Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #8

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #8

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Coal Grove Hornets on sweeping my Portsmouth Trojans with a 59-53 win last night. CG is 8-3 on the season, and is a solid 3rd (4-2) in a very good OVC, while PHS dropped to 3-3 in the OVC and 8-4 overall. The Hornets beat the Trojans twice this season by a total of 8 points. I was proud of the Trojans for battling back from a 37-29 deficit when CG had all the momentum. Game tied at 49 but the Hornets made the plays in the final 2 minutes to get the win. CG will be a major player in the D4 tournament.

Portsmouth has with some tough games left before the sectional draw (South Point, Gallia Academy twice, at Fairland, Albany Alexander), but after watching them all year, they are very capable of beating a better team in the tourney if they can just minimize the turnover bug that has cost them several times this season. Athletically, they can match up with anyone. 3 of the Trojans' 4 losses have come by single digits.

GO TROJANS!!!

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

The postponed Fairfield Union at Sheridan game has been rescheduled for Monday Feb. 19th.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Smeltzy wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:01 am The postponed Fairfield Union at Sheridan game has been rescheduled for Monday Feb. 19th.
.... hmmmmmmm interesting that Sheridan chose to play this one AFTER the sectional seeding - but I digress ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the Pfloyd Tour motors to the U Friday night to watch the Shermans entertain the Red Streaks from Piketon ... I believe the BEST game Piketon has played this season was the last PHS game I saw when Coach Legg's troops soundly beat Paint Valley @ PV early in the season ... looking forward to heading for SVC country & the U ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:38 pm
Smeltzy wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:01 am The postponed Fairfield Union at Sheridan game has been rescheduled for Monday Feb. 19th.
.... hmmmmmmm interesting that Sheridan chose to play this one AFTER the sectional seeding - but I digress ...

Not the only ones doing that :?

Coach SLegg
Waterboy

Post by Coach SLegg »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:42 pm ... the Pfloyd Tour motors to the U Friday night to watch the Shermans entertain the Red Streaks from Piketon ... I believe the BEST game Piketon has played this season was the last PHS game I saw when Coach Legg's troops soundly beat Paint Valley @ PV early in the season ... looking forward to heading for SVC country & the U ...

PFloyd,
Swing by Piketon bench, we’d like to meet you and thank you in person for all the nice things you do for southern Ohio Basketball and the kind words about the Streaks.

Here Comes the Streaks!
Beeftips
Waterboy

Post by Beeftips »

FWIW, Sheridan did not chose to play this game after the draw. Sheridan had all to gain and FU has all to lose by playing before, that being said before the TValley game. May be different now, who knows. Several games before the draw. I have been a long time follower of this forum but never posted. Great forum and enjoy the updates and info.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Coach SLegg wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:09 pm
pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:42 pm ... the Pfloyd Tour motors to the U Friday night to watch the Shermans entertain the Red Streaks from Piketon ... I believe the BEST game Piketon has played this season was the last PHS game I saw when Coach Legg's troops soundly beat Paint Valley @ PV early in the season ... looking forward to heading for SVC country & the U ...

PFloyd,
Swing by Piketon bench, we’d like to meet you and thank you in person for all the nice things you do for southern Ohio Basketball and the kind words about the Streaks.
I will do that Coach SLegg ... I met Coach ELegg at Paint Valley - sort of anyway - he made his way into the stands during the JV half time to hold his "little girl", I asked him if he had a clause written into his contract that allowed him to sit in the stands with his wife and "little one" LOL ... I was a big fan of Evan when he was an outstanding PG for Piketon, nice to see him courtside for his alma mater ... I'm sure having you alongside gives him a lot of confidence as well ... see you tomorrow night Coach SLegg !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Beeftips wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:27 pm FWIW, Sheridan did not chose to play this game after the draw. Sheridan had all to gain and FU has all to lose by playing before, that being said before the TValley game. May be different now, who knows. Several games before the draw. I have been a long time follower of this forum but never posted. Great forum and enjoy the updates and info.

... Welcome aboard Beeftips ! ... Fairfield Union NEEDED to play Sheridan before the draw - the losses to Teays Valley and especially Amanda CC hurt the Falcons imo and put Sheridan in a great position of getting the #1 seed IF the coaches go simply by record ... FU needed to play & BEAT Sheridan before the draw to get the #1 seed ... IF the coaches go by strength of schedule the nod of SOS goes to FU but the loss to Amanda CC still hurts them - again making a Sheridan game before the draw a must for Coach Eversole's FU squad ... Sheridan is the clear winner to NOT play this matchup until after the seeding Feb 9th imo for what it's worth ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Did someone say Beeftips?!?! Mmmmm-get in my belly. :D

MTRay23
Freshman Team

Post by MTRay23 »

pfloyd, i think you should have Miami Trace a little higher or at least even with Jackson, who they've beaten and are ahead of in the league. i know they're kind of a Jekyll and Hyde team and you never know what you're going to get from them. But after an 0-4 start, they've turned around and have won 10 of their last 13 and it should've been 12 of 13 if they didn't give up leads late in the 4th qtrs of a couple games. Just a thought.

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Chillicothe over miami Trace big tonight to the tune of 81-39 .

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

So Trace is 10-8 and Jackson is 11-5

Trace did beat Jackson at Jackson...but also Jackson played Chillicothe tight.

Pfloyd can decide

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

South Gallia is (3-1) since Hardy was added to the lineup ... Only set back a 50-47 overtime loss to Symmes Valley.

Come on Floyd ... get em off the end table!!! lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:04 am South Gallia is (3-1) since Hardy was added to the lineup ... Only set back a 50-47 overtime loss to Symmes Valley.

Losing to Symmes Valley not best way to get off end table

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:21 am
93Bulldog wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:04 am South Gallia is (3-1) since Hardy was added to the lineup ... Only set back a 50-47 overtime loss to Symmes Valley.

haha Symmes Valley is (8-7). Not like they lost to Hannan Wv.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Guessing Sheridan reaches the elite 8 this week. 12-2 with 8 straight wins. Jr guard Heller a big time scorer, Heileman with big games always pushing near a double double, 6’4 Emmett, 6’8 junior Amere Royster always the big man in the lane.....

Does Warren also creep into the elite 8? Chillicothe slip out?

West Union and Jackson keep winning and looking at highest pfloyd rankings ever.

Waverly and Eastern Pike keep winning and pushing towards the elite 8

Pfloyd has a lot of work to do! Hope his ouija board is working

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:59 am
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:21 am

haha Symmes Valley is (8-7). Not like they lost to Hannan Wv.
Well Symmes Valley in the league where they play a very soft schedule to compile some wins. Pfloyd had SV at #55. SG has a few wins and could jump up to the low 60’s and exit that end table list. McClain is 1-13 and firmly played on the end pile table and they just took Elite 8 Chillicothe to the brink and were within a bucket inside of a minute.

On a given night really applies here in the SE District

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Very unpredictable from night to night in Se district this year.. more than usual I think

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

beaverlover wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:35 pm Very unpredictable from night to night in Se district this year.. more than usual I think
Agree

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”