... Teams on the End Table ...

Wahama (2-7)
Huntington (2-10)
Portsmouth Notre Dame (1-11)
Portsmouth Clay (2-13)
Greenfield McClain (1-12)
South Gallia (2-9)
Rock Hill (0-9)

Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #8

Post by Ironman92 »

Looks good! You know we appreciate you and can’t wait till Sunday evening for you to get the new one out.

I agree with every single team’s ranking exactly!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think Washington is 2-9, I might be wrong though.

Might have my Whiteoak boys a touch high but they are winning now so I’ll take that highest ranking since 2013.

I know you smiled when you typed VC #8

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:29 pm I think Washington is 2-9, I might be wrong though.

Might have my Whiteoak boys a touch high but they are winning now so I’ll take that highest ranking since 2013.

... :D

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Logan Elm is 5-8....lost 54-50 to Teays Valley on Thursday and beat Liberty Union 55-45 on Saturday.

Great list. Appreciate your hard work.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bman wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:37 pm Logan Elm is 5-8....lost 54-50 to Teays Valley on Thursday and beat Liberty Union 55-45 on Saturday.

Thanks for the correction bman ! good to see you post - hope all is well with you my friend ... I spoke with Coach Stiverson's father at the Logan game last night - he obviously went the LE vs LU game earlier in the day ... told me that LE had 4 freshmen on the court at the same time for the majhority of the game ... that the freshmen accounted for 50 of the Logan Elm 55 points in the win over Liberty Union ... good stuff ! never a doubt in MY mind that Coach Stiverson/Coach Holbert & Coach Dropsey have the 14 year old youngsters full attention ... those "kids" are getting some of the best on the job training they will ever get in this still only half over season ! ...

whsball
Freshman Team

Post by whsball »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:29 pm I think Washington is 2-9, I might be wrong though.

Washington is 2-8 @LE Tues- @Jackson Fri- v Grandview Sat

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:46 pm
bman wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:37 pm Logan Elm is 5-8....lost 54-50 to Teays Valley on Thursday and beat Liberty Union 55-45 on Saturday.

Thanks for the correction bman ! good to see you post - hope all is well with you my friend ... I spoke with Coach Stiverson's father at the Logan game last night - he obviously went the LE vs LU game earlier in the day ... told me that LE had 4 freshmen on the court at the same time for the majhority of the game ... that the freshmen accounted for 50 of the Logan Elm 55 points in the win over Liberty Union ... good stuff ! never a doubt in MY mind that Coach Stiverson/Coach Holbert & Coach Dropsey have the 14 year old youngsters full attention ... those "kids" are getting some of the best on the job training they will ever get in this still only half over season ! ...

To add to their future they have a couple very talented 8th grade players as well.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

whsball wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:49 pm

Washington is 2-8 @LE Tues- @Jackson Fri- v Grandview Sat
Thank You. I saw it posted incorrectly earlier. They may have the most deceptive record of any team in these rankings

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:50 pm

To add to their future they have a couple very talented 8th grade players as well.
... I92 I also believe Coach Holbert's son is in the 7th grade also playing with a talented group ... LE will be back in the Elite 8 sooner than most people think ...

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Spot on. Thanks!

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Looks good!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Annnnnnnnd you didn't take my advice about South Gallia? LOL

Everyone wanting to squabble over the top 8, but ol 93dog watching out for the 'little folk' in the world.

Beating Southern was no fluke, they will start winning games. No team adds more players (or player) after January than the South Gallia rebels, and they did it again this year. They will be off your end table by next Sunday - book it!

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Thanks for posting the elite 8 it's pretty cool keep up the good work and thanks

Burg grad 85
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:12 am Annnnnnnnd you didn't take my advice about South Gallia? LOL

Everyone wanting to squabble over the top 8, but ol 93dog watching out for the 'little folk' in the world.

Beating Southern was no fluke, they will start winning games. No team adds more players (or player) after January than the South Gallia rebels, and they did it again this year. They will be off your end table by next Sunday - book it!
Care to elaborate? How many kids did they add? Was it due to grades, transfers, or what?

Watching SE Ohio basketball
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

It's really disappointing to see the SOC 2 as down as it is. It's down more this year than I can remember in quite some time!

According to pfloyd's rankings:

#3 Oak Hill
#13 Waverly
#17 Wheelersburg

BIG GAP

#36 Minford
#37 South Webster (generous ranking)
#56 Portsmouth West
#57 Northwest (generous ranking, should be on the end table)
#65 Lucasville Valley (generous ranking, should be on the end table)

Oak Hill is legit, Waverly is solid but unfortunately play in D2 so I don't see them making much of a run. Wheelersburg is very athletic and maybe the 2nd favorite to win a D3 SE District title -- or they could lose in the sectional final. Neither would surprise me.

Minford is down but improving. Webster has a lot of tough games upcoming to see where they are, but they haven't beat anyone that has more than 3 wins. West is dropping quickly as expected. Northwest hasn't won a single league game in a down league. Valley, on some nights, is the worst of the bunch. It's weird to see Valley this down, they were absolutely loaded for like 5-6 years straight and have been really bad the last two years and will be just as bad next year.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:33 am It's really disappointing to see the SOC 2 as down as it is. It's down more this year than I can remember in quite some time!

According to pfloyd's rankings:

#3 Oak Hill
#13 Waverly
#17 Wheelersburg

BIG GAP

#36 Minford
#37 South Webster (generous ranking)
#56 Portsmouth West
#57 Northwest (generous ranking, should be on the end table)
#65 Lucasville Valley (generous ranking, should be on the end table)

Oak Hill is legit, Waverly is solid but unfortunately play in D2 so I don't see them making much of a run. Wheelersburg is very athletic and maybe the 2nd favorite to win a D3 SE District title -- or they could lose in the sectional final. Neither would surprise me.

Minford is down but improving. Webster has a lot of tough games upcoming to see where they are, but they haven't beat anyone that has more than 3 wins. West is dropping quickly as expected. Northwest hasn't won a single league game in a down league. Valley, on some nights, is the worst of the bunch. It's weird to see Valley this down, they were absolutely loaded for like 5-6 years straight and have been really bad the last two years and will be just as bad next year.
Two of Waverly’s losses to Oak Hill (early season loss at Oak Hill and a recent 5 point loss at a Waverly) and the other to Eastern in the Holiday Classic (one the Tigers would like to have back).
Since the Eastern loss Waverly is winning the games they are suppose to be winning. Hopefully they continue to improve and are ready for a tournament run.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

smurray wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:18 am

Two of Waverly’s losses to Oak Hill (early season loss at Oak Hill and a recent 5 point loss at a Waverly) and the other to Eastern in the Holiday Classic (one the Tigers would like to have back).
Since the Eastern loss Waverly is winning the games they are suppose to be winning. Hopefully they continue to improve and are ready for a tournament run.
The Tigers are capable to make a little noise for sure. But, D2 SE Ohio is always brutal to come out of. Just as a prediction of the Southeastern sectional seeding I'd think something like:

1.) Fairland
2.) Gallia
3.) Unioto
4.) Waverly
5.) Jackson
6.) Zane Trace

Somewhere along those lines but I could see 4-6 being slightly different. Jackson in a sectional final would be a very difficult matchup! But, I do agree, Waverly is capable.

Braves87
Freshman Team

Post by Braves87 »

Pfloyd or Bman Do you happen to know Coach Stiverson's career record at LE? I know he is one win away from 300 which averages out to being about 15 wins a season. Just a Bball geek here lol. Watched him for many years now. Struggling with the freshmen now but the future is bright!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:28 am
93Bulldog wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:12 am Annnnnnnnd you didn't take my advice about South Gallia? LOL

Care to elaborate? How many kids did they add? Was it due to grades, transfers, or what?
Transfer from Huntington

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”