D4 District Final Waterford Lady Cats vs Lucasville Valley

love4thegame
Waterboy

Re: D4 District Final Waterford Lady Cats vs Lucasville Valley

Post by love4thegame »

The best opponent that both teams played this year was Oak Hill. Both teams got beat by 6 points. I don't know why Valley would not have a chance to win this game. Last year is in the past and has nothing to do with this year's game. It just may give Valley the fuel that they need to win. Should be a very close game. Good luck Valley bring home a district championship!

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

South was the best team Waterford has played this year. And Valley may have gotten better in the offseason BUT SO HAVE THE LADY CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Filthy One
Waterboy

Post by The Filthy One »

Waterford is playing much better basketball than when they played Oak Hill way back in December, they got started off slow, but have been rolling lately. And yes I would have to agree that Parkersburg South is the best team the Cats have faced this season.

hilljack
Freshman Team

Post by hilljack »

I like Valley and hope they play well. But I've seen both teams play, I think it will be Waterford by 15+.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I have to agree, Waterford probably didn't play their best against Oak Hill, but PSHS was a very formidable opponent. I was at the PSHS @ Waterford game, and the Lady Cats showed what they were made of in that game.

I like Waterford, by alot, in this match up.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Didn't see this game was until Saturday. I'll take Waterford by 20 plus in this one.
Last edited by athens78 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

olay135 wrote:I don't know why everyone is saying Valley played such a great schedule. So did Waterford. I meen the Hocking was down this year but Fed Hock is always good and always gives the Cats a game. They got the number one seed in their sectional. The Cats played Parkersburg South twice and beat them once while they were ranked number one in AAA West Virginia. They beat Marietta who is way bigger. The Cats beat Bucyrus at the Classic in the Country. So don't be talking about how good of schedule Valley played when the lady Cats played a way tougher schedule.

The Valley Indians played a competitive schedule. South Webster and Valley are the only two Division IV schools in their league. Oak Hill, Minford, Wheelersburg, Northwest and Portsmouth West are Division III, while Waverly is Division II.

Oak Hill, Minford and South Webster are all in the District Finals! Looking at the TVC, you have Federal Hocking!

I do wish you Good Luck because I have respect for a good program like Waterford, but I will be supporting the Valley Indians!

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

a_c_m wrote:
olay135 wrote:I don't know why everyone is saying Valley played such a great schedule. So did Waterford. I meen the Hocking was down this year but Fed Hock is always good and always gives the Cats a game. They got the number one seed in their sectional. The Cats played Parkersburg South twice and beat them once while they were ranked number one in AAA West Virginia. They beat Marietta who is way bigger. The Cats beat Bucyrus at the Classic in the Country. So don't be talking about how good of schedule Valley played when the lady Cats played a way tougher schedule.

The Valley Indians played a competitive schedule. South Webster and Valley are the only two Division IV schools in their league. Oak Hill, Minford, Wheelersburg, Northwest and Portsmouth West are Division III, while Waverly is Division II.

Oak Hill, Minford and South Webster are all in the District Finals! Looking at the TVC, you have Federal Hocking!

I do wish you Good Luck because I have respect for a good program like Waterford, but I will be supporting the Valley Indians!

I would say Fed Hock makes up alot of ground for the TVC. They are super athletic and Butcher is a big D1 prospect so you can say top to bottom you are in a better conference but all this junk about a better schedule, no way. I would like to see the likes of Valley play @ Marietta or a Parkersburg South. Or even Alexander who we played earlier in the year. Valley would be lucky to go .500 with the Lady Cat's schedule. While in the meantime the Lady Cats are 20-2!!!!!

Oh and by the way the Lady Jeeps musta struggled some with Reedsville Eastern who Waterford beat by 60 @ Waterford and by 28@ Reedsville so I wouldn't be talking trash on the TVC!!!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

The only trash talking is coming from yourself! Everyone else is stating facts!

South Jeepster
Riding the Bench

Post by South Jeepster »

olay135 wrote:
a_c_m wrote:

I would say Fed Hock makes up alot of ground for the TVC. They are super athletic and Butcher is a big D1 prospect so you can say top to bottom you are in a better conference but all this junk about a better schedule, no way. I would like to see the likes of Valley play @ Marietta or a Parkersburg South. Or even Alexander who we played earlier in the year. Valley would be lucky to go .500 with the Lady Cat's schedule. While in the meantime the Lady Cats are 20-2!!!!!

Oh and by the way the Lady Jeeps musta struggled some with Reedsville Eastern who Waterford beat by 60 @ Waterford and by 28@ Reedsville so I wouldn't be talking trash on the TVC!!!

what did the LADY JEEPS do to you they don't run the score up on teams like Waterford does we don't care for that kind of play YOU BETTER HOPE YOU DON'T BUMP IN TO THE JEEPS BECAUSE IT WILL BE WATERFORD LAST GAME FOR THE YEAR SO BACK OFF!

hoopitup
Freshman Team

Post by hoopitup »

Wow South Jeepster you sure are aggressive. First of all, Waterford doesn't run up the score. For you information Waterfords starters only played about half the game against Eastern and any other team that they were beating by 20+. Coach Close wouldn't intentionally run the score up on anyone. He can't help it if his other players can score as well.

Know one said the Jeeps did anything Olay was just stating the fact that the Jeeps must have struggled against Eastern. I believe they were only up 6 at halftime. ( A team that Waterford handled easily both times this year). The Jeeps had a great second half. Eastern did improve over the course of their season.

Please don't create animosity among these two teams. If you remember correctly they are very good supporters of each other.

Right now Waterford has one game at hand and that is Lucasville Valley. They are not looking ahead to anything else. One game at a time. Good Luck to the Lady Wildcats and Good Luck to the Lady Jeeps!

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

The topic was about Valley and Waterford.

I agree with hoopitup. The Jeeps and Wildcats have always supported each other so we need to stop with harsh words. They both have two games to play before they would even meet each other.

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

a_c_m wrote:The Southern Ohio Conference will be proudly represented by three (3) conference teams at the Convo. The South Webster and New Boston fans should arrive early and support the Valley Indians!

And why not stay late and support Oak Hill and Minford?

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

lady_oaks_fan3362 wrote:
a_c_m wrote:The Southern Ohio Conference will be proudly represented by three (3) conference teams at the Convo. The South Webster and New Boston fans should arrive early and support the Valley Indians!

And why not stay late and support Oak Hill and Minford?

The topic is Waterford and Valley. They play the first game at 11:00 and New Boston and South Webster play lat 1:00. I would love to stay and watch all the games especially Oak Hill and Minford, but that may not be possible. Good Luck to all of our Southern Ohio Conference teams!

Bobby Love
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobby Love »

good luck valley

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

SD sends his best to the Lady Cats! Keep it going. I will try to be there tomorrow to catch your game. Good Luck!

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Thanks always for your support SD. Let's just do it ladies. Get your game face on.

GO LADY CATS!!!

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Almost game time. Let's take it to Valley ladies. Good luck.

GO LADY CATS!!!

backinblack
Riding the Bench

Post by backinblack »

Good Luck to the Lady Cats! Washington County is rooting for you!! :-D

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Good luck Lady Indians from Beautiful downtown Houston!!

Return to “Girls Basketball”