Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
ma77ox
Varsity

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #2

Post by ma77ox »

Ironman92 wrote:
ma77ox wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:
Disagree. How many shots did Sheets put up? I know I sat there in the stands and on numerous occasions caught myself saying "nice defense".....what was Meigs 3 point % in the first half? I think Jackson had 4 steals in about 6 possessions in the 2nd half.

The freshman is good....what about the sophomore with 20?

Our shots didn't fall either as Cooper's potentially tying 3 point attempt went all the way in and out.
You haven't seen Sheets play very often then, because he always shoots like that and they go in.

I was thinking the #24 with the 20 points was the Freshman

And on the tying attempts there was a lot of pressure putting up what 4 shots in 10.2 seconds?

You just must still be butthurt from us beating you in baseball (yeah that was my son that beat you) HaHa

Nowhere have I said Jackson was bad, there is no point on you coming and trying to convince me, fact is I don't care how good or bad they are, you aren't in our TVC, I don't follow you guys. The defense wasn't anything special, 5 games we averaged over 70 points...It wasn't your defense that stopped us from putting up those point, if anything it was your stalled offense. And our bad shooting for the night.
I don't have the foggiest idea of what you are talking about. I asked you how many shots he took, because it didn't seem like he took that many for a kid that scores like he has this season. What was his shooting % and what was Meigs % from 3 land in the first half?

Congrats to your son I guess and nice off-topic humble brag. Hopefully my son's team gets to face Meigs in the future...in basketball.
Not gonna sit here and keep discussing this, not the appropriate thread, this is for the Elite 8, Not about Jackson/Meigs....No idea of the % on sheets himself, he took many shots, and not sure of % in first half...If I'm not mistaken I think we were like 19% for 3 point land for the whole game.

And yes humble about my son is like Jackson is humble and arrogant in every sport. Just haven't been great at basketball as of late, and for like the 3rd time, Jackson will be a huge factor in the next few years. You all are a huge school, you should be excellent in all sports.

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

In defense of Griff, he did have his worst game of the season versus VC when you watched him, Floyd. He came back at the Big E classic and drained three trey's and is shooting 57% from the field for the season. 57% and averaging 33 points per game. Crazy to have that high of FG% and still be scoring that many points.

Lovebball42
Freshman Team

Post by Lovebball42 »

Waterford at 35?!

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Pride comes before the fall

sportsfan87
Waterboy

Post by sportsfan87 »

I think Waterford at 35 is fine. They haven't got to the best part of their schedule it is early. When they have to play belpre (if bedgood is back), Fort Frye, and Trimble all in a week will tell a lot about this team.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

I will be very surprised if Westfall can keep it competitive with Unioto.

FannyPack
Freshman Team

Post by FannyPack »

Wffan wrote:
FannyPack wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:Unioto averages about 7 less possessions a game so far and only 2 ppg than a year ago. So, they are playing with a slower tempo and with way more efficiency. 4 starters averaging between 11 and 13 ppg while only one player takes more than 7 shots per game (and that's only 9 for that player)

Playing great defense, rebounding extremely well, and sharing the ball makes them an incredibly difficult team to matchup with, especially considering that the only 2 players under 6'1 are ballhawks off the bench.

There's a chance they can get beat on any given night, but a team has to get the game in their tempo and value the ball all night. We'll see if the Mustangs can do it on Friday. Wyman is going to have to have a game like Griffin Lutz did against the Shermans for the Mustangs to get a W, IMO. Hope neither team looks ahead of tonight's game.
Nerd.

Wyman vs Swack - Swack better passer, Wyman better scorer

Mink vs Kennedy - Outside of experience, not close. Kennedy is an absurd shooter and plays great defense.

Anderson vs Cottrill - I like Anderson as a player, so I'll be nice, this isn't close.

Adams vs Hosley - they would never match up in any world. And it's not close

Peart vs Wheeler - one was great in football, one has great footwork in basketball

Bench - Fisher already had a double double, anyone from WF match that?

Unioto plays the game with a chip on their shoulders from being previously insulted and win by 30, only because Wyman is special.

Unioto has the better team. But make sure facts are straight. Kennedy is a very nice player but "absurd scorer"? He is 1-1 ft this year. I will give some credit because a lot of times Im sure the ball gets kicked outside from bigs for threes.

Ppg- Mink ( slightly but again, unioto has more scoring, im sure Kennedys would be more on another team), steals-Mink, assists-Mink, rebounds-Mink, and Im not saying Mink is better but come on...Not close?
Sorry father that I have upset you! But, next time, please read the actual post and try not to change any of my words around! Shooter is not the same as scorer, those are actually two entirely different words in the English language, differing in spelling, length, and meaning!

2015-2016 Basketball Pick 'Em Champion while picking correctly 81% of the time.
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

What does the menu of games look like this weekend in Scioto Co. ??? the Pfloyd Tour will be on the river for round #1 of Christmas - what are some of the match-ups in the SOC1 or 2 ???

RoundBall1
Waterboy

Post by RoundBall1 »

Lucasville Valley takes on Portsmouth West tomorrow night @ West, Indians should run away with this one quick and early.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Looks like the "pfloyd tour" will be in Sciotoville to catch Portsmouth East hosting Portsmouth Clay ... will this one be sold out ? any problem with seating ? are there 3 games (freshmen, JV, Varsity) or just 2 games ( JV/Varsity )? ...

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Dec 22 coach barrick and the eagles play east then dec 28th the eagles.travel to waverly to play the tigers in the pike county tourney.

GO EAGLES
EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

pfloyd,
I would suggest getting their early , there is limited seating at ports east, and this one will b packed , my eagles play at east on Tuesday and I know I will b arriving early, u will b watching what promises to b a great game in sciotoville on Friday , a huge soc 1 matchup both are really great teams .... Not sure about a freshman game but I doubt it , I'd say it's just Jv and varsity prolly starting at 6.... Safe travels

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

EPN wrote:pfloyd,
I would suggest getting their early , there is limited seating at ports east, and this one will b packed , my eagles play at east on Tuesday and I know I will b arriving early, u will b watching what promises to b a great game in sciotoville on Friday , a huge soc 1 matchup both are really great teams .... Not sure about a freshman game but I doubt it , I'd say it's just Jv and varsity prolly starting at 6.... Safe travels
... Thanks EPN ... I'll make sure I get there early for the JV contest to have a seat for the Varsity matchup ...

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Pfloyd, on Dec. 26th and 27th The Peake are playing in a Holiday Tournament at Newark High School. They will play Westerville North on Sat and depending on the outcome either Toledo Woodward or Newark on Sun.
This will be a real test for The Peake.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Pfloyd is in the Tartan gymnasium... In the cheap seats ... just watched Clay's varsity do a shoot around ... impressive...

CGHornet55
Freshman Team

Post by CGHornet55 »

"Down goes Frazier!"
South Point beats Portsmouth! I honestly didn't see that coming!

Watched Fairland and Coal Grove, and Fairland is the real deal. When hitting on all cylinders, they are dangerous. I can see them possibly winning the OVC this year.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Peebles 72,Eastern Brown 56. PeeblesArey 27 points,Gordley16 points,Kremin 11 points,Parrett 8 points and a great floor game. I think 10 in scoring column for Peebles. Eastern's Day with 21 points. Hard played game by both teams. Peebles now 6-0

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens heads up to Columbus to play 2-1 Bishop Watterson on Saturday. Athens physically dominated them last year on the big court but they play 5 players 6'3 or taller

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Lynchburg 97west union 44.Lynchburg now 8-0

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto 75
Westfall 66

Unioto jumped out to a 23-5 lead late in the first quarter, but the Mustangs refused to go away. They kept it around 10-12 for most of the game before a late push got them within 6 in the closing minutes. Unioto converted 3 straight bonus situations at the line to help put the game away. Cole Cottrill finished it off with a steal and slam in the final 10 seconds.

Isaac Wheeler - 20 pts, 13 rebs - led the Shermans in scoring, while Logan Swackhammer played his best game of his young HS career while his sophomore classmates were in foul trouble throughout.
Unioto - Wheeler 20, Swackhammer 15, Cottrill 10, Hosley/Kennedy 9, White 7 (all in the 4th), Lovely 3, Fisher 2
16-23 from the FT line. 7-18 from 3 (Swackhammer 3, Cottrill 2, White/Kennedy 1)

Westfall - Wyman 21 (this kid can play, doesn't get rattled, wants big shots...I'd take him any day), Mink 15, Anderson 11, Adams 11, Peart 4, Jude 3, Nunemaker 1
10-19 from the FT line. 8-27 from 3 (Wyman 3, Anderson 2, Mink/Adams/Jude 1)

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”