South Gallia's Jennifer Sheridan reaches 1,000 points

U know?
Riding the Bench

South Gallia's Jennifer Sheridan reaches 1,000 points

Post by U know? »

Congratulations, Jennifer. Also, congrats to the lady rebels for their 3rd consecutive sectional championship. Good luck next Saturday Jennifer and lady rebels!!!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Re: South Gallia's Jennifer Sheridan reaches 1,000 points

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Congrats Jennifer!

sg rebel23
Waterboy

Post by sg rebel23 »

CONGRATULATIONS JENNIFER!!!!!

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

Congrats Jennifer!!! I am almost positive that this makes her the first and only girl in South Gallia history to surpass the 1000 point platue (spelling :lol: ?) if that is so then she is 1 of 4 out of boys and girls both!

I just cant believe the game wasnt stopped to notice the accomplishment when it took place and before anyone says that there was only 4 seconds left when she did it, I dont think that even matters... No matter when it happens the game should be paused to recognize this rarely met goal.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

First - Congratulations to Jennifer on her accomplishment.

Blame your coach. He/she is supposed to call a time out for the recognition. That is what happened tonight when Iris Butcher scored her 1,000th point for Federal Hocking. The coach immediately called a time out after the basket, the refs paused the game, the P.A. announcer made the announcement, and both teams fans gave her a standing ovation.

While impromptu, it was a classy moment at Wellston HS.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Well when jason merrick, my brother and I scored our 1000 at SG our coach never had to call a time out and the game was stopped at all 3 times for us so I dont think I will blame that on our coach for not calling a time out because there shouldnt of had to be one called anyway!

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

CONGRATS JENNIFER!!!!!

In response to the coach calling a timeout, I know it was well known that Jennifer needed 19 points to get her 1000th. I know the scores table, tournament director and probably referees all knew. I am just glad that Jennifer made this accomplishment and being the only girl in South Gallia History to do it and for the girls to get a big win over a tough Eastern Beaver team.

Also, thanks to Eastern Beaver fans for acknowledging Jennifer's accomplishment their fans were a class act.

Let's have a great week getting ready for a tough New Boston team, you guys can do it!!!

Love ya Jenn and all the Girls.

Kerinon
Freshman Team

Post by Kerinon »

Juniper Mary way to go!!!!!!! We're so very proud of you and of your monumental accomplishment!! Keep those girls rolling on!

:122245

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Great job!!!!!

Lance42732
Waterboy

Post by Lance42732 »

Whenever milestones are reached in tournament play, the game is not allowed to be stopped. It is unfortunate because it is a great accomplishment! Congratulations to Jennifer!

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Lance42732 wrote:Whenever milestones are reached in tournament play, the game is not allowed to be stopped. It is unfortunate because it is a great accomplishment! Congratulations to Jennifer!

Well I have saw it stopped 5 times before in tournament play and one of them was in girls play witch was last year against us when we played South Webster. So I know it can be stopped because I have saw it done and plus I took referee class and know for a fact and have a book that proves it!

Lance42732
Waterboy

Post by Lance42732 »

BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:
Lance42732 wrote:Whenever milestones are reached in tournament play, the game is not allowed to be stopped. It is unfortunate because it is a great accomplishment! Congratulations to Jennifer!

Well I have saw it stopped 5 times before in tournament play and one of them was in girls play witch was last year against us when we played South Webster. So I know it can be stopped because I have saw it done and plus I took referee class and know for a fact and have a book that proves it!

Brutus,
You may be right, it was just my understanding that tournament games couldn't be stopped. I know in the 06-07 season Wheelersburg's Drew Spradlin reached this milestone in the tournament and the game was not allowed to be stopped. This was, however, at the Convo, so that may have had something to do with it. But once again, Congratulations to Jennifer on her accomplishment!

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Well I dont know about in the regionals so I cant say anything about it but I know that in the sectionals it can be stopped...

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

Congratulations on a great accomplishment.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Congratulations Jennifer! When I coached you in the seventh grade, I knew you were special. Good luck in the districts, and best of luck in what ever you do.
GO LADY REBELS

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Congrats Jennifer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Girls Basketball”