9. Hillsboro
10. Westfall
11. Piketon
12. Amanda

strokn7
Riding the Bench

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Preseason 1

Post by strokn7 »

Bloom Carroll is also without their All-State guard right now. They will be a LOAD when he returns.

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Fairfield Union 56
New Lex 36

Good start for the falcons under new coach Coffman but NL is not a good team at all. FU will still not win many games this year either but at least they may have some fun playing ball again.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... strokn7 - absolutely right on BC ... Schmitz WILL BE the difference for the Bulldogs when he returns until then? the perimeter game wasn't there last night, Manley at 6-5 has a nice game but isn't able to create for himself (based on yesterdays game) - has to have a set up man Schmitz is the missing piece for sure, Bachman got it going in the 2nd half but he does his damage at the expense of forgetting about the best player on the court - Manley - fails to get him involved at all , hence Manley having only 3 points in the 2nd half while Bachman picked up 13 ... bottom line is that the team BC puts on the floor right now is without a PG who can get all of the BC weapons for Coach Petty's working as a team at both ends of the floor ...

...had I based my ranking of yesterday's games on potential - BC would have been right there with Logan Elm at the top ... they have size, speed, missing was the perimeter game but with a PG who can penetrate the Bachmans, Laski's, James etc will see a lot more spot up 3's ...

Bloom Carroll 60
Piketon 38

Pfloyd Napkin Stats - Bloom Carroll vs Piketon

Scoring ... Brandon Manley 18, Jordan Bachman 18, Zach Swartz & Jared Laski 6 a piece, Samuel Bordner 4, Tyler Sorg 1

3 pointers ... 6/17 ... Manley 2, Bachman 2, James 1, Laski 1

FT's ... 8/14

TO's ... 12

... BC SHOULD have totally dismantled the Piketon team that was on the floor BUT didn't - even tho 60-38 would seem like it was a beat down ... Piketon is looking for folks to fit into roles, scoring was a challenge for the Red Streaks ... I do understand that both teams were without key pieces to their teams (BC missing Schmitz, Piketon missing Farmer) ... Piketon will have a difficult time finding scoring , the perimeter game is challenged under pressure, scoring from anywhere on the court appears to be a chore - a work in progress for Coach Brabson & Co.

Pfloyd Napkin Stats - Piketon

Scoring ... Zack Jordan 13, Aaron Southworth 7, Wyatt Brewster 7, Tristen Veach 5, Chase Jones 4, Casey Moore 2

3 pointers ... 3/17 ... Zack Jordan 3

FTs ... 5/11

TOs ... 10

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Have a great day Floyd. Enjoy the hoops action, don't forget to listen to the Tomcats (on your phone) as you drive back to Logan tonight ... and make sure you wear purple in support of the Southern Tornadoes!!!

:)

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Lucasville Valley 89
Chilly Unioto 60

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

wow!!! c-coop!!! I didn't see this one coming at all - I thought this would be A GAME with a deep Unioto squad with lots of talent coming into Lucasville tonight ... do you have any napkin stats on this one? ... the BIGS for Valley must be the real deal early on this season, next up will be iron ton coming to L'ville Tuesday night - some payback from last season for the Indians ... going to be looking over the schedules to see when I can get out and see your BIGS in action ... Looks like my #4 preseason entry for the Indians is right on the money ... your LVHS boys will be taking on both Warren and Athens this season - I will be looking to getting to both of those games ( @ Marietta College and @ the Beasts of the Southeast) ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

The Indians are very, very good. I was impressed with how well all of them shot and how unselfish they were as a team. Dunn passes really well on the interior. I'll be surprised if the Indians are not in at least the Sweet 16 this year.

The Shermans D struggled with the size on the interior and when they began to pressure on the interior, the Indians would bury a 3 ball. Too many unforced turnovers for the Shermans to ever seriously push to get back in it. I'm still excited for this team and believe they just ran into a buzz saw with a big weekend in the SVC next weekend. Can't dwell on losing to this super talented bunch.

Corcoran led Unioto with 14. Strange added 13, while Hosley posted 9 pts and 11 rebs.

Dunn, West, Rolfe were definitely in double figures for Valley and I'd guess at least 1 more would've been as well.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Valley is at the #4 spot for a reason, lots of talent AND experience on the floor for the Indians this year for sure ... the Shermans will be fine! Valley can be that buzz saw you spoke of for sure daniC especially at home ... the margin of victory posted tonight won't be out of the question vs most of the teams on the LVHS schedule ... let us not forget those Shermans ARE one of those ELITE 8 teams I've posted in my Preseason Rankings - going to be fun to watch the action around SEO this season - especially following the elites in each division ... thanks for the run down daniC ...

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I don't have all the stats for tonight, but I know that West and Dunn both went for 20. I believe West had 22 and Dunn 20. I think Rolfe finished with 12.

A very good performance from the Indians tonight. If that is Valley 2 weeks behind schedule, D3 should take notice. Unioto is a nice squad and the Indians controlled the whole game.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Pfloyd, you need to put the Logan Elm at Circleville game on 12/13 on the schedule, which will be played at the Mill St. Gymnasium (Everts Middle School).

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... bman I may just do that - I really want to see what product Coach Goodyear is putting on the floor for Roundtown - noticed the box score had 4 players in double figures for the Tigers (Burroughs/Giffin/Camp/Hill) ... 3 different players knocking down the 3 ball as well (Smith with 3 treys) ... Logan Elm is ... well Logan Elm ... Young "squared" will be a combo to watch this season for the Braves ...Thompson/Congrove ... Coach Stiverson's Braves had 4 of their own in double figures led by Dillon Young's 20 spot ... as a team LE was 8/21 from behind the arc , only 8 TOs ... a big surprise was that Logan Elm was only 6 for 16 from the FT line ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Football, basketball, football, basketball, girls basketball, football ... arrrggghhhhhhh ... I will definitely be behind the 8-ball on hoops for a little while, Floyd ... But I will keep the TVC web site updated as best as I can so you can have access to TVC information. I will be calling Alexander vs River Valley on Power 105 on Tuesday ... Athens at Meigs on Friday on 970WATH ... then its off to Massillon to call the state championship game at Paul brown Stadium on Saturday!!!

Oh yea, I will try and get coach Skinner in for a 6:00 pm show this week - and will let you know which day ... I know you're dying to get some "Athens insight" from coach Skinner ...

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Pfloyd missed you at Coach Young classic. Eastern Brown is a good team and played well. We missed some of our starters and you have to hit free throws and hit open shots. Only one player was a starter all year last year and three of the starters last night was their first varisty start.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 'peake71 - had some last minute changes in plans as my "in-laws" came calling for the day/night ... Mrs. Floyd would not have been happy had I spent my 2nd full day/night on the road at basketball games LOL ... I will get to see your Panthers when they come to Rio Grande vs my Chiefs in a couple of weeks ...

... 93dog - at least one more week of craziness for you with that "oblong ball" thing LOL ... great stuff getting a chance to be on the road while a school makes "sports history" - I wish the best for those Tomcats! ...

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Im busy being envious of the dog, love your weekly plans,wish I could do what I love and call it work

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Need fu\inal score of Vinton County-Eastern Brown on Friday.

Also need Rock Hill and Chesapeake's 2013-14 boys basketball schedules. 93bulldog. Could not get in your TVC stuff.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... jottings the VC score from Friday at ZT Classic was

Vinton County 56
Eastern Brown 61

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Southern - 57
Manchester - 42

not sure if you got that one from Saturday, Floyd.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... got that one 93dog ... I won't put out the first Elite 8 until next Sunday after we get more teams having played - I already have teams moving up into the Treehugger Wannabe ranks getting off the End Table list based on their play this past weekend ... West Union, Alexander, Circleville, Southern, South Gallia, Oak Hill, Fairland ALL impressed the committee of one - me this weekend as they all are on the move in the right direction "UP" the rankings ...

... I'm going to make the trip to the Warrior Dome Tuesday evening to see Meigs take on Elite 8 number one Warren ... should be a good barometer game for me to gauge what the Marauders bring to the court this season ...

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”