Re: OVC 09-2010 Predictions and thoughts

Post by wemufans »

NUTS&BOLTS wrote:River Valley is the team to beat

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheshirecat
Waterboy

Post by Cheshirecat »

Rv has great kids playing ball, lets keep it real all the drama is just so toxic!! :122249

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Really?...I mean really?..........Better than SP who only lost one player from last years REGIONAL team.......I mean support your team , and be proud of your team, but, REALLY?.........You may be the only person on here or anywhere in Southern Ohio that doesn't believe SP will be kicking butts and takin' names this year.........I don't care if we are D-II this year, that just gives us new butts and names to kick and take........GO POINTERS!!!!........................ : :122245 ................THREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!.............. :12224

RV FAN
Riding the Bench

Post by RV FAN »

RV had one scrimmage but I haven't heard how it went.

Looks like they play in the previews so that should give some indication on how they match up this year.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

There scrimmage was with Oak Hill and Fairland

Oak Hill won overall about 70-40
don't know the totals against Fairland but they won most if not all of the quarters

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

abuck76 wrote:Really?...I mean really?..........Better than SP who only lost one player from last years REGIONAL team.......I mean support your team , and be proud of your team, but, REALLY?.........You may be the only person on here or anywhere in Southern Ohio that doesn't believe SP will be kicking butts and takin' names this year.........I don't care if we are D-II this year, that just gives us new butts and names to kick and take........GO POINTERS!!!!........................ : :122245 ................THREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!.............. :12224

I got to agree with you Buck. These girls have had the talent since they were in Biddy League with moms and daddies as coaches. With a real coach since high school they have done nothing but gotten bigger and better. The OVC is theirs for the taking. I can't wait for the games to begin. Heck I will even drive the great distance to River Valley to see the previews which are just going to be a scrimmage for the reserves of the Point!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Coal Grove won't be nearly as talented as they have been in recent years, but this freshman class coming up was pretty darn good a few years back in 4th and 5th grade.
I know things might go a little rough for the lady hornets this year, but they have one of the best coaches around in Coach Miller and he'll get the most out of what he's got!

Good luck, Grovers! The Fuzz is pulling for you! :-D

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

70-40 against OH?......oooooh, gonna be a loooonnng year for RV.........................Go POinters!!!!!!!!!..... :12224

Emmit Bryant
Waterboy

Post by Emmit Bryant »

Who does South point open with and when? They should be really good this year,

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Lady Pointers 2009-2010
Nov. 30 Galia Home
Dec. 5th Sandy Hook KY
Dec. 7th Ashland A
Dec. 10th Fairland H
Dec 14th Boyd Co. H
Dec.17th Rock Hill A
Dec. 21st Oak Hill A
Dec. 23rd Ironton A
Jan. 7th Peake H
Jan. 11th Coal Grove A
Jan. 14th River Valley A
Jan.21st Fairland A
Jan.23rd Hunt St. Joe A
Jan. 25 Rock Hill H
Jan.27th Peake A
Jan. 30th Hunt. St. Joe Inv. A
Feb. 4th Coal Grove H
Jan.8th Minford H
Jan. 11th River Valley H

Emmit Bryant
Waterboy

Post by Emmit Bryant »

What does Galia have?

Buckeye2
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye2 »

NUTS&BOLTS wrote:River Valley is the team to beat

Yea right. Outside of vollyball River Valley has never done anything in the OVC, and i dont see that changing now. South Point is definitly the favorite. They go through the OVC without a loss. River Valley will probably be at the bottom of the OVC this year...as usual :lol:

basketball12345
Waterboy

Post by basketball12345 »

South Point is deff a good team. But Fairland has a new coach (Buchanon) and has shocked everyone. I've seen and heard about many of their scrimmages. Fairland beat River Valley in a scimmage, and won all games against New Boston. They also played Pikton and Symmes Valley and won 4 out of 5 games. They beat Coal Grove at previews by a truck load, and they had a scrimmage at their home lair which i predict they won against Racine and Portsmouth.

fair fan
Riding the Bench

Post by fair fan »

basketball12345 wrote:South Point is deff a good team. But Fairland has a new coach (Buchanon) and has shocked everyone. I've seen and heard about many of their scrimmages. Fairland beat River Valley in a scimmage, and won all games against New Boston. They also played Pikton and Symmes Valley and won 4 out of 5 games. They beat Coal Grove at previews by a truck load, and they had a scrimmage at their home lair which i predict they won against Racine and Portsmouth.

It is ok to have an opinion but the facts are not correct. Fairland has never beat River Valley in a scrimmage, not in the summer or fall. We can talk and talk but why don't we just let the season play out and after each game we will know who the better team is. Scrimmages mean nothing, previews mean nothing. At the end of the season we will see who is better.

basketball12345
Waterboy

Post by basketball12345 »

true scrimmages and previews don't mean anything, but this whole blog was made to talk about who is going to be better this year. and yes they scrimmaged river valley and won 1 out of 3.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Can you say REPEAT AGAIN for South Point...sure ya can........SP will not have any competition in the OVC this year...........I will make a bold prediction and say no OVC team will beat SP and no OVC team will get to within sigle digits of the SP, unless the second or third or the fourth team is in....................... :12224

Safetyman
Riding the Bench

Post by Safetyman »

Ok, just my opinion from what I seen at previews. I was impressed with Rock Hill's attitude (new coach, new year, all heart) they still finish at the bottom but are improving. They will win some out of conference games this year. Chesapeake wasnt impressive but with Mayo and Ruffner not on the floor what do you expect, they will finish 2nd or 3rd this year. Coal Grove looked very sloppy terrible passing everyone is depending on Delong and she cant handle all that pressure. Maybe 4th or 5th place this year. Fairland looked sloppy also, they have some talent and potential but I don't look for them to be a threat this year. Maybe a 3rd place finish. River Valley has the size its just what they are going to be able to do with it. Against S.P. they couldnt even give the girls a chance on the inside. I predict R.V will finish 2nd or 3rd.

Then you have South Point, anyone with a brain and one eye can see that no one in the OVC will or can compete with this group. Extremely talented in every position on the floor. Great talent on the bench, with a much better attitude than last year. South Point OVC champs once again! I think their motto should be "COME GET SOME" because most teams after playing them won't know what hit them. Way to quick, and can score at will. Coach Adams will really have to watch the scoreboard because they will put a ton of points on the board QUICK!

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!.... :122245 .................................... :12224

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Well, to start off South Point does look tough, they are fast and have good post players.
River Valley looked pretty good, good post (i think Brooke Morgan, correct me if im wrong)
Coal Grove, Chesapeake, and Fairland looked about the same...each team have some good players they depend on.
Personally, I think that Rock Hill has improved a great deal since last year.
They have new coaches that want to win and care about the girls.
The girls have new attitudes and want to turn things around this year.
The new coaches have worked the girls hard and Im sure they'll be ready for this year.
Also, Safetyman I doubt that Rock Hill will finish last in the OVC !!!!

bballfan13
Waterboy

Post by bballfan13 »

Heres what i think the OVC will end up looking like-

1. South Point-no doubt
2. Chesapeake-looked horrible at previews but had key players out.Plenty of talent there and only lost one player this year.
3. River Valley-good players. Should easily beat the teams below. Could beat the Peake.
4. Fairland-just too young right now to win big. Looked good against CG at previews.
5. Coal Grove-lost good players. Could take out Fairland.
6. Rock Hill-very impressed at previews, but like i said the Peake had key players out. They just cant compete with these teams.

Return to “Girls Basketball”