Donations for pep bus to Convo for Ironton Girls game

tigermom42
Riding the Bench

Donations for pep bus to Convo for Ironton Girls game

Post by tigermom42 »

Coach Graham is trying to get a pep bus for the girls game on Saturday at the Convo. Anyone wishing to donate can contact the Coach, Jane Tackett at 534-8204, Mary Linn at 532-8517. You can also take any donation to the school for Coach Graham or Bob Linn Sporting Goods.
It would be really great for the girls to have a big crowd to cheer them on as they play the District finals at the convo. We already have a $100.00 donation from Tacketts Body shop. Thanks for the support!

85inside
S

Re: Donations for pep bus to Convo for Ironton Girls game

Post by 85inside »

The School Board of education is paying for a pep bus to be taken to OU for this game. That has been taken care of.

Maybe donations could go to pay for tickets for kids who might not be able to afford to go? The BOE would not be allowed to buy tickets, but the bus is already paid for. I hope as many kids as can go will take advantage of this free oportunity to go to the District final game.

Thanks to Coach Graham, Mrs. Tackett and Mrs. Linn for organizing this. Tigermom, could the donations go to buy tickets for the kids, since the bus in already paid for?

If so, put me down for a $50 donation.

tigermom42
Riding the Bench

Post by tigermom42 »

Yes the money collected can help pay for tickets. This is what we did in the past and the school board paid for the bus. This helps get kids there that normally do not get to go. Please get in touch with one of us and we can take your donation. We may not be able to pay for all the kids but we can divide it and maybe keep the cost down on the tickets?
Thanks for your support.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Great!! I will drop a check to Coach Graham wednesday. is that ok?

Go Fighting Tigers!!

tigermom42
Riding the Bench

Post by tigermom42 »

That is great so he can take care of it at school. Thanks so much for your donation. With the money that I know of the bus will hold 50 and that would take 3 dollars off each ticket. We may get more money which will always help. Thank you from the girls team.

tigermom42
Riding the Bench

Post by tigermom42 »

Just to clarify any misunderstanding, in the past the school board always paid for the buses. The money we collected went toward tickets for the kids and at the time we started it for the girls and then the boys asked if we could also help them. We were always able to help pay for most all the kids tickets from donations throughout the town. People constantly were giving a $1 to $100.00. This was back when my son played on the team and we have not done it since. The girls coach asked how we did this back then and so he asked if we could try it again. I told him I would post it and see if we would get any response to help out the kids so the girls may be able to have a cheering section. So far all I know of is the 2 donations and that is greatly appreciated.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I think thats a great Idea, its good to get the kids involved,and like posted, a lot of kids that other wise wouldnt get the chance to go.

ndngirl19
Waterboy

Post by ndngirl19 »

i think that its great that the people get behind these girls. i also thank that its great what the tacketts and bob linns have done as well...i just hope everyone else understands how important it is to have support...sometimes it can make or break a team..especially during tournament time. tournament, and playing at the convo is a great atmosphere...and everyone should want to be involved. thanks tigermom42 for all that you do...you truly care about these girls and the coaching staff...so come on ironton fighting tiger fans..lets get out and cheer and support these girls as they play for a distrtict championship..remember its all about the kids... lets go tigers and bring home a distrtict championship :aaaaa93

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Due to circumstances beyond my control I will be missing my first district playoff game involving the Lady Tigers since I first arrived back in town in 1978. Hopefully I will be able to make the regional semi-final in Lancaster next Wednesday and watch the same Lady Tigers in action after their victory Saturday nite.............

but I will be listening to Jason and the fellas on WIRO and the good job they do in broadcasting all the action.........as well as watching all the updates from the grand ol lady from the OBDTF, none other than Caglewis herself...........

Here's to a safe trip for all the fans from Zane Trace and Ironton who will be making the trip.........

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

I would like to take this opportunity to say how impressed I am with those in the Ironton Schools that they are working hard to get their kids to the games. I have been a kid of lesser means that prevented me from attending school sporting events so I am so proud of the people making this possible. I hope the kids of Ironton appreciate the effort put forth by these selfless individuals and generous contributors.

If we all had this attitude, the world would be a kinder place.

ndngirl19
Waterboy

Post by ndngirl19 »

Thanks lady oaks fan 3362. when it comes down to kids the people in this town are amazing....or any time of need...you can always find a helping hand...and because of the people who are helping...we get to send a full bus...

also to tiger town turkey...i wish you the best...i was just telling my father a couple of weeks ago how true your support is for the kids at ironton, not only kids of ironton, but you are a big supporter of kids period....you are a great man...and i hope to see you in lancaster.. take care

tigermom42
Riding the Bench

Post by tigermom42 »

We have collected donations from
Roger and Laura Jones $20.00
Kim and Joe Holtzapfel $20.00
John and Tammy Holtzapfel $20.00
Anonymous $20.00
Thanks to all who support our kids!
We have a special person who is out collecting money and I would like to thank this person because he does it for the kids and knows how important it is to get the kids there. I have always been able to count on him and his buddies to help the kids. Thanks again to all who have given.
McDonalds coffee morning gang $20.00
Last edited by tigermom42 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

tigermom42
Riding the Bench

Post by tigermom42 »

Coal Grove Giovannis John Suitor $50.00
Thank you for your support! You are a great person to help the kids and we really appreciate your help.

tigermom42
Riding the Bench

Post by tigermom42 »

Anonymous $20.00
Anonymous $20.00
Phil Staton $20.00
Paula & David Conley $20.00
Thanks for everyone coming thru for the kids!

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

The Lady Tigers won today 36 - 28 over Zane Trace and will play the South Point Lady Pointers on Wed, March 11, at 6:15 PM in Lancaster. On the post-game interview just a few minutes ago Coach Graham said there will be another pep bus to take students up to the game in Lancaster. I'm sure donations will be appreciated again to make it possible for as many students as possible to make the trip and cheer on the Lady Tigers. Donations can be left at Bob Linn's Sporting Goods on North 2nd St in Ironton among other places - see above..

tigermom42
Riding the Bench

Post by tigermom42 »

Thanks caglewis we are going to be taking donations and doing the pep bus. Hopefully we can get a bigger crowd there to back the girls. Thanks to all that have helped us to this point and in the past, it is greatly appreciated. Any questions go to top for numbers to call. Thanks from all the lady tigers basketball team and parents!

Return to “Girls Basketball”