Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week - Official Pre-Season Rankings

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
VisionQuest
All State

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week - Official Pre-Season Rankings

Post by VisionQuest »

Truth&fiction wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:01 am Love reading all the input in all the threads . They are very entertaining and fun to read . Caution to all that read them that if your favorite team or players are not mentioned or fictional statements are made do not get upset. This is a tool for some to promote their agenda and reflect THEIR opinions . It does give us the better teams in SEO and allows us to follow scores and updates on game night . A lot is someones opinion , some is to promote certain teams and some to promote certain players . The TRUTH is there are teams year in and year out that have great success in SEO because they are great programs and that makes good stories . The TRUTH is there are teams on the rise and that makes a good story . Some things that are written there is a lot of TRUTH and some of the things are written that makes a GREAT story is FICTION . Read and enjoy but as fans support YOUR TEAM , fill the Gyms and enjoy the game . High School Basketball is here and SEO is loaded with really good teams and a lot of really good players . Post your thoughts and be accurate . There is no better place to to get stories and updates than SEOP . Thanks to all that make it possible . Good luck to all the Teams in SEO
But wait, Drama and Mis-Information helps keep those Adverstising $$$$ rolling in to SEOPREPS .No-one wants boring Statistics and Run-Downs...Just like in the Movie and Advertising business where Sex Sells!!! You all have it wrong here at SEOPREPS. :D :lol:

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week - Official Pre-Season Rankings

Post by danicalifornia »

Are there any Foundation Games of note coming up? While they are just glorified scrimmages and most coaches don't go all out, they are fun because they are for a good cause and help get some fans out before the regular season begins.

I know of 2 that are on Tuesday:
Unioto at Vinton County
Oak Hill at Gallia Academy

Any others? Hoping everyone stays healthy throughout the preseason/year.

JEEPNATION
Riding the Bench

Post by JEEPNATION »

I'm not kidding one bit when I say I think Oak Hill will be the #1 team on this list halfway through the season. Lost one game in the regular season last year - ONE - returned EVERYONE and added a 6'5" stud in Darby.

Team has a legitimate chance at a state title.. The problem is Africentric/Harvest Prep/Wellington all moved up to Division 3 in their regional. That could be a potential problem.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

VisionQuest wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:51 am
Truth&fiction wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:01 am Love reading all the input in all the threads . They are very entertaining and fun to read . Caution to all that read them that if your favorite team or players are not mentioned or fictional statements are made do not get upset. This is a tool for some to promote their agenda and reflect THEIR opinions . It does give us the better teams in SEO and allows us to follow scores and updates on game night . A lot is someones opinion , some is to promote certain teams and some to promote certain players . The TRUTH is there are teams year in and year out that have great success in SEO because they are great programs and that makes good stories . The TRUTH is there are teams on the rise and that makes a good story . Some things that are written there is a lot of TRUTH and some of the things are written that makes a GREAT story is FICTION . Read and enjoy but as fans support YOUR TEAM , fill the Gyms and enjoy the game . High School Basketball is here and SEO is loaded with really good teams and a lot of really good players . Post your thoughts and be accurate . There is no better place to to get stories and updates than SEOP . Thanks to all that make it possible . Good luck to all the Teams in SEO
But wait, Drama and Mis-Information helps keep those Adverstising $$$$ rolling in to SEOPREPS .No-one wants boring Statistics and Run-Downs...Just like in the Movie and Advertising business where Sex Sells!!! You all have it wrong here at SEOPREPS. :D :lol:
Then I guess you would consider the source and their past history at posting . Then decide for yourself . Nothing wrong with trying to improve being accurate . I would not call Pfloyd Run down boring . They are pretty accurate !

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Truth&fiction wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:48 am
VisionQuest wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:51 am
Then I guess you would consider the source and their past history at posting . Then decide for yourself . Nothing wrong with trying to improve being accurate . I would not call Pfloyd Run down boring . They are pretty accurate !
Just A little Sarcasm on this Fine Morning Truth and Fiction. Lol. I did like your Post by the Way. Fake News is Everywhere these Days. I would say Fake News was on this Forum long before it became a Thing on FB and in the Mainstream Media. We just didn't know to classify it as Such.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Nothing wrong with a little Sarcasm on a cold morning. Sorry if I came off as being too serious . Fake News is everywhere these days that's why I like the TRUTH and FICTION drives me CRAZY. Lol. Good luck to your TEAM this season !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... looking forward to getting the hoops season rolling this week ! Friday morning I'm heading down to Oak Hill to see the Oaks take on Warren and Gallia Academy at 10:30am , make a stop in Athens on the way back to Logan to catch some of the Shriners Preview (and grab a program) ...

Killer Krossover
Waterboy

Post by Killer Krossover »

PFloyd, looks like we will be missing a 'Big' piece of the puzzle from The Shermans....what I feared the most for the U has been confirmed. Hill is no longer with team, which leaves a large void in the paint.

Though I still believe the Tanks are capable of winning the league and having a great season, this does affect them. Shwachammer will be relied upon more now as a scorer.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:38 pm ... looking forward to getting the hoops season rolling this week ! Friday morning I'm heading down to Oak Hill to see the Oaks take on Warren and Gallia Academy at 10:30am , make a stop in Athens on the way back to Logan to catch some of the Shriners Preview (and grab a program) ...

I'll save ya a seat at the table, Floyd ...

No reason to sit in the cheap seats when you're 'famous' buddy.

:mrgreen:

Lightle72
Riding the Bench

Post by Lightle72 »

I look for Waverly and Piketon to sneak up the rankings as the season goes on. Piketon getting Tanner Purdue is huge he is a top ten talent in our area. And as Waverly’s health improves so will their team and depth.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Great day of hoops today !!! traveled to Oak Hill to watch Oak Hill host Warren and Portsmouth this morning - 3 teams with outstanding coaching ! Portsmouth with Coach Collins, Oak Hill & Coach Persin to go with Warren and Coach Maddox ... Oak Hill was impressive, an outstanding starting 5 with Nolan Carroll, Landon Carroll, Mitchell Hale, Mason Darby, Brett Long ... the ONLY score I recall was Oak Hill over Portsmouth in the opening matchup 26-13 ... the Portsmouth contingent on SEOPs has posted that PHS will be better than last year's Trojans - I agree ! very active defensively and offensively ... extremely quick across the board for PHS AND Coach Collins can go deep into his bench ... 16+ W's for PHS is not out of the question - their TEAM speed & defense will cause opponents fits imo ... Warren was the youngest of the teams there - the youth showed in that the Warren TEAM is a work in progress ... right now the Warriors have one scoring option - senior Josh Huffman in the paint (not a bad option LOL) - everyone else is felling their way offensively - figuring out their roles, where/when they should get THEIR shot ... the talent is there for Warren albeit lots of youngsters ( look for a couple of freshmen to earn significant PT this season) ... WHS plays the solid, man to man D that all Coach Maddox TEAMS are noted for ... they WILL score in runs in transition ... I look for a lot of players to see the floor until the perimeter scorers & those capable of getting to the rim step up ... Warren will be one of those teams that you better get them early or you might not get them once the youngin's figure out their roles ...

... I left Oak Hill as all teams were mixing up lineups - I headed to Athens to catch a look at the TVC preview/Shriners Preview ... obviously I wanted to get a look at both Athens & Vinton County (neither of which played each other) ... Vinton County took on Southern and Athens played South Gallia lots of "things" confirmed - Athens & Vinton County are both quality ball clubs ... Vinton County played without the services of Nevan & Naylan Yates (2 starters) VC has inside size with 6-8 Bryce Damron, 6-6 Cameron Hamon, 6-5 Eli Griffith ... all 3 did not see the floor at the same time ... All 3 are active under the boards ... Naylan Yates (out with an ankle injury) stands at 6-3 BUT is one of my picks for SE Ohio POY is a starter ... Jake Speakman turned up the offense as he has always been able to get to the rim now he has the 3 point and mid range shots as well AND he takes them! the ball is in his hands which makes him extremely dangerous ... VC perimeter shooting will once again be outstanding Speakman/Yates & Shawn McCarty ... Vinton County is STILL the TEAM to beat in the TVC ... enter the Athens Bulldogs - I left after one quarter as Athens had pitched a shutout vs South Gallia 33-0 ... Athens has size/strength, ballhandlers, inside/outside scoring, a deep bench and they play defense ... the Bulldogs will be a team that will be dangerous for any of the top teams to take on and HAVE TO get a "W" against - Bulldog eyes have to be on a trip to the Convo in the post season ... I was especially impressed by the defense / the quickness on the perimeter - the addition of Elijah Willams on the perimeter off the bench is going to pay dividends in the transition game ... perimeter scoring starts with Dalton Cozart but add Koska/Albin ... I told 93bulldog today that I can see Athens pressuring the ball for 32 minutes - so much depth and 6-3/6-4 size vs the lower level teams there will be a lot of games like vs South Gallia today (33-0 after 1 qtr) ...

... my kind of day today ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Good run down Floyd ... sorry I ate all the twizzlers ... lol

A week from today!

Athens vs Gallia ... great season opener, IMO.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Feeling better and better about my Trojan's, I could not make the pteveiws but heard we lost like 36 to 30 against gahs which is not bad I know coach Collins along with other coaches does not play their starter all the time ,in fact a heard everyone on our bench got in as I'm sure did gahs.

After seeing some of these scores makes me more positive, especially Athens we split two qtrs with them, beat waverly one out of three and the other two qtrs was competitive, beat paint valley with the big boy two out of three, I did hear we lost two qtrs to oak hill but still, things are looking good,all this is only two qtrs of practice ball but you can still get a little ideal ,can't wait to see everyone starters go at it for full games.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Have watched most of the Portsmouth scrimmages, and even though I don't put a lot of stock in what happens, I think there are a few things that I have come away with about the Trojans......we definitely have more presence in the paint, both defensively and offensively, and I really like our guard play. I am like biggdowgg, I am anxious to see our Trojans starting lineup and how they will jell as a unit.......the pieces are there, but a chemistry has to develop, and with Coach Collins, we have a coach who will get this done.

GO TROJANS!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I have my Basketball Big Board set up and ready to begin plotting game results , the Pfloyd Napkin Stat books are ready to go, a couple of pencils, the Pfloyd phone to get pics of the scorebook lineups from the scorers' table , a new OU cinch bag to carry stuff including the bags of Twizzlers to games ... I'm ready for tip off Friday night !!!

... I'm heading to Unioto Friday night to see my Purple & White taking on the SVC favorite Shermans of Coach Hoops ... on the trip BACK to Logan from the U I'm stopping in to Zane Trace to catch a big portion of the Vinton County vs Bloom Carroll matchup that tips off at 8:30 pm with any luck at all one of the 2 games leading off the evening at the ZT Classic will go OT so I can catch the whole game at ZT ! LOL ...

... haven't decided on Saturday yet , the Zane Trace Tip Off will have their Day 2 of games beginning at 12 noon ...

12 ... Adena vs Berne Union
1:45 ... Minford vs Grandview Heights
3:30 girls game
5:15 ... Huntington vs Nelsonville York
7:00 ... Paint Valley vs Amanda CC
8:30ish ... Circleville vs Zane Trace

... I'll keep looking at Arbiter and see who else is playing on Saturday that I NEED to see ...

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:36 pm ... I have my Basketball Big Board set up and ready to begin plotting game results , the Pfloyd Napkin Stat books are ready to go, a couple of pencils, the Pfloyd phone to get pics of the scorebook lineups from the scorers' table , a new OU cinch bag to carry stuff including the bags of Twizzlers to games ... I'm ready for tip off Friday night !!!

... I'm heading to Unioto Friday night to see my Purple & White taking on the SVC favorite Shermans of Coach Hoops ... on the trip BACK to Logan from the U I'm stopping in to Zane Trace to catch a big portion of the Vinton County vs Bloom Carroll matchup that tips off at 8:30 pm with any luck at all one of the 2 games leading off the evening at the ZT Classic will go OT so I can catch the whole game at ZT ! LOL ...

... haven't decided on Saturday yet , the Zane Trace Tip Off will have their Day 2 of games beginning at 12 noon ...

12 ... Adena vs Berne Union
1:45 ... Minford vs Grandview Heights
3:30 girls game
5:15 ... Huntington vs Nelsonville York
7:00 ... Paint Valley vs Amanda CC
8:30ish ... Circleville vs Zane Trace

... I'll keep looking at Arbiter and see who else is playing on Saturday that I NEED to see ...

Can't wait to read your Rundowns. Keep up the good work and be safe out there.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens will face a 7'1 center on Friday night.
And will face a 7'0 center on Saturday at Watterson.

How often has that happened?

Two different 7-footers in two days ... lol

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Is the Gallia center really 7ft 1in ?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Truth&fiction wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:33 am Is the Gallia center really 7ft 1in ?
I've seen 6'11 and 7'0, but either way, he's a big boy with a big future.

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Saw him at the previews. I think he is shy of 7 ft. but not by much 6-10ish. Caught a alley oop pass off the baseline onehanded and threw it down. Impressive! Thing is he moves well and is not prone to foul trouble as he is not real aggressive yet.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”