Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #3

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Pa Trojan
JV Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #3

Post by Pa Trojan »

Nice win Waverly !! It has certainly been fun the first couple of weeks in SE Ohio

toast
All State

Post by toast »

burgpirater wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:25 pm
toast wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:00 am Nice work! I really like the top 15. Seems accurate to me. :)

My how Athens has fallen. I'm willing to bet they don't end up near that low. 36th

Northwest is not a bad team. Is Portsmouth West at 3-2 really that weak? 55th I've not seen them play yet.

Not sold on Paint Valley being that high (19th) but time will tell. Always look forward to Sunday and the new rankings. Thanks!
soc 2 is way down its oak hill then burg then probably waverly and after that teams are way way down. west is OK i mean not great but id say rankings in the 50s is honest. this is worst ive seen soc in like 10 years if not more what happened to talent in league? so weird to see
I'll tell you what....there is some really really good talent at the Jr. High level. (7th and 8th grade) SOC 2 future is bright! My only hope is that these kids stay at the school where they are presently and don't transfer. Seems to happen a lot. Waverly, Valley, South Webster, Burg, West and Minford, all have some excellent players coming up in the next year or two.
Last edited by toast on Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

I think that Fairland proved to everyone the reason why they are ranked #1. Impressive victory. I think we all can agree that they are #1 lol

Making offers you can't refuse
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Hoopie74: The Wellington School, Africentric, and Harvest Prep are all D3, which makes getting out of the Athens regional for a SE district D3 school much tougher. Chances are 1 of those 3 will make it down US 33 for the Sweet 16.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Portsmouth West only down by 2 to Oak Hill at the half. Wow! I'm thinking West is significantly better than the ranking of 55th. Of course it all works out over time. We shall see.

Some crazy scores lately. I sure wouldn't want to have to rank teams. Lol.

Appreciate all the time and effort to come up with the rankings. Thank you Pfloyd!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

trojandave wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:26 pm Hoopie74: The Wellington School, Africentric, and Harvest Prep are all D3, which makes getting out of the Athens regional for a SE district D3 school much tougher. Chances are 1 of those 3 will make it down US 33 for the Sweet 16.
Thanks trojandave: I just can't help but wonder how many local D4 teams would have been in the final 4 going all the way back to the Wherle years. Several regional finals ended that dream for many of these small local schools since then. A few were fortunate to get thru and congrats to them.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

smurray wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:08 pm How high does Waverly jump after their big win over Wheelersburg and how far does Gallia Acadamy drop after their 47 point loss?
Shouldn’t drop too far. Fairland would kill every team in SEO. They are a complete team. Even FU has no guards and Logan has no post players

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:53 pm
smurray wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:08 pm How high does Waverly jump after their big win over Wheelersburg and how far does Gallia Acadamy drop after their 47 point loss?
Shouldn’t drop too far. Fairland would kill every team in SEO. They are a complete team. Even FU has no guards and Logan has no post players
Fu has no guards???? Come on man. Lucas Thompson is one of the best guards in all of SEO, and Evan Conley is a fantastic PG.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Vito Corleone wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:23 pm I think that Fairland proved to everyone the reason why they are ranked #1. Impressive victory. I think we all can agree that they are #1 lol
Without a doubt #1, by a wide margin.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Compared to Fairland they do not but compared to everyone else they do have good guards

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Well that's not what you said..

And of course Fairland has the best guards. Don't think anyone would argue that.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Falcon01 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:03 pm
Fu has no guards???? Come on man. Lucas Thompson is one of the best guards in all of SEO, and Evan Conley is a fantastic PG.
Sorry but they are just good as there is a number of good Guards. Without Woodside they are good to average .Just my opinion and not to disrespect anyone . Fairland has the complete package and for now we will not see a Elite 8 matchup against Fairland and FU. Again this is just my opinion and I think Woodside gets a lot of double and triple team which frees up the Guards to get space . I know this is up for debate . So go at it . Fairland and take the next 4or 5 and draw out of a hat and rank them they are that close . Pfloyd does an accurate ranking IMO.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

there is still some pretty good games left this week. To see where everyone falls into place in top.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... more key match-ups this week :

12/21 Fairland @ Huntington High School WVa (AAA State Finals last season)

12/22

Logan vs Bloom Carroll
Vinton County vs Alexander
Unioto @ Chillicothe
Oak Hill vs South Webster

12/23

Chillicothe @ Jacskon
Zane Trace @ Logan Elm

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Truth&fiction wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:48 pm
Falcon01 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:03 pm

Sorry but they are just good as there is a number of good Guards. Without Woodside they are good to average .Just my opinion and not to disrespect anyone . Fairland has the complete package and for now we will not see a Elite 8 matchup against Fairland and FU. Again this is just my opinion and I think Woodside gets a lot of double and triple team which frees up the Guards to get space . I know this is up for debate . So go at it . Fairland and take the next 4or 5 and draw out of a hat and rank them they are that close . Pfloyd does an accurate ranking IMO.

I'm not sure why we are comparing fu and Fairland though.
That wasn't the original post... nobody on here, in their right mind,is gonna say they have better guards than Fairland. It was just stated FU doesn't have good guards, which I disagree.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Oh and I agree, it's FAIRLAND

Drop off,

Then debate...

I really don't think anyone here even disputes that.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

If logan plays physical they will beat BC. BC is soft.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Falcon01 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:08 pm Oh and I agree, it's FAIRLAND

Drop off,

Then debate...

I really don't think anyone here even disputes that.
Not one bit. They would be crazy if they did after last night lol

However, I do think the next 5 teams in the rankings have the guard play that would make a game with the Dragons interesting.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Too bad there 's not a Holiday Tourney with the Elite 8 and give half the money to charity. ( the other half to Pfloyd for gas money)lol

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Truth&fiction wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:20 pm Too bad there 's not a Holiday Tourney with the Elite 8 and give half the money to charity. ( the other half to Pfloyd for gas money)lol
There might be something in the works for down the road...

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”