Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 10

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 10

Post by pfloyd »

trojandave wrote: ... Pfloyd: I guess you have your payback for all the "Portsmouth fans" giving you grief over your Elite 8.......... :122245. I'm beginning to think that every time you show up at a Trojan game, that we will either lose or struggle to win. I just wish for once that we could play great when you're watching us!!

... trojandave ! did you hear the fans chanting in the stands at the end of the game ????? I could not believe my ears !!!! it started out low to where I didn't understand what they were saying , then it got louder and louder and finally it was so loud I finally heard exactly what they were saying - like I said I could NOT believe it was being chanted ... "Just like South Point ...just like South Point ... Just like South Point !" :mrgreen: LOL ...okay maybe the Chilli fans weren't chanting that BUT I did tell biggdowgg to tell you that's what they were chanting LOL ...

... trojandave - I'm thinking Coach Collins will GIVE me a PHS T-Shirt if I agree to stay away from any Portsmouth games during the post season LOL ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Saturday ... Jim Myers Gymnasium in Logan ... Athens vs Warren!!!!

oooops, that's the girls tournament game ... lol ... BTW, it's 1:00pm if you want to slide over and watch it, Floyd.

8)

viper2406
Waterboy

Post by viper2406 »

Belpre over Southern 81-76. Big win for Belpre going into the tournament!!

Therriault 36 points
Ferrell 26 points

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Belpre is hard to figure out. They have the most talent in the league but are so inconsistent

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Super Trooper wrote:Belpre is hard to figure out. They have the most talent in the league but are so inconsistent
One word "Coaching"

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Warren 72
Logan 42 final

... let's call this one over before it tipped off ... quarter breaks Warren up across the board 16-7... 35-16 at intermission ... 49-30 end of three ... Warren 72 Logan 42 a final ... I totally enjoy watching a good basketball TEAM play - Warren fits the bill ... the Warriors were presented with a Logan Zone on the offensive end for the 1st half of the game - no problem as Warren found open, spot up jumpers from behind the arc to the tune of 13/24 on the game 8/13 in the first half alone ... defensively Coach Maddox's squad worked hard in the first half, lots of communication, stopping all perimeter penetration, forcing the Purple to shoot the rushed/off balance perimeter shot/scoring mainly off of their own misses on put backs in the paint ... 6-8 Kevin Fisher finished the game leading LHS with 13 points ... I would call the Warren "W" workmanlike - the Big Bad Blue got the "W", got out of a lopsided game without any injuries on the Varsity side while picking up the trifecta sweep of Logan on the evening at Jim's Gym ... Warren 72 Logan 42 final ...

Pfloyd Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Logan

Scoring ... Kevin Fisher 13, Lane Little 7, Chance Cox 6, Joey Cotrill 6, Gabe Smith 4, Nick Kost 3, Brandon Bush 3
3 Pointers ... 3/16 ... Cotrill 2, Little 1
FT's ... 11/17
TOs ... 15

Pfloyd Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Warren

Scoring ... Evan French 17, Reece Patton 15, Andrew Drayer 10, Mike Hall 9, Blake Kidder 9, Andrew Henthorn 7, Collin Welch 2, Eli Mallahan 2. Aaron Mazurkiewicz 1
3 Pointers ... 13/24 ... 54% from downtown ... Patton 3, French 3, Kidder 3, Drayer 2, Andrew Henthorn 1, Hall 1
FTs ... 4/5
TO's ... 13

Miscellaneous WHS Napkin Stats ...

* Great pass from behind the arc by Reece Patton to Michael Hall for the 2 handed slam, in traffic ...
* 1 bus broken down 7 miles East of Athens (93dog arranged that one I'm thinkin' LOL)
* 1 JV player taken to HVCH for stitches after taking an elbow to the eye
* 1 JV player with an ankle injury
* A whole bunch of classy Warren fans that stopped up to the cheap seats to say hello ... great to meet Reece Patton's mom & dad, Andrew Henthorn's father as well, good to visit with Mrs Coach Maddox, Tim Mauck, excoach78 , Mr Knost - ALL great supporters of the Big Blue ... I got to visit with Coach Maddox court side at the half of the JV game "Coach !!! let the 25 point comeback loss to Chillicothe during a SUMMER scrimmage GO !!! LOL " ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logan Elm wins the outright MSL title with their 72-42 win over Liberty Union tonight - congratulations to Coach Stiverson/Coach Holbert & the Braves ! ... even BETTER! when I looked at the box score of this one I saw that Dillon Young was back in the LE lineup after suffering an ankle injury vs Bloom Carroll Tuesday night ... the Braves were back to being the Braves :

* held Liberty Union under 50 points (42) - check
* score more than "fidy" offensively (72) - check ( I know ! BUT last season LE had the D to hold teams under 50 BUT did NOT score 50 themselves!)
* balanced scoring - check ( 4 players in double figures)

... if your a Logan Elm Braves fan you have to like these numbers ...

Scoring ... Logan Thompson 18, Dillon Young 17, Ridge Young 17, Casey Tyler 13 , Trent Congrove 5

... looking forward to seeing the Braves at Jim's Gym here in Logan this coming week ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens 64
Warren - 37

girls tournament final

1DOWN - 1 TO GO ... HOPEFULLY.

I tried to get Mr. and Mrs. Maddox to give me some dirt on Pfloyd today (after talking some smack to em first) - but they were having none of it. Nothing but nice things to say about the purple hippo.

8)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:Athens 64
Warren - 37

girls tournament final

1DOWN - 1 TO GO ... HOPEFULLY.

I tried to get Mr. and Mrs. Maddox to give me some dirt on Pfloyd today (after talking some smack to em first) - but they were having none of it. Nothing but nice things to say about the purple hippo.

8)

LOL !!!! ... 93dog did you 'fess up" to sabotaging the Warren Team bus ? - I didn't think so :mrgreen:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

No, I didn't fess up ... and my futile attempt to capture coach Maddox, duct tape him up - and throw him in my trunk went unsuccessful as well ... sure I hope I don't have to refund the money those folks from Meigs gave me ... what can I say guys, I tried.

8)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... looking forward to the beginning of the Road to the Convo !!! as much as I enjoy the regular season, tournament time is THE BEST TIME OF THE YEAR even though the start of the post season signals the end of hoops season Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... I truly love seeing the best of the best who "survive and advance" work their way to the Convo ... I KNOW when we get to the Convo it will ALL be familiar - Basketball Thirty with Lou Horvath "2 minutes!!!" ... the familiar folks who make the trek to the Cheap Seats on the West end of the Convo , great conversations with friends about hoops, coaches both past and present, $5.00 hot dogs, $ 4.50 Cokes, $4.50 Soft Pretzels ... Gibby at the tunnel entrance to the land of free hot dogs & chips - the hospitality room ... comfortable seats ... Sportsfolio with his briefcase full of hoops history making his way around press row ... programs to read and reread to see who is playing now and those returning for next seasons action , the student sections with their mascots/teletubbies ... Oh YEH!!! then there is the basketball on the court !!!! - kids who have worked so hard to get their games to a level that has TEAM earning a "yellow" ticket invite to the Convo where their names are announced by Lou "the voice" of high school hoops, where TEAMS come together like at no other time in the season, when the TEAMS who score, play defense, rebound, put into practice those pesky fundamentals are the ones who normally Survive and Advance ... TEAMS from an area that covers more than 1/4 of the state of Ohio trying to get to Athens, Ohio to the Convo ... some teams will travel 10 minutes while playing a team who may have traveled 2 1/2 hours on roads that are more akin to a ride at Cedar Point than a highway ... but there will be NO complaints ! the chance to perform AT the Convo - the Mecca of high school basketball makes it all worthwhile ...

... I have struggled to be able to attend Basketball Thirty the last 2 years - cancer tends to put a kink in plans BUT I have made it !!! this season? I am blessed for one more year to see the game I love, at the Convo with friends ... I love this game! - the kids who put on the SHOW, the coaches who sacrifice family/personal life for the sport THEY love, the opportunity to share my love of the game with other cheap seat fans - priceless ... thanks again "COACH" for keeping me in the game .. keeping time on the game clock for me ...

... the Road to the Convo starts Monday night - showtime ... almost time to put "life" on hold for 3-4 weeks - just posting about it puts a smile on my face ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

While I'm usually completely fired up about the Convo - I've kind of been sidetracked this year by all the hoop-ala surrounding the D2 Logan sectional.

And I have to admit, for years I was just tickled to death to go down and watch basketball all day - but if Athens gets bounced - I'm not sure how I'll react ... lol ... I've been spoiled the last two years Floyd, not sure I will enjoy the ride as much if it doesn't include the A-Train.

It's kind of like eating Pizza Crossing - once you've had it - there is just no going back to Domino's ... lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I understand what you're saying - last season spoiled a lot of us for sure with so many D2's getting to the Convo - the favorites made the trip/ and provided many great moments while they battled to District finals that were "unforgettable" ... this year the setup has taken away THAT aspect of "THE GAMES" ... I will still enjoy the show in A'town no matter the outcome of Sectional play I'm a softy for great hoops no matter the teams ... I'll take down the Napkin Stats - add them to the collection from over the years ... I like to go through them over the summers when hoops is the furthest from most peoples minds - funny how when I see the stat sheets I can close my eyes - hear Lou, see THE players as I recount the game on paper ... we have seen some GREAT games! great players! met great fans, met up with outstanding coaches ... I will still be at the Convo ... if I don't go there are memories I feel I won't give myself the chance to have ... napkin stats that wouldn't be kept or scribbled down on anyone else's sheets but mine ... mine have little notes on them - what I see/what others in the cheap seats say during the games LOL ... biggdowgg said the other night at Chillicothe "Minford beats Valley by 12 - write it down" LOL so I did LOL ... that one is going on tonight we'll see if biggdowgg knows his game or not :mrgreen:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

DO NOT LISTEN to those guys from Portsmouth Floyd ... Ozzie told me to take Wheelersburg over Valley in a 'very competitive' pick em contest during football season ... I was GOING TO take Valley - but switched on the advice of my old pal, Ozzie.

And guess what happened. I took the Burg - and lost the contest at the of the end year by ONE GAME!!!!

I'm pretty much going to ring his neck if I see him at the Convo.

8)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... SEE!!!! there is ALWAYS more reasons than "JUST" the hoops to be at the Convo!!!

theburgtheword
Varsity

Post by theburgtheword »

Southeastern 64
Zane Trace 52

Final

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... a surprising last weekend score right there teamwork - wow ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Senior night at Southeastern ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bman ... any word on how well Dillon Young's ankle held up during the Liberty Union game ? saw the scorecard that had him with 17 points ... hope the ankle doesn't interfere with the Logan Elm tourney run ... when I heard he left the Bloom Carroll game after 7 minutes - I thought "oh no! this isn't going to be a story like Chase Lawson for Eastern Brown last year at the Convo when he couldn't play due to a back injury" ... glad he was back on the court for LE ...

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

Oak Hill 76
Huntington St. Joe 39

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”