South Webster @ Clay 12/29

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

South Webster @ Clay 12/29

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Jeeps by 15.

they are playing someone tonight in Columbus at the Braggin' Rights Classic. anybody have any word on how its going up there?

SENDEM
All Conference

Re: South Webster @ Clay 12/29

Post by SENDEM »

It didnt go to well, lost 57-33. They should rebound this evening. The Lady Jeeps by 10+.

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Tough loss last night for the Lady Jeeps. Look for them to rebound with the win tonight. Lady Jeeps by 16.

murmur
Riding the Bench

Post by murmur »

How did it go tonight?

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

SW won easily 57 - 37. PDT talked about Cook getting 22 points but that wasn't the story. Clay's coach did what he could do to win and it worked in the first quarter. He basically shut down Kayla Cook (0-4) in the first quarter and made the other players have to step up. They did just that hitting about 5 threes in a row. #3 for SW was actually the star of the game hitting three trey's in a row. The game was 8 - 7 at the end of the first quarter but but SW went on a 16-0 run to start the second. The hot shooting from outside foiled Clay's plan of guarding Cook so they had to come out and that opened up the scoring inside for her. She is the real deal, but Clay and SW pulled their starters when the score was about 45 - 15 and Cook stayed in until she got her 22.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Looks like the Jeeps are playing really good team ball right now. Even tho Cook is not scoring a much as usual the rest of the team is stepping up. I love to see the points spread out amongst all of the girls. Can't wait to watch them play against Valley. Will be a tough game but they can pull out the W if they continue to play as a team.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Well shuting Kayla down wasnt the story cause it didnt happen quit that way she just missed her 1st 4 shoots an the score at the end of the 1st quarter wasnt 8-7 it was 15-7 . She just couldnt get the shoots to fall but had some good looks. Once the 1st one fell then it was on an so was the rest of the team! I thought the Jeeps " D " was Very good to keep Clays leading scorer to just 6 points was a big key. Good Luck to Clay the rest of the season.

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

congrats lady jeeps!!!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

well good job. i was going to go but I fell asleep...

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

SENDEM wrote:Well shuting Kayla down wasnt the story cause it didnt happen quit that way she just missed her 1st 4 shoots an the score at the end of the 1st quarter wasnt 8-7 it was 15-7 . She just couldnt get the shoots to fall but had some good looks. Once the 1st one fell then it was on an so was the rest of the team! I thought the Jeeps " D " was Very good to keep Clays leading scorer to just 6 points was a big key. Good Luck to Clay the rest of the season.

Didn't say it was the story SENDEM, I said it was the plan, but the outside shooting put an end to that idea. She played a good game, as would be expected of her, but about half of her points came after the game was well out of hand and starters had been pulled.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Nope she only score 5 points in the 4th, before everyone was pulled. She scored most of her points in the 2nd an the 3rd. It could have been alot worse, but Coach Johnson did the right thing half way thur the 3rd by putting 1 or 2 jv players in at a time, an put all the Jv's in after a min was gone in the 4th.

Return to “Girls Basketball”