Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #3

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #3

Post by biggdowgg »

On a rare Wednesday night game,Portsmouth beat western 76 to 55.

More coaches scouting the fans in the house

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:37 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:53 pm
smurray wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:08 pm How high does Waverly jump after their big win over Wheelersburg and how far does Gallia Acadamy drop after their 47 point loss?
Shouldn’t drop too far. Fairland would kill every team in SEO. They are a complete team. Even FU has no guards and Logan has no post players
As Falcon01 stated, FU has guards.

I would also disagree to the statement that Logan has no post players. They may not have a true big man, but Landis (6'7) and Myers (6'5) have been extremely productive scoring and playing defense in the post this year.
Both your post players are producing scoring but are not physical defensive players . Just an observation .Logan a legit top 2-4 for a number of reason . On a given night could play or beat anyone . They beat a good team to start the season. FU has the physical post defense they are a legit 2-4 . They might win out the regular season ,then make a deep run in tourney.IMO

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Truth&fiction wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:23 pm
Chieftain2009 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:37 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:53 pm

Shouldn’t drop too far. Fairland would kill every team in SEO. They are a complete team. Even FU has no guards and Logan has no post players
As Falcon01 stated, FU has guards.

I would also disagree to the statement that Logan has no post players. They may not have a true big man, but Landis (6'7) and Myers (6'5) have been extremely productive scoring and playing defense in the post this year.
Both your post players are producing scoring but are not physical defensive players . Just an observation .Logan a legit top 2-4 for a number of reason . On a given night could play or beat anyone . They beat a good team to start the season. FU has the physical post defense they are a legit 2-4 . They might win out the regular season ,then make a deep run in tourney.IMO
T&F, I was just disagreeing with what Raider said, which means someone proved him wrong, once again. He said, I quote, "Logan has no post players" and he also said "FU has no guards".

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Raider is normally trying to poke fun at certain schools . My observation is both Logan and FU have a different style for success . Logan causes match up problems because 1 thru 5 can shoot and handle the ball extremely well. FU is a Difficult match up because of their physical presence in the post . That frees up their shooters. Both play very good D . Both worthy of praise .

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Raider can be a :oops: :oops: :oops: at times. Just when you think it is okay to agree with him... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #3 ...

1. Fairland (4-0) ... dismantled Gallia Academy 97-50
2. Fairfield Union (3-1) ... come from behind "W" over Hamilton Twp 59-48
3. Oak Hill (5-0) ... 51-29 "W" over Portsmouth West
4. Logan (4-0) ... road "W" vs Heath 55-45
5. Unioto (4-1) ... travels down the road to Chillicothe Friday night
6. Chillicothe (4-1) ... 76-62 winners over a good Hillsboro team... starts 3 gms/3 days tonight @ Marion Franklin, Unioto, @ Jackson
7. Gallia Academy (5-0) ... lost at Fairland 50-97
8. Piketon (5-1) ... off until 12/29 & 30th at the Pike County Holiday Classic

... TreeHugger Wannabees ...

Vinton County (2-3)
Portsmouth (4-1)
Zane Trace (4-2)
Jackson (5-1)
Sheridan (3-1)
Fairfield Leesburg (5-1)
15 Wheelersburg (1-0)

Peebles (3-1)
Warren (3-1)
Waverly (4-1)
Paint Valley (4-3)
20 Coal Grove (3-1)

Miller (4-0)
Hillsboro (4-3)
Trimble (3-0)
West Union (3-2)
25 Eastern Brown (2-3)

Southern (4-1)
Alexander (4-1)
Waterford (2-2)
South Webster (3-2)
30 Eastern Pike (4-2)

Logan Elm (2-2)
South Point (2-2)
Lynchburg Clay (2-2)
Miami Trace (2-4)
35 Crooksville (3-2)

Athens (2-5)
Ironton (1-3)
Washington CH (1-3)
Nelsonville York (2-1)
40 New Boston (5-1)

Marietta (1-3)
Minford (2-3)
Southeastern (3-3)
New Lexington (1-1)
45 North Adams (2-3)

St. Joseph (3-2)
Whiteoak (1-4)
Green (3-2)
Manchester (2-4)
50 Symmes Valley (2-3)

Greenfield McClain (1-4)
Westfall (2-4)
Circleville (1-4)
Western Pike (1-3)
55 Portsmouth West (3-2)

Wellston (2-3)
Belpre (1-3)
Chesapeake (1-4)
Wahama (0-3)
60 Reedsville Eastern (1-2)

Portsmouth East (2-2)
Northwest (2-4)
River Valley (2-5)

... Teams on the End Table ...

Adena (0-5)
Meigs (0-7)
Portsmouth Clay (1-7)
Portsmouth Notre Dame (0-5)
Lucasville Valley (0-4)
Rock Hill (0-4)
Huntington (0-5)
Federal Hocking (0-3)
South Gallia (0-3)

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

Looking at the top 8, I like it other than Piketon. I see them trending downward. I think Vinton Co will trend upward to the top 8.

Making offers you can't refuse
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Is Chillicothe schedule for real?

I picture the AD and his assistant sitting in the office. Telephones and calendars ready. “ this new league —- you think it’s tough enough?” “ I’m not sure.... I tell you what—- let’s schedule Thursday night @ Marion Franklin and then play a rivalry game Friday Night vs Unioto before playing the League foe Jackson— Saturday night — on the ROAD!

Goodness. Coach Huffer and team— good luck to you.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LucasDavenport wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:20 pm Is Chillicothe schedule for real?

I picture the AD and his assistant sitting in the office. Telephones and calendars ready. “ this new league —- you think it’s tough enough?” “ I’m not sure.... I tell you what—- let’s schedule Thursday night @ Marion Franklin and then play a rivalry game Friday Night vs Unioto before playing the League foe Jackson— Saturday night — on the ROAD!

I know right!!! ... LucasDavenport I'll have to check BUT I believe they have yet another stretch of 3 games back to back to back !!! - I don't get it ... does the AD think that playing your butt off for 32 minutes on back to back nights doesn't take it out of a TEAM? then to add a 3rd game on the back end , a league game at that ON THE ROAD ! (shaking my head) ... not my circus LOL ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:27 pm
LucasDavenport wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:20 pm Is Chillicothe schedule for real?

I know right!!! ... LucasDavenport I'll have to check BUT I believe they have yet another stretch of 3 games back to back to back !!! - I don't get it ... does the AD think that playing your butt off for 32 minutes on back to back nights doesn't take it out of a TEAM? then to add a 3rd game on the back end , a league game at that ON THE ROAD ! (shaking my head) ... not my circus LOL ...

Next week. Thursday, Friday at Thomas Worthington, and Saturday at Logan Elm. Crazy.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

They do have 3 consecutive games next week. Thursday — Saturday. All on the road.

Yeah.

Think about that.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:27 pm

Good thing Christmas is Monday.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

They play 9 games in 16 days with the majority on the road. In that stretch, they play back to back to back , TWICE!!! The athletic director put it to the Cavs

football life
Freshman Team

Post by football life »

You guys are giving the A.D. too much credit.. The coach usually has most say in the schedule, the A.D. just finalizes the details with the opposing admin. Young new coaches usually rely on the A.D. more, but With Huffer being somewhat of a seasoned vet, I'd say he FOR WHATEVER REASON gets credit for this gauntlet.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Well, someone scheduled a girls game at Chillicothe at 3:00 pm on a Thursday, so that one might go on the shoulders of the AD.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Fairfield 76- Georgetown 75

football life
Freshman Team

Post by football life »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:40 pm Well, someone scheduled a girls game at Chillicothe at 3:00 pm on a Thursday, so that one might go on the shoulders of the AD.
lol.. yeah that is a head scratcher fo sho :lol:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Hoopie74 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:58 pm Fairfield 76- Georgetown 75
... thanks Hoopie74 ! ...

So far for Thursday night 12/21 :

Fairfield Leesburg 76
Georgetown 75

Fairland 58
Huntington High School, W.Va 45

Chillicothe 66
Marion Franklin 53

... all finals ... any other games played tonight that we need to track ? the Holiday schedules are the worst ! next week gets even more difficult as a few of our teams (Fairland) will be heading out of state to play in holiday action (smh) ...

football life
Freshman Team

Post by football life »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:40 pm Well, someone scheduled a girls game at Chillicothe at 3:00 pm on a Thursday, so that one might go on the shoulders of the AD.
I bet it was a courtesy to the opponent. they were down here for a 2 games prolly wanted to get back home before midnight. i don't like it or agree with it, but i bet that is the reason.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Georgetown is a really good team. Quality win for Fairfield. Georgetown is now 4-2 on the season

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”