East VS SOUTH WEBSTER

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

East VS SOUTH WEBSTER

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

EAST beat Notre Dame last night, and now must play against South Webster at Nortwest. Whats your thoughts on this one?

Tartanblue
SEO

Re: East VS SOUTH WEBSTER

Post by Tartanblue »

Webster won the first meeting by 15 I believe...East is going to have to play perfect ball, cause turnovers, and not lean completely on Williams to score...they need her to score but also needs McCallister to shoot it from outside to losen up the middle and down low for the mid range shot from Wright and Bennett. Also need to get it to Caudil to get Sherman in foul trouble.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

East needs to keep 33 in the game, when she went out after getting hit in the face Notre Dame came back on them.

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

If Cook is on, Webster should win by 20. If she isn't, they will still win by 5. Good Luck Jeeps!

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Webster won by 15 the first game and the starters only played about 3 quarters. I think the Jeeps defense will give East a lot of fits.

Cooks does need to be on, but so do the rest of the girls. To go very far in the tournaments we need 3 or 4 girls scoring in double figures. They can do it, they just need to start passing the ball off to whoever is in position to score.

Come on Lady Jeeps, start the tournament run off in a big way!

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

If my memory serves me correctly :122249 an it normally does, the starters only played about 3or4 min of each of the 1st 3 quarters an in the 4th they never seen the floor but 1min. Should be a good game for the Websters bench to get some playing time an get some of the cobb webbs knocked off. Good Luck to BOTH teams.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I was at the East Game last night and was supprized that Tartablue wasnt there.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

i had practice...gotta get the younger kids ready for the tournament coming up in here in a couple weeks

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

any updates?

kahn
Freshman Team

Post by kahn »

61-36 Webster

Cook scores 27 and SW moves on to face Eastern Meigs.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

I need a South Webster roster for my radio broadcast.
Please post. Thanks

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

xx

Bobby Love
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobby Love »

read the paper today and it looks like webster took advantage of east to work on there team game. :roll: 1 had 27, 1 with 10, 6 and others with 2. does the coach not have control or not care. not very good prep for the tourny imo.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Bobby, every time you post it's to bash South Webster. Jealous maybe?

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Bobby,you need to worry about your own team...not what other teams might or might not be doing.They (Northwest) are simply PATHETIC and that's being nice.Being a alum of Northwest I would think another leadership change should be in the works soon.But knowing them they will wait another ten years...

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Hardfowl, I'll work on getting a roster for you.

Bobby Love
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobby Love »

sorry to strike a nerve just echod what digger said but didnt beat around the bushes

digger wrote:Cooks does need to be on, but so do the rest of the girls. To go very far in the tournaments we need 3 or 4 girls scoring in double figures. They can do it, they just need to start passing the ball off to whoever is in position to score.

and northwest will be better next year. first year coach and returning several add 1 year experience

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Bobby Love wrote:sorry to strike a nerve just echod what digger said but didnt beat around the bushes

digger wrote:Cooks does need to be on, but so do the rest of the girls. To go very far in the tournaments we need 3 or 4 girls scoring in double figures. They can do it, they just need to start passing the ball off to whoever is in position to score.

and northwest will be better next year. first year coach and returning several add 1 year experience

Good Luck! You'll need it...

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

looking at the paper it looked like the middle quarters hurt East as they played with them in the first quarter, and according to the paper it was a close 4th but I am not sure if starters were in or subs by that time

softballlife16
Waterboy

Post by softballlife16 »

Bobby Love, 27+10=37 and 6x2=12, now 37+12=49, If the Jeeps scored 61 points then you missed a few somewhere!!!! So lets get it straight!

Tartanblue was correct! It was close in the first quarter! Then in the second quarter the jeeps poured on the press and the traps and ran away with it. The starters played 2 minutes in the 4th and then a few of the bench came in until 4 minutes to go and then the reserves came in.

I dont care who webster plays Cook is gonna get alot of points and the rest of the team will get and does get their chances. Against East, I would say Cook scored 10 or 12 of her points off of steals from the guards and she takes it in for the layup. They played very good team ball against East. They are ready for the tournament and if they keep playing like they did against East they should do well.

So please give the girls and the coaches some credit and try watching the game instead of thinking you know how it went by reading the paper. Good Luck Lady Jeeps and show these nay sayers that your ready for a long tournament run!

Return to “Girls Basketball”