Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #5

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #5

Post by Blackcobra »

we will See how Peebles so called Strong Schedule will help them come spring. There were several opportunities for Peebles to play a stronger team schedule besides the Powerhouse ZT lol SMH

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

What teams? I would like to hear your list uk!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

UKPROF wrote:we will See how Peebles so called Strong Schedule will help them come spring. There were several opportunities for Peebles to play a stronger team schedule besides the Powerhouse ZT lol SMH
A softer schedule last year didn't hurt them on the way to regionals with a weaker team. We also play Paint Valley(who perhaps other than Trimble will be our toughest competition pre-regional) Summit Country Day, and a decent Lynchburg/WU team a few times before the season is through. You think anyone that is expected to make noise in the tourny has to play Unioto and Athens to validate themselves? There haven't been many world beaters in the district the past few years.
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

93Bulldog wrote:
TribeManiac10 wrote:as well as beating a Notre Dame team that beat South Gallia (who was a district finalist last season) by nearly 30. They have played as strong a schedule as any other D4 team.
South Gallia just lost at home to River Valley (5-4), lost to Notre Dame, lost to Gallia by 11? Notre Dame also lost to Sciotoville, Western Pike, lost by 20 to Clay? I'm not sure a 30-point win over ND quantifies a quality win.
But what Peebles has done all season justifies their ranking for sure. I'm looking forward to a possible rematch in the Convo between Peebles and Trimble. That would make a great regional semi-final or final if they both happen to get there.
Regardless of whether or not an SG is a team that can make it back to the district final or not the schedule Peebles has had has not been bad enough to bring on any undue criticism.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I wasn't criticizing, just pointing out the South Gallia & Notre Dame reference.

I said Peebles deserves to be where they are in Floyd's ranking.

roxanna fry
Riding the Bench

Post by roxanna fry »

Everybody plays some teams that are not that competitive but given the fact they aren't "playing down to another team's level" says alot......I'm assuming that is what 93Bulldog was hinting at in his comment? At least that is the way I took it.....as a compliment

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

oldschool wrote:Everybody plays some teams that are not that competitive but given the fact they aren't "playing down to another team's level" says alot......I'm assuming that is what 93Bulldog was hinting at in his comment? At least that is the way I took it.....as a compliment
haha I wasn't thinking of that, but it is one heckuva point, and wish I had when I posted.

:mrgreen:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… when I finished this ranking week (#5) … I thought it looked really good - the tell tale sign will be how it plays out THIS week … it literally takes me about 4 hours each Sunday to do the rankings - make sure I have all of the scores from games played the previous week (not just who won or lost), I take those game results put them on the prior weeks ranking sheets , at the same time I keep a running record of all 72 teams' game by game results for the season on my 'puter … all of that needs done BEFORE I can rank the teams … usually the top 8 are easy it's those next 64 that are the ones you have to have a working knowledge of who teams have played, who beat whom etc. in order to be fair in ranking the teams appropriately , fairly, objectively … I KNOW I take it far to seriously LOL … but I have this "work ethic" that " if you are going to do something do it better than anyone else can.would do it " …

… I truly LOVE knowing about ALL of the teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line … nothing like going into a gym and being able to discuss both teams with the folks in the Cheap Seats … add to the conversation, KNOW things they don't know while learning more and more from the folks … I end up making friends in every gym I go to see a game played … I had just gotten out of my car at Warren a week or so ago - when a car pulled in beside me, the gentleman got out and said "so YOU must be the infamous pfloyd !" - the gentleman was the father of Aaron Mazurkiewicz PG for the Warren Warriors … we talked our into the gym … Maz knocked down the winning FTs - had a brief conversation with Maz's dad as I left the Warriordome … sat with Minford fans for the game happened to be the Falcon starting PG Brandon Rowe - great fans of the game (both mom & dad) - talked about Minford opponents , the Falcons etc. wished each other safe trips home - looking forward to seeing the Rowe's at the Convo - hoops friends we are now … heck parents of past players stopped up to the cheap seats to say hello - T. Ward, Chase Knoce's dad grabbed me on the way out the door … all these folks I view as friends , all from what happens HERE on SEOPS but more importantly because of the game of high school hoops … I'll keep doing what I do - I love the game on the court but the people that share the love the game - the fans, the parents , the players, the coaches …

… IF I thought I was not doing the game of high school hoops a service … IF what i do was viewed as detrimental … I wouldn't do it … I take it seriously, I would not do anything to harm the kids, the teams, the coaches, fans/parents or how these folks view "me" …

… for those who don't see eye to eye with the rankings - no problem - I agree to disagree … when the folks on here who I KNOW "know" the game, see many games, tell me that the rankings look good - I take that as my "pay" for doing the work that goes into the rankings …

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

eagles73 wrote:What teams? I would like to hear your list uk!
Like to see them play Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Minford Georgetown even? Gotta get that first seed tho! BUT Seems when Peebles plays teams with some Diversity on em we hear crying and excuses. We'll see soon enough, meanwhile they will play well in the SHAC or SHL THIS YEAR whichever. Seems like most in that league do that.I feel leave em where theyre at see how this plays out.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

They played portsmouth before ptown joined the ovc and had to drop most non league. Minford has not been a historically great program, chesapeake during the norm years yes but are just now getting back to being strong again. Dont know much about gtwon. I am not a fan of peebles, but to say they dont try to pick up better teams non league is a stretch

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

pfloyd wrote:… when I finished this ranking week (#5) … I thought it looked really good - the tell tale sign will be how it plays out THIS week … it literally takes me about 4 hours each Sunday to do the rankings - make sure I have all of the scores from games played the previous week (not just who won or lost), I take those game results put them on the prior weeks ranking sheets , at the same time I keep a running record of all 72 teams' game by game results for the season on my 'puter … all of that needs done BEFORE I can rank the teams … usually the top 8 are easy it's those next 64 that are the ones you have to have a working knowledge of who teams have played, who beat whom etc. in order to be fair in ranking the teams appropriately , fairly, objectively … I KNOW I take it far to seriously LOL … but I have this "work ethic" that " if you are going to do something do it better than anyone else can.would do it " …

… I truly LOVE knowing about ALL of the teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line … nothing like going into a gym and being able to discuss both teams with the folks in the Cheap Seats … add to the conversation, KNOW things they don't know while learning more and more from the folks … I end up making friends in every gym I go to see a game played … I had just gotten out of my car at Warren a week or so ago - when a car pulled in beside me, the gentleman got out and said "so YOU must be the infamous pfloyd !" - the gentleman was the father of Aaron Mazurkiewicz PG for the Warren Warriors … we talked our into the gym … Maz knocked down the winning FTs - had a brief conversation with Maz's dad as I left the Warriordome … sat with Minford fans for the game happened to be the Falcon starting PG Brandon Rowe - great fans of the game (both mom & dad) - talked about Minford opponents , the Falcons etc. wished each other safe trips home - looking forward to seeing the Rowe's at the Convo - hoops friends we are now … heck parents of past players stopped up to the cheap seats to say hello - T. Ward, Chase Knoce's dad grabbed me on the way out the door … all these folks I view as friends , all from what happens HERE on SEOPS but more importantly because of the game of high school hoops … I'll keep doing what I do - I love the game on the court but the people that share the love the game - the fans, the parents , the players, the coaches …

… IF I thought I was not doing the game of high school hoops a service … IF what i do was viewed as detrimental … I wouldn't do it … I take it seriously, I would not do anything to harm the kids, the teams, the coaches, fans/parents or how these folks view "me" …

… for those who don't see eye to eye with the rankings - no problem - I agree to disagree … when the folks on here who I KNOW "know" the game, see many games, tell me that the rankings look good - I take that as my "pay" for doing the work that goes into the rankings …

Has to be nice to see your rankings so loved by everyone to be a big topic of conversation.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Love the rankings Floyd ... love this weeks with not one, but TWO little guys!!!

That may historically be a first.

Well, not officially. When it was '93Bulldog/Pfloyd's Elite 8" I'm sure 93 had a couple little guys ranked at one time ... lol

(In fact, I believe I had Reedsville Eastern and South Webster consistently in the top 8 in the 2003, 2004 time frame.)

:mrgreen:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Lets see how good my memory is ...

2003/2004 Elite 8?

1. Greenfield McClain (with Dante Jackson) .... lost in the D2 regional semi's
2. Ironton (with Gaigai and Waginger) .... lost to Bellaire in the regional semi's
3. Vinton County (with Bethel and Co.) .... lost to Greenfield in the district championship (best Saturday ever at the Convo!)
4. Logan Elm (with Tyler Evans) .... was beat by Greenfield in the sectional finals (brutal sectional)
5. Chesapeake (with PJ Rase) .... lost to Bellaire in the regional championship.
6. South Webster (with Aldridge) ... lost in the state semi-finals
7. Piketon (can't remember star player) .... lost to Chesapeake in the district championship (best Saturday ever at the Convo!)
8. Eastern (with Cozart, Dill, Cross) .... lost to South Webster in the regional final

9. Trimble (with A.J. Jenkins & Bruce Fouts) .... lost to South Webster in the district championship (best Saturday ever at the Convo!)

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Bulldog, Piketon was led by Kyle Vulgamore, and Kyle Miller.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

eagles73 wrote:Bulldog, Piketon was led by Kyle Vulgamore, and Kyle Miller.
Nice! I remember that name (Vulgamore) now. Thanks.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

blackcobra1 wrote:
eagles73 wrote:What teams? I would like to hear your list uk!
Like to see them play Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Minford Georgetown even? Gotta get that first seed tho! BUT Seems when Peebles plays teams with some Diversity on em we hear crying and excuses. We'll see soon enough, meanwhile they will play well in the SHAC or SHL THIS YEAR whichever. Seems like most in that league do that.I feel leave em where theyre at see how this plays out.
Peebles wouldn't have had to go to Cincinnati to schedule a team like Summit if there was an abundance of talent with an available game in our area. I can personally attest that games were attempted to be scheduled with teams like Wilmington late in the offseason but nothing came of those discusses given how late in the process they were scrambling to find a game. Teams with some diversity? Give me a break. Most arguments against, not that I agree with most of them, playing teams like Africentric and Harvest Prep (and even Wehrle back in the day) have very little to do with demographics and more about the enrollment opportunities afforded to open enrollment schools in very large urban centers. I think to be the best you have to beat the best but that does not exclude any of the aforementioned arguments as being racist or without base, but this is getting a little off topic.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Lets get back to Basketball

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Lets get back to Basketball

ssusoccer
Varsity

Post by ssusoccer »

Clay 74
NewBoston 45
Final
Clay moves to 9-3

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

Heartbreaker for the young Oaks losing by 2 at minford on costly foul call with 1 sec. Cox should have been shooting 3 foul shots. Instead called it on the floor.had to inbounds with .07 seconds left shot didn't fall.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”