Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 10

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 10

Post by pfloyd »

oneoak ... a good win for the Oaks going into the post season ...

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

Pfloyd, Maxpreps had St. Joe at 14-1 coming into this game with their only loss a two point game with Fairland. The Oaks have a 6'5" sophomore who worked his way into the starting lineup and has improved tremendously. The Oaks have a makeup game with Portsmouth West Monday night.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

oneoak ...THAT addition alone (6-5 to the lineup) will make Oak Hills a different/more dangerous commodity in the post season ... my first impression of the Oaks when I saw them play was - no size ... bring a 6-5 player to the court makes Coach Persin's boys definitely a contender now ...

Thanks for the info on this one oneoak greatly appreciate the headsup on what Norm is up to for the post season LOL ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I had seen where St Joe had only 1 loss a couple of weeks ago - wasn't sure how that had changed of late ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Scores we have for tonight 2/15

Columbus Ready 64 @ Miami Trace 52
Oak Hill 76 vs Huntington St Joe 39
Southeastern 64 vs Zane Trace 52
Meigs 40 @ Vinton County 46
Western Pike 51 @ Eastern Pike 73
Portsmouth 67 vs Gallia Academy 36
Crooksville 55 vs Granville Christian 40
McClain 40 vs Clinton Massie 33
Huntington 55 vs Jackson 45

games still out there from tonight ...

Minford @ Valley
Waterford @ Frontier
Circleville vs Bloom Carroll
South Gallia @ Trimble
Riverview East @ Whiteoak
Fairfield Leesburg @ Westfall
Ripley @ Manchester

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

South Gallia 78, Trimble 71

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Spring Valley WVa 85 vs Fairland 76

Lucasville Valley 81 vs Minford 76 in 2ots

newkidsontheblock
Waterboy

Post by newkidsontheblock »

pfloyd wrote:bman ... any word on how well Dillon Young's ankle held up during the Liberty Union game ? saw the scorecard that had him with 17 points ... hope the ankle doesn't interfere with the Logan Elm tourney run ... when I heard he left the Bloom Carroll game after 7 minutes - I thought "oh no! this isn't going to be a story like Chase Lawson for Eastern Brown last year at the Convo when he couldn't play due to a back injury" ... glad he was back on the court for LE ...

His ankle seemed fine. Didnt penetrate as much as i had seen in the past, but i believe the ankle will not be a factor in the tourney unless something else happens. I think if the BC game had meant anything League championship wise he would not have sit that much IMO.....

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Westfall 82
Leesburg 79

Great win for the Mustangs, as senior Dylan Anderson closes out his home career by scoring the last 8 points for the Mustangs. The word I got was that he had a monster night and that's one kid who deserved it (finished with 26). Great to see the Mustangs get a 2nd win, that group hasn't quit and it's nice to see.

Portsmouth hammers Gallia who was without a couple of players, Ky're Allison had a couple of nice dunks, including a beautiful one in traffic.

Made it to the Minford/Valley game in time and man was that a great game. Lots of shaky decisions, but that's part of what makes HS basketball so great. I was happy to see none of them directly decide the outcome as well. Chris Flowers performance in OT was outstanding for the Indians!

Oh and I want to give a shoutout to the Southeastern Panthers, thanks to their win over Zane Trace, Unioto wraps up their first solo SVC title since 94-95.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/artic ... ck_check=1

Here's a Chillicothe Gazette story on Unioto's Coach Alan Blue. An inspirational special needs student who I've been lucky enough to have been around for the past decade and has been around all Unioto sports for about the last 10-12 years.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

pfloyd wrote:... I understand what you're saying - last season spoiled a lot of us for sure with so many D2's getting to the Convo - the favorites made the trip/ and provided many great moments while they battled to District finals that were "unforgettable" ... this year the setup has taken away THAT aspect of "THE GAMES" ... I will still enjoy the show in A'town no matter the outcome of Sectional play I'm a softy for great hoops no matter the teams ... I'll take down the Napkin Stats - add them to the collection from over the years ... I like to go through them over the summers when hoops is the furthest from most peoples minds - funny how when I see the stat sheets I can close my eyes - hear Lou, see THE players as I recount the game on paper ... we have seen some GREAT games! great players! met great fans, met up with outstanding coaches ... I will still be at the Convo ... if I don't go there are memories I feel I won't give myself the chance to have ... napkin stats that wouldn't be kept or scribbled down on anyone else's sheets but mine ... mine have little notes on them - what I see/what others in the cheap seats say during the games LOL ... biggdowgg said the other night at Chillicothe "Minford beats Valley by 12 - write it down" LOL so I did LOL ... that one is going on tonight we'll see if biggdowgg knows his game or not :mrgreen:

Eh hem...dogg.....dont count those Indians out!

20-2(14-0) headed into the tournament. #5 ranked team in DIII I believe..

oldschoolcorner7
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolcorner7 »

chicken_coop wrote:
pfloyd wrote:... I understand what you're saying - last season spoiled a lot of us for sure with so many D2's getting to the Convo - the favorites made the trip/ and provided many great moments while they battled to District finals that were "unforgettable" ... this year the setup has taken away THAT aspect of "THE GAMES" ... I will still enjoy the show in A'town no matter the outcome of Sectional play I'm a softy for great hoops no matter the teams ... I'll take down the Napkin Stats - add them to the collection from over the years ... I like to go through them over the summers when hoops is the furthest from most peoples minds - funny how when I see the stat sheets I can close my eyes - hear Lou, see THE players as I recount the game on paper ... we have seen some GREAT games! great players! met great fans, met up with outstanding coaches ... I will still be at the Convo ... if I don't go there are memories I feel I won't give myself the chance to have ... napkin stats that wouldn't be kept or scribbled down on anyone else's sheets but mine ... mine have little notes on them - what I see/what others in the cheap seats say during the games LOL ... biggdowgg said the other night at Chillicothe "Minford beats Valley by 12 - write it down" LOL so I did LOL ... that one is going on tonight we'll see if biggdowgg knows his game or not :mrgreen:

ROLL TRIBE!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... rut roh biggdowgg LOL ... see it does NOT pay to sit next to pfloyd in the cheap seats sometimes - those napkin stat "notes" never lie! they're better than any NSA wiretap/email mining "stuff" :mrgreen:

... great win for the Indians, an outright SOC crown AGAIN ... 3 in a row ... best of luck in the post season on the Road to the Convo ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

football life wrote:
pfloyd wrote:bman ... any word on how well Dillon Young's ankle held up during the Liberty Union game ? saw the scorecard that had him with 17 points ... hope the ankle doesn't interfere with the Logan Elm tourney run ... when I heard he left the Bloom Carroll game after 7 minutes - I thought "oh no! this isn't going to be a story like Chase Lawson for Eastern Brown last year at the Convo when he couldn't play due to a back injury" ... glad he was back on the court for LE ...

His ankle seemed fine. Didnt penetrate as much as i had seen in the past, but i believe the ankle will not be a factor in the tourney unless something else happens. I think if the BC game had meant anything League championship wise he would not have sit that much IMO.....

football life ... thanks for the update - I would hate to see that the ankle DID have an effect on his play or whether he could or could not play ... Dillion Young is an outstanding player - I WANT him on the court for the Braves! (I'm demanding that way LOL) ... we need all teams at full strength when the one and done season tip off tomorrow night ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

He looked pretty good, close to normal. Shot mostly threes and pull up jumpers. Logan Elm got to a good lead and then Dillon did a lot of passing to get his teammates involved a lot. They shared the basketball well with each other, getting four into double figures against LU. The lead Logan Elm had in the standings and being after the draw allowed them to be careful with Dillon after he took the fall in the Bloom-Carroll game. They also thought it was a little worse at first than it was.

Logan Elm hasn't been shooting with the crispness the last few games as it has earlier in the season. Getting a couple of good practices in and some time off will hopefully restore the crispness for the tourney opener.
Last edited by bman on Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

"Live by the three ..... die by the three"

8)

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

danicalifornia wrote:Westfall 82
Leesburg 79

Great win for the Mustangs, as senior Dylan Anderson closes out his home career by scoring the last 8 points for the Mustangs. The word I got was that he had a monster night and that's one kid who deserved it (finished with 26). Great to see the Mustangs get a 2nd win, that group hasn't quit and it's nice to see.

Portsmouth hammers Gallia who was without a couple of players, Ky're Allison had a couple of nice dunks, including a beautiful one in traffic.

Made it to the Minford/Valley game in time and man was that a great game. Lots of shaky decisions, but that's part of what makes HS basketball so great. I was happy to see none of them directly decide the outcome as well. Chris Flowers performance in OT was outstanding for the Indians!

Oh and I want to give a shoutout to the Southeastern Panthers, thanks to their win over Zane Trace, Unioto wraps up their first solo SVC title since 94-95.
Very nice win for the Mustangs. Nice to see Dylan have a great game in his final home game.

Any word if they are going to make up the Unioto-Westfall game since the Shermans have now won the title outright with Southeastern's win over ZT?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

chicken_coop wrote:

was not counting the Indians out at all,,LOL..I honestly thought Minford had a shot to win this game and a share of the Title "nothing to do with tourney" I talked to one one Minfords players and he said they was ready for this game and from the sounds of the game on the radio he was right,lol,,both teams had and blew chances to put this game away ...best of luck to both these teams in the tourney and hopeing for a Portsmouth, valley match up at the convo.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

pfloyd wrote:... rut roh biggdowgg LOL ... see it does NOT pay to sit next to pfloyd in the cheap seats sometimes - those napkin stat "notes" never lie! they're better than any NSA wiretap/email mining "stuff" :mrgreen:

... great win for the Indians, an outright SOC crown AGAIN ... 3 in a row ... best of luck in the post season on the Road to the Convo ...

hey ,,Im not afraid to put it out there..esp. if its not my team :mrgreen: ...and it was not far fetched....a very good game by 2 good teams

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Post by BUCKEYES »

93Bulldog wrote:"Live by the three ..... die by the three"

8)
This is one of the truest statements about LE team, but without size it is what they do and if their on the other team could be in a lot of trouble because it extends defense and opens up backdoor cuts and easy layups. If they are not on...like against Bloom Carroll...well we all know how that turned out.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”