Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #7

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Oaktown
Freshman Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #7

Post by Oaktown »

svac83 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:54 pm Sorry about that I agree oak hill probably better then blue devils. But I don’t believe any of that because of foundation game. Blue devils played a offense they have not played since. Plus before season started I think we thought we had a fairly tough schedule. Then meigs and Athens have such poor starts the schedule has not been great.

What I will say is now this team is done with the distraction of Peck no Peck they can settle on a style and finally advance.
I won't disagree that Peck had his fair share of issues off the court. Not allowing him to stay on the team is the right thing to do. However, I think Gallia Academy is going to miss his offensive production. There were a couple of games this season that Harrison was forced to play him after he missed practice all week just to stay in the game (which sets a terrible example).

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

Fairfield Union might actually play a game tonight!!!!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Oaktown wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:24 pm
svac83 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:54 pm Sorry about that I agree oak hill probably better then blue devils. But I don’t believe any of that because of foundation game. Blue devils played a offense they have not played since. Plus before season started I think we thought we had a fairly tough schedule. Then meigs and Athens have such poor starts the schedule has not been great.

What I will say is now this team is done with the distraction of Peck no Peck they can settle on a style and finally advance.
I won't disagree that Peck had his fair share of issues off the court. Not allowing him to stay on the team is the right thing to do. However, I think Gallia Academy is going to miss his offensive production. There were a couple of games this season that Harrison was forced to play him after he missed practice all week just to stay in the game (which sets a terrible example).
I find it hard to believe that there is any truth to this. I don’t know all the facts but in 10 regular season games he only dressed for 6 Out of those 6 there are at least 3 others he played 2 quarters or less. In the other 3 games one was blowout to fairland and I know he has been to practice all week. That leaves 2 games. One game I know he was at practice all week for. Because I saw him out there leaving or entering when I was out there working on some things. The other game maybe but that game really wasn’t close.

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

svac83 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:31 am

I find it hard to believe that there is any truth to this. I don’t know all the facts but in 10 regular season games he only dressed for 6 Out of those 6 there are at least 3 others he played 2 quarters or less. In the other 3 games one was blowout to fairland and I know he has been to practice all week. That leaves 2 games. One game I know he was at practice all week for. Because I saw him out there leaving or entering when I was out there working on some things. The other game maybe but that game really wasn’t close.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he dropped 20 in the second half of basketball in one of their games for this very reason.

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

Oaktown wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:13 am
svac83 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:31 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he dropped 20 in the second half of basketball in one of their games for this very reason.

Rumor has it he missed 48 days of school before Christmas. I'm not sure how a kid with that many absences is even on the floor unless you need him to be.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Huge upset

Amanda Clearcreek 58
Fairfield Union 55

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:06 pm Huge upset

Amanda Clearcreek 58
Fairfield Union 55

... Wow ! I didn't see that one coming ... however Amanda DID play last night vs Circleville while Fairfield Union has had only a couple of practices in the last week and half ... big "W" in the MSL for the ACES ! ...

TravisHill22
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill22 »

Teays Valley 54
Logan Elm 50

Final LE loses their 4th straight and 6 of their 7 games

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:11 pm

Amanda Clearcreek 58
Fairfield Union 55

... Wow ! I didn't see that one coming ... however Amanda DID play last night vs Circleville while Fairfield Union has had only a couple of practices in the last week and half ... big "W" in the MSL for the ACES ! ...

I literally just said that same thing to my brother! Big difference in games and practices, no matter what you try. Congrats to Coach Carpenter on the signature win for his Aces program!

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:18 pm
pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:11 pm

Amanda Clearcreek 58
Fairfield Union 55

I literally just said that same thing to my brother! Big difference in games and practices, no matter what you try. Congrats to Coach Carpenter on the signature win for his Aces program!
The weather has played havoc with a lot of teams . Practice, games and no school disrupts routines. Good win though for the Aces. Played a tough game last against Round Town and won 66 to 65. This time of year upsets are going to happen due to a number of things . Was FU missing anyone due to illness or injury ?

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Thought Amanda was a "football" school.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

TravisHill22 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:13 pm Teays Valley 54
Logan Elm 50

LE and Athens are really battling for the bottom seeds this year. Big matchup Jan 27th between these 2 powerhouses. :lol:

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

VisionQuest wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:01 pm
Logan Elm 50

LE and Athens are really battling for the bottom seeds this year. Big matchup Jan 27th between these 2 powerhouses. :lol:
Not to be a jerk, but everyone knew LE was going to have a rough season since they are starting 3 Freshmen. The expectations for the Bulldogs were slightly higher. LE will be back to normal in 2 years, maybe next year.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:47 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:01 pm
Logan Elm 50

Not to be a jerk, but everyone knew LE was going to have a rough season since they are starting 3 Freshmen. The expectations for the Bulldogs were slightly higher. LE will be back to normal in 2 years, maybe next year.
True, LE at least has some kind of Excuse. As far as seeding goes I don't know much about it. In the Logan Sectional there are 10 teams. Who does 8, 9 and 10 play?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Westfall will be the 10th seed. 5-9 is a complete crap shoot right now between Marietta, New Lex, Circleville, Logan Elm and Athens.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

VisionQuest wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:58 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:01 pm LE and Athens are really battling for the bottom seeds this year. Big matchup Jan 27th between these 2 powerhouses. :lol:
True, LE at least has some kind of Excuse. As far as seeding goes I don't know much about it. In the Logan Sectional there are 10 teams. Who does 8, 9 and 10 play?
7 vs 10 and winner plays 2
8 vs 9 and winner plays 1
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

I'd guess Westfall is the 10, they have 3 wins, but against lower division teams with a combined 6 wins.

Marietta and Athens are both 3-9, but Marietta has the head to head. Athens does appear like they should win several games coming up, including against LE, whose is pretty much 5'9 across the board besides their one Senior.
LE is 4-8, New Lex is 4-6, while Circleville is 5-7.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:16 am
VisionQuest wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:58 pm

7 vs 10 and winner plays 2
8 vs 9 and winner plays 1
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

I'd guess Westfall is the 10, they have 3 wins, but against lower division teams with a combined 6 wins.

Marietta and Athens are both 3-9, but Marietta has the head to head. Athens does appear like they should win several games coming up, including against LE, whose is pretty much 5'9 across the board besides their one Senior.
LE is 4-8, New Lex is 4-6, while Circleville is 5-7.
Thanks, should be interesting. And with the Amanda upset of FU, even 1-4 isn't set in stone. Where Warren, VC, FU and Sheridan land may get interesting. Sheridan and FU this Saturday??

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

VisionQuest wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:58 pm Thought Amanda was a "football" school.
15 years ago

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

To be honest that's a great result for LE only losing by 4 to TV.

I was really thinking the fu loss was a bad one, and overall it is, but rust can be real. The 4th quarter they played really well. So maybe they started to find it. Also I guess AC hit 10 3s.. So that's tough to deal with too. Idk... let's see how they play Saturday vs BC.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Falcon01 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:56 am To be honest that's a great result for LE only losing by 4 to TV.

I was really thinking the fu loss was a bad one, and overall it is, but rust can be real. The 4th quarter they played really well. So maybe they started to find it. Also I guess AC hit 10 3s.. So that's tough to deal with too. Idk... let's see how they play Saturday vs BC.
Has FU and Sheridan played yet? If not, when is that game?

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”