Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #3

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Pa Trojan
JV Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #3

Post by Pa Trojan »

another great thread, things are starting to fall in to place. Trojans host Western, and then travel to Meet The Burg....Lets Go Trojans

Killer Krossover
Waterboy

Post by Killer Krossover »

Great job PFloyd! I agree with your rankings and appreciate all you do for the kids and the basketball programs in SE Ohio.

Hoping the Sherman’s under “General Hoops” take care of business over the next door rival Chillicothe Cavaliers! Going to be another fun one!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

VisionQuest wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:00 pm I sure hope these Yates boys can live up to this Pressure everyone is putting on them. We know about Naylon, 19 year old Elite Athlete. But Nevin is still an unknown. He is a junior who saw some playing time at the Varsity level as a Sophomore. Last year VC had Bartoe and Jones which took some pressure off Naylon. This year they have Speakman. I just think everyone saying when the Yates brothers are back everything is going to be all Hunky Dory is a bit premature. I guess time will tell.

19 year old elite athlete. That's a nice backhand towards a high school kid. I hope that made you feel better about yourself. Smh..

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Dundas wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:30 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:00 pm I sure hope these Yates boys can live up to this Pressure everyone is putting on them. We know about Naylon, 19 year old Elite Athlete. But Nevin is still an unknown. He is a junior who saw some playing time at the Varsity level as a Sophomore. Last year VC had Bartoe and Jones which took some pressure off Naylon. This year they have Speakman. I just think everyone saying when the Yates brothers are back everything is going to be all Hunky Dory is a bit premature. I guess time will tell.

19 year old elite athlete. That's a nice backhand towards a high school kid. I hope that made you feel better about yourself. Smh..
Only one school that this poster won't insult or criticize in any way. Very immature post by a great kid.

socsportsfan1
Freshman Team

Post by socsportsfan1 »

Symmes Valley is 2-3. They have wins against South Gallia, and Notre Dame (both winless). I would think they are a little high on the list. Still early and a lot of settling to take place. Also think Western, with 1 win (against Symmes Valley) is a little bit high.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

socsportsfan1 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:15 pm Symmes Valley is 2-3. They have wins against South Gallia, and Notre Dame (both winless). I would think they are a little high on the list. Still early and a lot of settling to take place. Also think Western, with 1 win (against Symmes Valley) is a little bit high.
... thanks socsportsfan1 - I'll fix the Symmes Valley record ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... almost 1200 views in less than 24 hours - not bad folks ...

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Lot of average teams at best. Some will get better, many will get worse. Wish every one the best !

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

E High wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:32 am Lot of average teams at best. Some will get better, many will get worse. Wish every one the best !
That's the type of pure positivity that can only be taught after midnight lol not saying they are wrong though.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Nice work! I really like the top 15. Seems accurate to me. :)

My how Athens has fallen. I'm willing to bet they don't end up near that low. 36th

Northwest is not a bad team. Is Portsmouth West at 3-2 really that weak? 55th I've not seen them play yet.

Not sold on Paint Valley being that high (19th) but time will tell. Always look forward to Sunday and the new rankings. Thanks!

burgpirater
Riding the Bench

Post by burgpirater »

toast wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:00 am Nice work! I really like the top 15. Seems accurate to me. :)

My how Athens has fallen. I'm willing to bet they don't end up near that low. 36th

Northwest is not a bad team. Is Portsmouth West at 3-2 really that weak? 55th I've not seen them play yet.

Not sold on Paint Valley being that high (19th) but time will tell. Always look forward to Sunday and the new rankings. Thanks!
soc 2 is way down its oak hill then burg then probably waverly and after that teams are way way down. west is OK i mean not great but id say rankings in the 50s is honest. this is worst ive seen soc in like 10 years if not more what happened to talent in league? so weird to see

Taco82
Waterboy

Post by Taco82 »

I’d put Waverly in the top 8. Only loss is to Oak Hill.

Taco82
Waterboy

Post by Taco82 »

burgpirater wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:25 pm
toast wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:00 am Nice work! I really like the top 15. Seems accurate to me. :)

soc 2 is way down its oak hill then burg then probably waverly and after that teams are way way down. west is OK i mean not great but id say rankings in the 50s is honest. this is worst ive seen soc in like 10 years if not more what happened to talent in league? so weird to see

We will see tonight. I see Waverly winning by 10 though. Oak Hill is team to definitely beat in SOC.

!!!
Waterboy

Post by !!! »

socsportsfan1 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:15 pm Symmes Valley is 2-3. They have wins against South Gallia, and Notre Dame (both winless). I would think they are a little high on the list. Still early and a lot of settling to take place. Also think Western, with 1 win (against Symmes Valley) is a little bit high.
Western is actually 2-2. Wins against Symmes Valley and Notre Dame, albeit neither team is doing very well. 3-2 after defeating Clay tonight.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Friday Peebles travel to Owensville to take on CNE who have three players over 6'5"" including a 6'7 player Good luck indians on this tall order.
Last edited by Hoopie74 on Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

How high does Waverly jump after their big win over Wheelersburg and how far does Gallia Acadamy drop after their 47 point loss?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I think the winner of the Pike County Classic will likely find themselves in the Elite 8 going into the New Year.

Tough start on the back end of the Elite 8 so far. Just really difficult to get a read, but it will slowly play itself out.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Is Wellington D4 this year or D3?

Taco82
Waterboy

Post by Taco82 »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:21 pm I think the winner of the Pike County Classic will likely find themselves in the Elite 8 going into the New Year.

Tough start on the back end of the Elite 8 so far. Just really difficult to get a read, but it will slowly play itself out.
The way Waverly played tonight against a good shooting Wheelersburg team I can see them battling. The farther the season goes the better they are getting. They just need to start knocking down FT attempts. 50% from the line isn’t going to get it. Almost lost a close one tonight from not making easy points

Lovebball42
Freshman Team

Post by Lovebball42 »

Hoopie74 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:53 pm Is Wellington D4 this year or D3?
D3

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”