SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2008/09 All/SEOAL Girls

Post by noreply66 »

ttt

pinstripe
Waterboy

Post by pinstripe »

Hard to believe ZHS only had one player on team despite winning this league. Not taking anything from any other gal. Will they continue to play some of these teams next yr. my understanding they left league.

k k ann
Waterboy

Post by k k ann »

Congratulations to Mallory and the rest of the girls!! Best wishes on and off the court in the future!!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

pinstripe wrote:Hard to believe ZHS only had one player on team despite winning this league. Not taking anything from any other gal. Will they continue to play some of these teams next yr. my understanding they left league.

I found it a little strange too

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

gahs4ever wrote:ALLIE TROESTER, our 6'2" junior All-SEOAL representative was selected GAHS MVP at this week's awards ceremony.

The Blue Angels only lose two seniors; one of which started, and we finally have some size returning up front next year. Look for continued improvement in year II of coaches Renee Barnes, Jeff Lanham, and Deke Barnes at Gallia Academy.

Long time followers of SEOAL girls basketball will no doubt remember Renee's playing days first at GAHS and then at URG. She became the third head coach in GAHS history in the 1990's, replacing the late Gordon Baker, and her best squad in 1995 came within a last second shot of advancing to the final four. Four players from that team eventually played college basketball. So we are fortunate at GA to have a proven winner back on the bench working with our girls!

Great things will happen next year!!!!

Return to “Girls Basketball”