Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #2

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #2

Post by 93Bulldog »

Truth&fiction wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:51 am
bburner wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:14 pm I hope the NY boys get wind of there #33 ranking; while the Vikings sit at # 9.
Perhaps after this week & a win vs Athens, they will get some respect.
Now you just motivated the Bulldogs . I'll take Athens by 10 . Before your comment it was a toss up .Lol
With the number of players Athens will be missing, Vegas probably will have NY favored by 10. lol

bburner
Freshman Team

Post by bburner »

Falcon01 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:36 am High school kids should definitely get really upset and use these rankings to motivate them... come on! Pfloyd does an incredible job, and puts a ton of effort into SE Ohio basketball. If you take it personal or if the kids do, then that's on you/them.
Agreed. Love this forum. The back n forth banter is what makes it fun - good point.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Can't complain about someone putting an elite out there to go with if you are the only one doing it.
It is a lot of difference between making one up and not putting the time in and doing it like Pfloyd does. Him and his wife put serious time and work into to this elite. But it is sort of fun to read the disagreements and Floyd probably enjoys most of them too. It just wouldn't be basketball season on here without the Elite.

Thanks for the great read.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
golfis4me
Riding the Bench

Post by golfis4me »

Pfloyd,

Thanks for the rankings as always!

South Point is 1-1. The loss was a close one to a very good Paul Blazer (Ashland, KY) team. Link: https://goo.gl/SKKn2n. Here's a link to a story on the win against South Webster: http://www.irontontribune.com/2017/12/1 ... eps-61-51/

It looks like the OVC is going to be really tough this year. We should see some teams make deep runs come tournament time. Coal Grove will be really dangerous in D4 after playing their schedule.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Still early in the season, but very encouraged by the play of the 3-0 Trojans. So far in 3 games, Portsmouth is averaging 85 PPG, and have had 3 different players lead the team in scoring. Reese Johnson led vs. Toledo Jones Academy with 31, sophomore Matthew Fraulini led vs. Huntington St.Joe with 20, and Daniel Jordan led vs. Portsmouth West with 17. PHS is getting very good play from its bench also. Gabe Gambill had 15 pts. vs. West subbing in for Isaac Kelly.

I really feel that the 2017-2018 Trojans have the chance to be Portsmouth's best team since the 2014-2015 team with Sky Oliver, Alex Dickerson, Kyre Allison, Kendal Reynolds. and Ethan Leonard being the starters on that squad. That Trojans unit lost in the regional final to Columbus Eastmoor Academy 49-45. This year's Trojans have much more of a presence in the paint, quite different than the finesse teams of the last couple of years. Isaac Kelly, Gabe Gambill, and Myquel McKinley can all rotate on the frontline, giving PHS good depth down low.

The Trojans will have their share of tough challenges in an OVC that could possibly see teams represented in the regionals in D2, D3, and D4 (Coal Grove).
Last edited by trojandave on Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:13 pm Can't complain about someone putting an elite out there to go with if you are the only one doing it.
It is a lot of difference between making one up and not putting the time in and doing it like Pfloyd does. Him and his wife put serious time and work into to this elite. But it is sort of fun to read the disagreements and Floyd probably enjoys most of them too. It just wouldn't be basketball season on here without the Elite.

Thanks for the great read.
Mrs Floyd has input in the elite 8?

Lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Mrs. Pfloyd (ranks teams according to uniform colors), I use my Ouija Board, a Magic 8 Ball ... often times I phone a friend/poll the audience/ or just have ties in the rankings when all else fails ... it's ALL taken into account 93bulldog ! including whether I get a team T-shirt, game passes, free twizzlers or tootsie rolls LOL ... seriously though - Mrs Pfloyd doesn't go to as many games anymore - she tells me I'm not any fun - keeping napkin stats, talking to people other than her, people coming up in the stands to say hello ... she's NOT the purple hippo's biggest fan LOL ... I do appreciate when she can/will keep me company on some of the long trips to Chesapeake or Portsmouth ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

golfis4me wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:55 pm Pfloyd,

Thanks for the rankings as always!

South Point is 1-1. The loss was a close one to a very good Paul Blazer (Ashland, KY) team. Link: https://goo.gl/SKKn2n. Here's a link to a story on the win against South Webster: http://www.irontontribune.com/2017/12/1 ... eps-61-51/

It looks like the OVC is going to be really tough this year. We should see some teams make deep runs come tournament time. Coal Grove will be really dangerous in D4 after playing their schedule.
... Thanks golfis4me ! it's hard to get ALL of the scores sometimes - it's greatly appreciated when I DO get corrected - I don't mind at all as we ALL want to get it right whether we are talking scores/records/players names ... thanks again ...

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Irontons (1-1)

They lost 5 Dec to Spring Valley, WV 73-63 at Spring Valley.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

My Peake will experience some growing pains this year. Starting one senior 3 sophomores and one freshmen it will be an interesting season.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I was disappointed that Portsmouth did not accept the challenge of playing up in competition in the Buckeye Elite National Showcase. I thought they might have wanted to play a Northridge or Africentric. I was surprised they choose to play West in a Saturday afternoon game instead of playing in the Showcase.

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

The time and effort pfloyd puts into his rankings is uncomparable, not even the NCAA playoff goofs .Been reading this thread for years, and each year when its all said and done Floyd is usually right on top of it. Without this thread Id be lost

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:53 pm I was disappointed that Portsmouth did not accept the challenge of playing up in competition in the Buckeye Elite National Showcase. I thought they might have wanted to play a Northridge or Africentric. I was surprised they choose to play West in a Saturday afternoon game instead of playing in the Showcase.
Last edited by biggdowgg on Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:53 pm I was disappointed that Portsmouth did not accept the challenge of playing up in competition in the Buckeye Elite National Showcase. I thought they might have wanted to play a Northridge or Africentric. I was surprised they choose to play West in a Saturday afternoon game instead of playing in the Showcase.
Im not sure but I think you play who they match you up in these tournaments,I am sure that coach Collins does not back away from challenging his kids,last year we played Africentric ,we have played Huntington prep before He takes his kids to Florida every few years to play in a tournament with some good teams. I know in one of these tournaments this year we was supposed to play Chillicothe and they decided not to play. we play west every year so that game was already on the schedule.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

pfloyd,

As a long time reader and poster, just wanted to tell you I genuinely appreciate your rankings and posts. It's no easy task and takes a ton of time for you, not to mention not receiving any pay for it. Of course there's going to be negative opinions on where you place teams, remember we're talking about Little Johnny's here!

You're what makes the basketball forum on preps. I sincerely thank you for your time and effort into your posts.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

i also want to express how much I appreciate pfloyd. I argue sometimes with his rankings but it is all in fun. Basketball season would be a lot less fun without his rankings and the ability to keep up with all of the teams in the area. I hope he makes an appearance at the Pike County Holiday Classic again this year so I can introduce myself to him. I will bring the twizzlers!

EagleEye3
Riding the Bench

Post by EagleEye3 »

One of the best things we've got going for SE Ohio basketball, thanks pfloyd

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Nice defensive stand tonight by Coalgrove to take the Win over Portsmouth
57-55 Cg final . Great game

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Waterboy wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:23 pm Nice defensive stand tonight by Coalgrove to take the Win over Portsmouth
57-55 Cg final . Great game
Good win

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Waterford lost by 10 to Miller

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”