South Webster @ Oak Hill 2/16

How many will Cook score?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:29 pm

Total votes: 0

SENDEM
All Conference

Re: South Webster @ Oak Hill 2/16

Post by SENDEM »

U are sadly MISTAKEN if u dont think that South Webster dont want that REGIONAL Tournament Trophy also!!! I will say that they have a pretty good chance of at LEAST playing for it. To win it an Be in the Final 4 they will have to get past Waterford or Africentric (sp).

But they have to play ONE GAME AT A TIME!!!
GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS!!!!!

seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

MightyOaksFan wrote:Team Goals are first and foremost for this group of girls. They don't play hard for themselves, they play hard for each other and they play hard for Janie.
Leaving Minford wrote:The question now is who is the SOC 2 player of the year? IMO, Cook is clearly the best player/athlete in the league. She carries her team. However, for argument's sake I don't see how you can't pick someone from Oak Hill who just demolished the league by 4 games. That is almost unheard of in league play. But then again who would you pick from Oak Hill.

its true oak hill puts team goals first but if there is anyone in the league that thinks oak hill would be 19-1 without adkins they are just kidding themselves it became very evident during the sw game and its true as cook goes so does sw but it also could be true as adkins goes so does oak hill im sure she was close to a double double if she didnt get it that game and had several very nice assists very unselfish and team oriented but very good never the less.just because the scoring is usually balanced doesnt mean there isnt someone that stands out ! GREAT GAME LADY OAKS !!! AND GREAT YEAR GOOD LUCK IN THE TOURNEY !! MAKE THE SOC PROUD !!!
I CAN ROOT FOR YOU GUYS NOW SINCE WE ARE DIVISION 4 AND DONT PLAY YOU ANY MORE TIL NEXT YEAR!!

OakHillOaks
Freshman Team

Post by OakHillOaks »

Wow really a double-double? I didn't notice but now that I think about it she did get a good bit of the rebounds and had quite a few assists.

abnormal
Waterboy

Post by abnormal »

I think there should not be so much emphasis on individual players. I would rather see a good TEAM play rather than just one player.

Cook really hasn't impressed me. Everyone talks about her, but I enjoyed watching the other Lady Jeeps play together.

whythehale?
Riding the Bench

Post by whythehale? »

When I saw Cook dribble the entire court when Oak Hill was pressing, I was impressed. She can shoot and I think she plays team ball. She passes to the open girl. Plus she is a nice person on and off the court and carries herself that way in a ball game.

abnormal
Waterboy

Post by abnormal »

Disagree -- I saw her look at an open teammate who could have easily scored and yet chose to drive through two defenders to get the foul.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Just curious was that in the 1st half or the 2nd half, cause I dont remember that? Plus if she did get foul an go to the foul line to shoot a one an one or 2 shoots thats as good as a layup with her on the line. If my memory serves me right she was a 100% ( 7 for 7 ) from the line.

Just to put this in a nut shell. Every Team an I mean every team has a Go to person, an she is Webster's just like Karrisa is for Oak Hill. Here is another example for u. Regina bar none the Best Team in the State has a player, I cant remember her name, her number is 22 VERY,VERY,VERY TOUGH. When I last seen them play, they played against Africentric at the Classic. She scored more point in the 1st half the the Whole Africentric Team did. An she is their go to Person. The point guard or ur shooting guard is normally the GO TO PERSON that the rest of the team NORMALLY feeds off of. An if that person is having an off night shooting u alway hear the Coach say " KEEP SHOOTING it will COME ".

I will be rooting for Oak Hill the rest of there Tournament Run, I just hope that u Guys dont have to face Regina.

abnormal
Waterboy

Post by abnormal »

Oak Hill doesn't have one player that stands out in my mind. They play very well together. By the way, I am not from Oak Hill.

Point guards are not supposed to be the high point player. Most of the point guards do not score a lot of points. I think that is probably why Kendra Justice was taken off point -- to allow her to shoot the threes that she has been known for in past years. this has enabled her to go from scoring very little to getting some points on the board.

hilljack
Freshman Team

Post by hilljack »

The Cook girl is the best player in the SOC2. I did see opportunities she missed with some players maybe having the open look, but not a lot. Oak Hill is a team. I think if they were missing any of the top 7 on their team, they wouldn't be 19-1. The Adkins girl is a great player and has been a great team player all year. She and her team always pass to make the easy play. Thats whats wrong with many teams in the SOC and why they aren't as successful. I don't know how many teams I've seen the so called go to player take most of the shots and don't use players on their team that can do as well or better than the shot they are trying to take. Thats why Oak Hill is 19-1 and they are not. Good luck to all SOC teams in the tournament.

Return to “Girls Basketball”