Parkersburg South @ Waterford 2-14-09

kcarth305
JV Team

Re: Parkersburg South @ Waterford 2-14-09

Post by kcarth305 »

Congrats to the Lady Cats, you represented the TVC Hocking well last night. Good luck in the tournament!

hoopitup
Freshman Team

Post by hoopitup »

What a great last home game for the 3 seniors. Thank you girls for some great basketball. After an injury early in the season last year it looks like Lang has fully recovered. She had a great game. It looks like she is coming around just in time for the tournament run. She will be needed down the stretch. Drayer and Brown will be missed dearly next year. They are huge contributors to this team. Drayer was a little off offensively (I have to credit Parkersburg South defense to that) but made it up on the defensive end, and did hit some key shots when Waterford needed them. You would have never even known that Brown had an ankle injury. What a great game for her. Thanks again to the 3 Wildcat seniors. We will miss you.

Good luck to the Lady Cats in the tournament. I hope we have a long run.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I am still smiling from the outcome of this game, two days later. What a great atmosphere, and great effort, by the Lady Cats. It was nice to see the three seniors win this game, as their last home game.

I've been known this school year to criticize the local media for their lack of coverage on this forum, and I'm afraid that it is no different with this game.

First, KUDOS:

Nice to Anthony Lima there at the game, camera in hand, talking to the coaches. WTAP did a nice job of covering the game, and had some nice footage Saturday night. Appreciate WTAP's presence.

Sunday's Parkersburg News. Nothing, no mention. OK, maybe didn't meet your deadline, I can understand that.

Monday morning's Parkersburg News. Nothing, no mention of the game.
Monday afternoon's Parkersburg Sentinel. Nothing, no mention of the game.

Monday's Marietta Times, nice story by Joe Davis. I saw Joe there at the game Saturday night, so I figured that there would be a nice write-up in the Times. They didn't disappoint.

http://www.mariettatimes.com/page/conte ... l?nav=5025

Now, I find it interesting that the Parkersburg newspapers and the Marietta newspaper are owned by the same corporation. I find it interesting that the Parkersburg newspapers played ostrich and reported nothing.

I guess that it is tough for Goliath to admit that Davey got the best of them.

FridayNites
Waterboy

Post by FridayNites »

Interesting, The Pburg News has Sina King as small school athlete of the week.
Stemming from her great performance in the "upset" over South. What a slap to the Cats. Give south a little munster cheese to go with their cheap wine. Maybe the real upset happened on South's home court. Reality is two good programs splitting a season series.

Well anyway Sina deserves this award and congratulations!

Best wishes for a state title run!!

Return to “Girls Basketball”