SE

Re: South Webster @ Oak Hill 2/16

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Oaks outscore Webster 43-19 in the second half

blondebomb
Freshman Team

Post by blondebomb »

Great Game Lady Oaks !!!! This is the right kind of a game to get us pumped up for the tornaments... Webster has a great team too & should do well down the tornament trial , but tonight was our Lady Oaks brought home the V.. !!!!

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

A tale of two halves. Coaching.

South Jeepster
Riding the Bench

Post by South Jeepster »

It was nice to see the 3 Minford girls at the game cheering on there new team for next year. :twisted:

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

Congrats Lady Oaks. Jeeps gave us a run for our money in the 1st half. I said that the way Cook goes is the way the Jeeps go and she had an off half the second half. Good to see Jeeps utilize the Sherman kid.

Great senor presentation. Thought it was nice that they honored the Jeep seniors as well.\

Good luck to both teams on the tournament trail.

Mr_player
Freshman Team

Post by Mr_player »

So what happened here?
can someone give a recapa of the game?

OakHillOaks
Freshman Team

Post by OakHillOaks »

South Jeepster wrote:It was nice to see the 3 Minford girls at the game cheering on there new team for next year. :twisted:

That makes a lot of sense since 4 out of the 5 girls that were there watching the game from Minford were seniors. Not sure what you meant by that post anyways? :roll: :roll:

cripple93
Waterboy

Post by cripple93 »

Congrats Lady Oaks on the big win. Lets get ready for the tournaments now. Good Luck Lady Jeeps in tournaments.

SOMAGIC
JV Team

Post by SOMAGIC »

Apparently the Minfords girls are not allowed to come watch a game and support their "FRIENDS" without someone trying to start something. Jeepster you know nothing about the Minford girls....and why such the evil face??? :-D

Congrats to the lady oaks on your win.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

My Jeeps got outplayed the second half. Hopefully they will get it together before tournaments start. When they play as a team they are awesome and that's what they need to do more of.

Good luck to the Oaks on the tournament trail. You should do very well.

I was also wondering about the Minford comment.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Way to go LADY OAKS!!! NOW ITS TOURNEY TIME!!! LETS KICK SOME HIDE

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

South Jeepster wrote:It was nice to see the 3 Minford girls at the game cheering on there new team for next year. :twisted:

Guess we don't all see this the same way. I thought they came to watch a good game and for the most part that is what they got. I didn't see anything wrong with other teams from the SOCII coming. We enjoy having everyone and welcome you back anytime.

abnormal
Waterboy

Post by abnormal »

From what I've seen, the Lady Jeeps do a lot better when their whole team is utilized. It sounds like that is not what happened last night.

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

abnormal wrote:From what I've seen, the Lady Jeeps do a lot better when their whole team is utilized. It sounds like that is not what happened last night.

Actually, the whole team seemed to be utilized to me. They were all taking shots. Turnovers were a big problem but the Webster girls just seemed a bit winded maybe?

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

The question now is who is the SOC 2 player of the year? IMO, Cook is clearly the best player/athlete in the league. She carries her team. However, for argument's sake I don't see how you can't pick someone from Oak Hill who just demolished the league by 4 games. That is almost unheard of in league play. But then again who would you pick from Oak Hill.

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Leaving Minford wrote:The question now is who is the SOC 2 player of the year? IMO, Cook is clearly the best player/athlete in the league. She carries her team. However, for argument's sake I don't see how you can't pick someone from Oak Hill who just demolished the league by 4 games. That is almost unheard of in league play. But then again who would you pick from Oak Hill.

Adkins? B Butler? T Hale? M Strite? R Caudill? or any other lady Oak. They play team ball therefore they have no one person who stands out. To pick POY you must consider all aspects of the game. Oak Hill is all about team. I am sure every player on that team would give up indivdual awards for a state championship.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Team Goals are first and foremost for this group of girls. They don't play hard for themselves, they play hard for each other and they play hard for Janie.

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

MightyOaksFan wrote:Team Goals are first and foremost for this group of girls. They don't play hard for themselves, they play hard for each other and they play hard for Janie.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Birdman
Riding the Bench

Post by Birdman »

it doesn't matter they want the regional championship trophy you can have all the rest of the individual awards

Return to “Girls Basketball”