Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 10

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 10

Post by danicalifornia »

WarriorBlue wrote:
bman wrote:The Teays Valley game was actually on the Reservation. Teays Valley played its tails off, and were pretty good defensively. Dillon Young makes a three to send it to OT, where the Braves rattle off the first 12 points.
How does Teays Valkey compare to Sheridan/Vinton Co?
Much better than VC, I haven't seen Sheridan so I can't make any assumptions. TV is 13-5 (strange loss to Fairfield Union, avenged in a big way recently) and features 6'6 Seth Anderson who was a top 3 player for LE last season. TV should make it to the District Semis in D1 Central before meeting Northland.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Pet Land????? Rescue dogs are the best pets Pfloyd, avoid the puppy mills,,,,,,,ok Ill get off the political stump

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

LetsGoPSU wrote:Pet Land????? Rescue dogs are the best pets Pfloyd, avoid the puppy mills,,,,,,,ok Ill get off the political stump
I got my last pet through Petland and it was a rescue pet. So it worked out well and has been a great addition to our family!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Oh, those darn huddlers ... they never get anything right ... LOL ... http://www.jjhuddle.com/2014/02/11/nati ... l-2112-18/

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Chillicothe 66 Portsmouth 50......great to see everyone especially Mr and Mrs. Pfloyd! Waiting on a post game recap from Pfloyd...

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Gallipolis 54 Vinton County 52. Devils win without two starters. Big second half rally.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Anyone else hear dan dakich give a shout out to Washington Court House on the Buckeye game tonight?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Crab's brother wrote:Anyone else hear dan dakich give a shout out to Washington Court House on the Buckeye game tonight?
No but the Stockmeister's from Jackson have been all over the ESPN screen tonight

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chillicothe 66
Portsmouth 50 final

... went to Chillicothe expecting to see a good game between two rivals up and down Rt 23 - I got it !!! ... PHS showcased some of the quickest players Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line - Allison, Oliver, Lisath - I knew that going into the Hat, what I didn't know was that the Cavs of Coach Huffer feature some quickness of their own - Eddy Wells, Nate Rosenbauer, Isaiah Johnson and Tommy Bolte ... CHS was coming off a 53-38 win last night vs McClain - common sense says the Portsmouth quickness would wear out the Cavs by the 2nd half in this one ... common sense lost a couple of times tonight as the Cavs DID NOT wilt down the stretch, the Cavs were the aggressor from the opening tip to the final buzzer AND the Cavs played man to man D for the entire 32 minutes vs one of the quickest teams that you will find on the hardwood in SEOhio ...Chillicothe set the tone of the game right from the get go as the entire starting lineup dented the scoreboard in the opening quarter led by senior Eddy Wells' 9 pts ... most impressive was the Cavs ability to "out Trojan the Trojans" - matching quickness, pushing the ball, getting into a great offensive flow, and it helps when you offensively hit everything you throw up on the backboard - a great opening quarter for Coach Huffer's troops as they seemed to "throw an opening round blow to the stomach" of the Trojans both offensively and defensively ... Chillicothe 23 Portsmouth 14 after one ... quarter 2 opened with PHS changing things up on the defensive end as the Trojans went to a 2-3 zone ... which seemed to slow down the Cavs offensively, interrupted the flow while putting more pressure on the CHS shooters - all good for the Trojan fans ... PHS behind Sky Oliver's 6 points - all were of the Oliver to the rim variety ... Allison/Lisath followed suit getting into the paint for buckets at the rim ... PHS got within 6 at 21-27 before the Cavs seemingly weather the storm, Tommy Bolte reentered the game after taking a seat with 2 fouls - promptly scoring 7 points to right the ship for the Cavs ... Chillicothe 37 Portsmouth 27 at intermission ... the 3rd quarter looked like Portsmouth turned up the pressure on the perimeter, still going 2-3 zone, the Trojans turned the Cavs over 4 times in the quarter while Sky Oliver continued to attack the rim - netting 8 points in the quarter ... Bolte for CHS matched the Oliver show with 9 points of his own ... PHS cut into the CHS lead as the quarter ended Chillicothe 49 Portsmouth 43 after three ... the 4th period is where the Cavs were to show the effects of last nights' game vs McClain and the slowing of a step from chasing/playing man D vs the Trojans for the first 3 quarters - didn't happen - Bolte/Rosenbauer/Wells/Johsnson/Taylor/Benson turned up the defensive pressure of their own - forcing 4 PHS turnovers resulting in 3 transition buckets with most of the damage coming behind the play of Tommy Bolte - 9 more points in the 4th for Bolte, the Cavs outscored the Trojans 17-7 in the last period as the Cavs picked up a BIG TIME "W" on Senior Night - Chillicothe 66 Portsmouth 50 a final ...

Pfloyd's Official "Unoffical" Napkin Stats - Portsmouth

Scoring ... Sky Oliver 19,Kyre Allison 11, Isiaha Lisath 8, Hunter Gibson 7, Alex Dickerson 5
3 Pointers ... 2/17 ... Allison 1, Dickerson 1
FT's ... 2/7
TOs ... 14
Points in the paint ... PHS had 18 fgs in the paint on the night but only managed 4 outside jumpers ... 2 from behind the arc

Pfloyd's Official "Unofficial" Napkin Stats - Chillicothe

Scoring ...Tommy Bolte 30, Eddy Wells 11, Isaiah Johnson 11, Nate Rosenbauer 7, Matt Benson 7, Nolan Taylor 2
3 Pointers ... 6/15 ... Bolte 3, Wells 2, Johnson 1
FT's ... 4/10
TOs ... 14
Points in the paint ... 18 fgs in the paint for the Cavs ... backed up by 10 jumpers ( 6 of the 3 point variety)

... the Cavs now have won 10 of their last 11 outings ... Coach Huffer has done an outstanding job with the Cavs this season - my vote for COY Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... the Cavs are the best kept secret out there along with their main threat - Mr. Tommy Bolte (jr) WILL be back next season ... he may be one of the top 3 players I have seen in SEO this season - YES - he is that good ... glad I could get over to Chillicothe tonight - as I said the Cavs are a pleasant surprise, the loss of Eddy Wells and Isaiah Johnson to graduation will be difficult to replace BUT the youngsters! - Bolte/Rosenbauer/Taylor are all going to be special next season ... Cavs are a team/program going in the right direction - UP with a bullet ...

... great seeing biggdowgg/trojandave/Tony/bvmv4life tonight - I totally enjoyed this one ... the rematch NEXT year will be special !!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Pfloyd- Taylor is also a senior...but his little brother is an 8th grader is looks like he could be outstanding.

Some surprising scores tonight:

Piketon 66
Peebles 64

Bloom Carroll 55
Logan Elm 31
Not a surprise that BC would win, but the size of the win!

Clinton Massie 59
Washington 57

Circleville 50
Teays Valley 26!

In Unioto's 72-46 win over Jackson, Nick Corcoran hit 9 3s to tie Corey Cottrell's 8 year old school record.

East Clinton 74
Paint Valley 72

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

danicalifornia wrote:Pfloyd- Taylor is also a senior...but his little brother is an 8th grader is looks like he could be outstanding.

Some surprising scores tonight:

Piketon 66
Peebles 64

Bloom Carroll 55
Logan Elm 31
Not a surprise that BC would win, but the size of the win!

Clinton Massie 59
Washington 57

Circleville 50
Teays Valley 26!

In Unioto's 72-46 win over Jackson, Nick Corcoran hit 9 3s to tie Corey Cottrell's 8 year old school record.

East Clinton 74
Paint Valley 72
Dani, Dillon Young only played the first seven minutes of the game before leaving with an ankle injury. I felt Carroll would win the game coming into it. They have a quality team and LE was playing its fourth game in five days. The loss of Dillon kind of led to the final score being that wide, obviously.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

No excuses allowed bman. Or are the mighty LE braves allowed excuses while nobody else is.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Spartan wrote:No excuses allowed bman. Or are the mighty LE braves allowed excuses while nobody else is.
Yeah!! No excuses, like "not in basketball shape" or "the referee may have been friends with a coach on the other team...but we're not really sure!"

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

pfloyd wrote:Chillicothe 66
Portsmouth 50 final

... went to Chillicothe expecting to see a good game between two rivals up and down Rt 23 - I got it !!! ... PHS showcased some of the quickest players Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line - Allison, Oliver, Lisath - I knew that going into the Hat, what I didn't know was that the Cavs of Coach Huffer feature some quickness of their own - Eddy Wells, Nate Rosenbauer, Isaiah Johnson and Tommy Bolte ... CHS was coming off a 53-38 win last night vs McClain - common sense says the Portsmouth quickness would wear out the Cavs by the 2nd half in this one ... common sense lost a couple of times tonight as the Cavs DID NOT wilt down the stretch, the Cavs were the aggressor from the opening tip to the final buzzer AND the Cavs played man to man D for the entire 32 minutes vs one of the quickest teams that you will find on the hardwood in SEOhio ...Chillicothe set the tone of the game right from the get go as the entire starting lineup dented the scoreboard in the opening quarter led by senior Eddy Wells' 9 pts ... most impressive was the Cavs ability to "out Trojan the Trojans" - matching quickness, pushing the ball, getting into a great offensive flow, and it helps when you offensively hit everything you throw up on the backboard - a great opening quarter for Coach Huffer's troops as they seemed to "throw an opening round blow to the stomach" of the Trojans both offensively and defensively ... Chillicothe 23 Portsmouth 14 after one ... quarter 2 opened with PHS changing things up on the defensive end as the Trojans went to a 2-3 zone ... which seemed to slow down the Cavs offensively, interrupted the flow while putting more pressure on the CHS shooters - all good for the Trojan fans ... PHS behind Sky Oliver's 6 points - all were of the Oliver to the rim variety ... Allison/Lisath followed suit getting into the paint for buckets at the rim ... PHS got within 6 at 21-27 before the Cavs seemingly weather the storm, Tommy Bolte reentered the game after taking a seat with 2 fouls - promptly scoring 7 points to right the ship for the Cavs ... Chillicothe 37 Portsmouth 27 at intermission ... the 3rd quarter looked like Portsmouth turned up the pressure on the perimeter, still going 2-3 zone, the Trojans turned the Cavs over 4 times in the quarter while Sky Oliver continued to attack the rim - netting 8 points in the quarter ... Bolte for CHS matched the Oliver show with 9 points of his own ... PHS cut into the CHS lead as the quarter ended Chillicothe 49 Portsmouth 43 after three ... the 4th period is where the Cavs were to show the effects of last nights' game vs McClain and the slowing of a step from chasing/playing man D vs the Trojans for the first 3 quarters - didn't happen - Bolte/Rosenbauer/Wells/Johsnson/Taylor/Benson turned up the defensive pressure of their own - forcing 4 PHS turnovers resulting in 3 transition buckets with most of the damage coming behind the play of Tommy Bolte - 9 more points in the 4th for Bolte, the Cavs outscored the Trojans 17-7 in the last period as the Cavs picked up a BIG TIME "W" on Senior Night - Chillicothe 66 Portsmouth 50 a final ...

Pfloyd's Official "Unoffical" Napkin Stats - Portsmouth

Scoring ... Sky Oliver 19,Kyre Allison 11, Isiaha Lisath 8, Hunter Gibson 7, Alex Dickerson 5
3 Pointers ... 2/17 ... Allison 1, Dickerson 1
FT's ... 2/7
TOs ... 14
Points in the paint ... PHS had 18 fgs in the paint on the night but only managed 4 outside jumpers ... 2 from behind the arc

Pfloyd's Official "Unofficial" Napkin Stats - Chillicothe

Scoring ...Tommy Bolte 30, Eddy Wells 11, Isaiah Johnson 11, Nate Rosenbauer 7, Matt Benson 7, Nolan Taylor 2
3 Pointers ... 6/15 ... Bolte 3, Wells 2, Johnson 1
FT's ... 4/10
TOs ... 14
Points in the paint ... 18 fgs in the paint for the Cavs ... backed up by 10 jumpers ( 6 of the 3 point variety)

... the Cavs now have won 10 of their last 11 outings ... Coach Huffer has done an outstanding job with the Cavs this season - my vote for COY Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... the Cavs are the best kept secret out there along with their main threat - Mr. Tommy Bolte (jr) WILL be back next season ... he may be one of the top 3 players I have seen in SEO this season - YES - he is that good ... glad I could get over to Chillicothe tonight - as I said the Cavs are a pleasant surprise, the loss of Eddy Wells and Isaiah Johnson to graduation will be difficult to replace BUT the youngsters! - Bolte/Rosenbauer/Taylor are all going to be special next season ... Cavs are a team/program going in the right direction - UP with a bullet ...

... great seeing biggdowgg/trojandave/Tony/bvmv4life tonight - I totally enjoyed this one ... the rematch NEXT year will be special !!!

Great recap as usual PFloyd! I am greatful that the powers that be kept the Chillicothe/Portsmouth rivalry going by keeping them on the schedule...according to TrojanDave the Cavs now lead the series 44-43...Portsmouth will be a team hard to handle come tourney time with the quickness that they have....the Cavs I've been saying since the start of the year have been blessed with the hiring of Coach Huffer..what he brings to the table as a leader is what Chillicothe has been missing since the departure of Coach Kellough, DEFENSE! I just wish he was in place with last years version of the Cavs...IMO its a huge sigh of relief for the teams in the D2 SE District cause the Cavs would make a lot of noise! With the classes that Chillicothe has coming the future is very bright! If the Cavs win out regardless of their 6 losses, the way they are playing I wouldn't be surprised if they cracked the top 8 because they are playing some of the best basketball in this area....its not how u start, its how you finish and the Cavs are finishing well!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

danicalifornia wrote:"the referee may have been friends with a coach on the other team...but we're not really sure!"
No, I'm positive they are friends - I know both of them. :-)

But nobody ever used that as an EXCUSE Dani ... that post was in response to something MOTIVATOR said on a different topic all together.

Now, the football thing - yea, I've been saying that. Call it an excuse, call it a reason, call it whatever you want - it is what it is. Athens played no scrimmages, didn't dress for the preview and stepped out onto the floor with 2 practices and played Wellston. After 8 practices they played Logan Elm. That is just a fact, whether it changed the outcome I have no clue - nobody does. Maybe Logan Elm beats Athens by 15 if they play on Jan. 1st.

Bloom-Carroll beats Logan Elm ... but not having Dillon Young is a HUGE deal. I totally understand that. You or I don't have to make an excuse for the loss. Put the facts out there and just let everyone judge for themselves.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Ouch Dani, stings doesnt it. The pot calling the kettle black.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Instead of piling on Logan Elm, the folks need to pile on the district for the prehistoric sectional format. Jackson D3 teams have been screwed for years, LE has been screwed in the past, so have a number of other teams. One year the coaches worked it over at SE to where Chillicothe and Greenfield had to play each other in the sectional, when G'field had Dante and Chillicothe was a rising program with a young Hitchens and crew.
Last edited by bman on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I wouldn't go as far as to say angry, Dani ... I think the bitter cold is just making everyone a little 'testy' these days ... 8)

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

93Bulldog wrote:I wouldn't go as far as to say angry, Dani ... I think the bitter cold is just making everyone a little 'testy' these days ... 8)
This weather is terrible, so it's understandable.

And bman, that was the 1st year that Chillicothe and Unioto were both D2 and they were easily the 2nd and 3rd best teams in that sectional behind the Fighting Dante Jackson's and those 3 teams got hammered by the SCOL boys. An upset by Logan Elm at the Convo later and we had the 'classic' 56-28 District title win for the Braves over Fairfield Union. Here's hoping this year features a better set of 3 Convo games than that year featured where only 1 was good at all.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Great seeing Mr.and Mrs.Pfloyd last night, and also bvmv4life as well as Hitchbone64. I have to give credit where credit is due, Chillicothe took it to the Trojans right off the opening tip, and deserved the win........much different Cavalier team than the one I saw at the CHS Holiday Classic. Tommy Bolte was outstanding, but his supporting cast played well also. Coach Huffer has done very well in his first season at CHS, with a 14-6 record. His kids outhustled the Trojans and as a result made positive plays because of it. Sky Oliver was outstanding for the Trojans, and his offensive skills kept PHS in the game. Chillicothe now leads the series 44-43, and have won 17 of the last 20. The 3 wins PHS posted were by the 2011 and 2012 state tournament teams.

No matter what the series standing, we should always play CHS. From my understanding, the series will continue. As I told bvmv4life leaving Hatton Gymnasium, we owe the Cavaliers......we've got to get this great rivalry back in our favor!!

The Trojans are a very good 15-4, having beaten some very good teams along the way. I look for the defensive intensity to return Friday and Saturday night, and carry over into the tournament.

Pfloyd: I guess you have your payback for all the "Portsmouth fans" giving you grief over your Elite 8.......... :122245. I'm beginning to think that every time you show up at a Trojan game, that we will either lose or struggle to win. I just wish for once that we could play great when you're watching us!!

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”