpoint went into a stall. South point won by 13 but it was a hard fought game till the end.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

fair fan wrote:South Point did not win be 20+, You were at the wrong game. At the end of the first quarter River valley was in the lead 12-9. Going into half time Raiders 24 South Point 24. Senior Jenna Ward was hurt during the game and unable to return which was a hard hit to the Raiders. Needless to say the game was still head to head with the end of the 3rd quarter score South Point 42 - Lady Raiders 37. The Lady Raiders gave up some fouls to attemt to get the ball back because Southpoint went into a stall. South point won by 13 but it was a hard fought game till the end.

Wasn't even in Galia county! :122249 You're right I really was just making a guess the game wasn't even over when I posted that! Glad it worked out in the Pointers favor though! :razz: :razz:

fair fan
Riding the Bench

Post by fair fan »

Well your guess was wrong.

OVC1999
Waterboy

Post by OVC1999 »

Pointers could not buy a shot. Officiating was pitful. River Valley shot close to 45 foul shots and South Point only shot 14. Fletcher sat out all the 2nd and half of the 3rd with foul trouble. Bradburn scored 28. Not sure what happened but the coaches has words after the game involving the River Valley coach yelling at a South Point player. It was good to see a student section with RV kids, but their crowd new building or not are still obnoxious as ever. Should not even be a be a game when the Raiders travel to SP, IMO.

fair fan
Riding the Bench

Post by fair fan »

That is another untrue statement The Raiders only shot 21 free throws Pointers 16. Not much of a difference, but 45 sounds better doesn't it.

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

OVC1999 wrote:Pointers could not buy a shot. Officiating was pitful. River Valley shot close to 45 foul shots and South Point only shot 14. Fletcher sat out all the 2nd and half of the 3rd with foul trouble. Bradburn scored 28. Not sure what happened but the coaches has words after the game involving the River Valley coach yelling at a South Point player. It was good to see a student section with RV kids, but their crowd new building or not are still obnoxious as ever. Should not even be a be a game when the Raiders travel to SP, IMO.

Well fair fan seems to know everything.So did the River valley coach actually yelll at a HIGH SCHOOL student fair fan?if this did happen then the coach should be fired or something you cant just let this go unattended.

oh and is the River Valley coach a guy?

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

The coach was a woman and she sure did yell at Kayla while she was in the game, told her players to get her and that is when one of them hit her with an elbow to the nose. Then the coach had the nerve to grap her by her arm after the game. She needs to be fired!!!!!!!

As for the fouls not sure how many foul shots they shot but SP had 23 fouls called on them.

unbiased fan
Waterboy

Post by unbiased fan »

I was at the game. I have to say it was more like "jungle basketball" than anything I have seen in a while. I think SP may have been overlooking RV. They didn't start out well at all. Then in the 2nd half it turned into a brawl. RV rarely gets a good group of refs.
A previous poster complained about how many fouls were called on SP, imo I think they very easily could have had quite a few girls foul out, if the refs would have been paying attention. I saw more elbows and pushing out of the SP girls than I have ever seen.
They are better than that, just because they get frustrated doesn't mean they can play like that. I bet they don't overlook RV the next time.

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

Ummmm SP girls don't play dirty, but I guess everybody sees the game differently, but had the refs been paying attention RV could have easily had girls foul out!! South Point came out that 2nd half playing the same way that RV played the whole game, which IMO the RV girls got a little mad cause they were having to take what they were dishing out! And that doesn't give the coach any right to yell and touch another player!!!! FIRED!!!!!!!

unbiased fan
Waterboy

Post by unbiased fan »

Maybe SP don't normally play dirty, but they sure played ugly last night. Don't know anything about the coach touching a player, but did see her daughter get plowed over and head bounced off the floor. And yer right, everyone sees the game differently. And my opinion and 99 cents will get you a cup of coffee at Speedway.
I just hope that when RV travels to SP that the refs will keep everything under control.
I would hate to see any of the girls from either team get hurt because of poor officiating.
Its really uncalled for.
RV did have a girl foul out. Marcum

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

RV hired the refs maybe they need to look into that situation, not a SP problem that the refs sucked! They called more stuff against SP then RV. From what I was told RV played this same type of game agianst Chesapeake on Monday.

And if you think that the SP girls played dirty then WOW I wonder what you thought about the RV girls! :roll:

If her daughter did get plowed to the floor (which I am sorry if that happened) and she can't hold her emotions then maybe she doesn't need to be a coach!

But if you were watching the whole game then how did you miss the coach yelling at our player and then grabbing her by the arm and oh yeah telling her players to get her, so one swings and elbow and hits her in the nose. Now that is some good ole coaching there isn't it! So you kinda wonder why the players play like they do!

740blueangoldfan
Waterboy

Post by 740blueangoldfan »

Sp couldn't get a shot to fall the refs were horrible I don't see how a ref under the basket can make a call at halfcourt when there's a ref standing at halfcourt who calls a walk an the ref under the basket calls a blocking foul an that's just 1 of the horrible calls he was makin all night rv played decent an kept it close but I think when they come to sp the refs won't matter sp will just get after it an it will be a 20+ point win you can count on that

sp_pointers01
Waterboy

Post by sp_pointers01 »

Wow, sounds like a crazy crazy crazy game! Glad the lady pointers pulled off the win, nice job!

Kayla is one tough cookie, that's for sure. I think a lot of coaches get frustrated when they coach against her because they don't know how to stop her. If what the coach said/did is true...that is AWFUL that she would stoop down to hurting a player to satisfy her frustration. I have seen the SP girls play rough, but I tell you what they never start it though. When you are at the top of the league and one of the top teams in the area, teams are ready to come after ya. Do you think these girls are going to just back down? Absolutely not....they can more than hold their own. How do you stop two teams from getting too heated? Good officiating. Seems like both sides were complaining over the officiating in this game. They should have never let it go that far. Also coaches have got to control their players emotions....cannot believe she told her players to "get her" (if that is true!). That kind of stuff is uncalled for, they are just kids out there playing. I hope any players hurt in the game are okay and ready to go for their next game. Whenever RV comes to SP I hope it is not like this at all, hopefully there will be good sportsmanship from all sides.

OVC1999
Waterboy

Post by OVC1999 »

I stand corrected. I got incorrect stats. I just looked in both area papers, and the official foul shot totals were RV:28 and SP:15.

As for the officiating, 2 of officials were not an issue, it was the shorter official that kept overriding almost EVERY call in RV's favor that caused an issue.

I agree, South Point coming off a month break wasn't ready for the Raiders.

unbiased fan
Waterboy

Post by unbiased fan »

I know that the SP fans don't like to hear this, but the SP girls did play rough, and the refs were horrible but not completely lopsided. RV may get their butts kicked in SP. But don't blame it on refs and RV playing rough because it was a close game. SP just plain overlooked RV. No team should ever do that, no matter how good they are.

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

Nobody is blaming the refs, its the fact that you want to say that SP played dirty and RV didn't! Maybe they did overlook them by coming off a layoff of over a month, I am sure it won't happen again. Let's just say if you can't take it, then don't dish it out! If you don't want it done to you then maybe you shouldn't do it to someone else!

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

I agree with the previous posts........if you can't take it......don't dish it out. So SP fans quit whining!!! I too was at that game, and SP just flat out under-estimated the Raiders!! So in there frustration they decided to get rough, and found out that the Raiders like it rough!!! And they HAD THE ANSWER FOR FLETCHER!!! Foul trouble or not, that is part of the game, and they took her out of the game, she had no choice but to foul, out of frustration!!!! As for the coach grabbing her........ I understand that it SUPPOSEDLY took place as they were shaking hands after the game, so didn't see that. BUT. what I did see was when she leveled Gilmore......she walked over to the bench and was laughing about what she had done. You all call that an athelete!!!! I saw Hagar from RV get tangled with a player from SP and the SP player went dow, what did she do?????? she helped her up, and patted her behind!!!!! That my friend is sportsmanship. Did the coach from RV tell her girls to take Fletcher out???? WHO KNOWS ????? what are you baseing that accusation on......SP players word???? Did u hear her tell them to do that????? I doubt it. Maybe you should get facts before u accuse. As far as the game at SP..... I agree..... won't be close.......Lawrence County officials will see to that!!!!

Return to “Girls Basketball”