93Bulldog wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:2014-2015

Trojans #1?
Bulldogs #2?

Bulldogs #1?
Trojans#2?

:-)
There's a little ball club from Chillicothe that won 20 games and returns 95% of their scoring, including their top 8 out of their 9 man rotation from this year that might have something to say about that.
CHILLICOTHE LOST THEIR 'LEAGUE AFFILIATION CREDENTIALS' ... AND ... THEIR CONVO PASS!!!!

lol
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The South Central Ohio League is 5/8ths Southeast District, and Chillicothe, like Logan, is still a member of the Southeast District.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Final Editi

Post by 93Bulldog »

What is this South Central Ohio League you speak of? Is it a Columbus league?

lol

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

93Bulldog wrote:What is this South Central Ohio League you speak of? Is it a Columbus league?

lol
When Wilmington comes in next season, it's going to make a run at being one of the top basketball conferences in our area of the state. Wilmington, Chillicothe, Court House, Trace, just need to get Greenfield and Hillsboro going again.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Btw, there are 4 schools in Chillicothe, and Chillicothe is not the one I was talking about.

But, the Cavaliers (15-7) should be very good with one of the best scorers in SE Ohio back in Tommy Bolte (22 ppg)
Zane Trace (17-4) should have another outstanding season with a more mature Pierce Mowery (16 ppg in his 1st 2 years, will only be a junior)
Huntington will likely drop off, but they do return Elijah Shanks, who led the SVC in scoring (17.4) and will likely be a premier scorer in the area next year.

All of those teams lose multiple impact seniors, while UNIOTO only loses one senior and returns everything else from this years SVC championship team. They lost to a very good Minford squad in the Sectionals, which should make them hungry again for next year. If they make a similar jump in skills that they made from last year to this year, watch out! I look for them to be facing the Bulldogs of The Plains in the District Finals next year in something similar to this year's hyped up D2 Finals. (Obviously, Circleville, Miami Trace, Minford, WCH, Warren, Sheridan, VC, and of course, LE will have something to say about that)

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

Have to agree with bman on this one, the SCOL is a SE District league and should be considered as such. With Wilmington joining, IMO they become the best league in SE Ohio. Clinton-Massie and Wilmington playing the big boys in SW and the Falcons state football titles shows why. Hey Bulldog 93, if the league basically no longer exists, how can Chilly lose their league credentials? Maybe they could revoke your condo pass instead!! lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

League pass: more than 50% of the teams must play at the Convo in the district tournament. That's why Logan and Wahama are allowed - but not Morgan.

We decided that years ago when the Elite 8 was first created n 2002 ...and who created it? 93Bulldog ... pfloyd just been riding ol 93's curtails for years now.

LOL

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

The history of the Elite 8 (the Reader's Digest Version) …

1. 93bulldog STARTED the Elite 8 on jjhuddle
2. Pfloyd DID NOT agree with the Elite 8 teams selected (by the way the Elite 8 used to be just that - only the top 8 teams)
2a. 93bulldog refused to allow Morgan High School to be included in his Elite 8 rankings … pfloyd felt they belonged … Convo Passes/League Affiliation rules were born ...
3. Pfloyd on a weekly basis would post an "opposing" Elite 8 hence "Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/Southeastern Ohio" was created…
4. Ironman92 at the same time kept track of the records of ALL 70+ teams in Southern/Southeast Ohio …
5. at some point 93bulldog disappeared from jjhuddle - no Elite 8 … we're talking 2 years "no 93dog"
6. Pfloyd combined what I92 was doing - keeping track of all teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line- with the original Elite 8 … pfloyd and the committee of one decided you can not accurately rank only 8 teams WITHOUT knowing what ALL the teams in Southern/Southeast Ohio are doing every week - the ranking of ALL 70+ teams Below the Line was born on jjhuddle …

7. No 93dog on the huddle, I92 quit keeping the records of teams … Pfloyd continued to rank ALL teams on the huddle however jjhuddle thought it was "all that" and the only game in town … I92 pm'd me and got me to crossover to this other sports forum site called SEOPs … it was FREE, it WAS solely about everything football, basketball, baseball etc in Southern/Southeastern Ohio … I gave in and crossed over - a perfect fit for hoops was Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/Southeastern Ohio …

8. … at some point AFTER the original Elite 8 was turned into Pfloyd's Elite 8 (due to the 93dog hiatus ) … 93dog found his way BACK to sports in SEO - newspaper sports reporter, VikingRoundball fame, 970WATH color man/play-by-play AND the introduction of the TVC website …

9. no more alternative Elite 8 as 93dog limits his "territory" to the 300 teams in the TVC both boys/girls in ALL sports … while abusing pfloyd as often as possible … ALL was/is good in the world …

Last edited by pfloyd on Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Very good,,,pfloyd,,you even slipped a 2a. In on him,,lol

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

pfloyd: Great seeing you and Bulldog93 at the Convo.........please, next year, no 1A, 1B, and 1C in the Elite 8.........8 teams only!!........... :122245

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

:mrgreen: I tried hard not to do that this past season BUT that 3 headed monster of Athens, Warren, Logan Elm were there … "I had the shot and I took it" - Maverick

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

biggdowgg wrote:Very good,,,pfloyd,,you even slipped a 2a. In on him,,lol
LOL ... Good eye biggdowgg.

"2-year hiatus" ... once Huddle started charging - it took me two years to find a free site ...

8)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:Very good,,,pfloyd,,you even slipped a 2a. In on him,,lol
<= :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

LOL ... Good eye biggdowgg.

"2-year hiatus" ... once Huddle started charging - it took me two years to find a free site ...

8)

… we ALL know that Life is full of 1a's 2b's etc LOL …

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:… we ALL know that Life is full of 1a's 2b's etc LOL …]

Just don't tell Mrs. Floyd she is "1b" when it comes to your 'top 8 favorite gals' of all time ... lol ... Or if you do, just be prepared to duck!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

TONIGHT on The Sportsfan I am going to try and get WarriorBlue on the line ... you can sit and listen as we enjoy a big slice of humble pie (with a little crow on top) ...

lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… 93dog … I listened to the sportsfan tonight - I have to say I was disappointed you didn't bring up the officiating … I wanted to hear WarriorBlue's take on what HE saw on the court for that "4-5 minute" stretch when WHS lost it's composure , was taken out of the game by the play of LE AND the officiating crew … I'll have to ask WarriorBlue myself Thursday night at the Convo I suppose … It was good to hear the WB was in agreement in his thinking that the TVC should bring in all on some of the leftovers in the SEOAL …

Last edited by pfloyd on Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I wasn't expecting the voice of the Bobcats to call in ... it kind of screwed up my questioning ... I had it on the list ... :-)

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

thought the officiating was off most of the weekend, the tech foul at the end of the Valley-Dawson Bryant game was frustrating to watch after watching such an entertaining game

THE GOVENOR
All State

Post by THE GOVENOR »

LetsGoPSU wrote:thought the officiating was off most of the weekend, the tech foul at the end of the Valley-Dawson Bryant game was frustrating to watch after watching such an entertaining game

I agree....it was very frustrating after watching the glass get slapped on 2 CG layups with nothing called.
Last edited by THE GOVENOR on Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

THE GOVENOR wrote:I agree....it was very frustrating after watching the glass get slapped on 2 CG layups with nothing called.
What did you want called? Slapping the backboard while in an attempt to block a shot is not a violation.

THE GOVENOR
All State

Post by THE GOVENOR »

4th n Goal wrote:
THE GOVENOR wrote:I agree....it was very frustrating after watching the glass get slapped on 2 CG layups with nothing called.
What did you want called? Slapping the backboard while in an attempt to block a shot is not a violation.

With the ball on the rim you can still slap the glass?? Just wondering!!

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”